PDA

View Full Version : Vikings may be close to trading for Chiefs DE Allen

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Vikings may be close to trading for Chiefs DE Allen
April 18, 2008
Pro Football Weekly

PFW is hearing that the Chiefs are weighing strongly an offer to send All-Pro DE Jared Allen to the Vikings for a first-round draft pick this year (No. 17 overall) and a third-round pick in the 2009 draft. Sources say the talks have been ongoing for a month or more, and Allen told FoxSports.com that he has a visit scheduled with Minnesota. The Buccaneers also are in the picture. In February the Chiefs placed the franchise tag on Allen, who was scheduled to hit free agency this offseason; signing him to an offer sheet would cost the Vikings two first-round picks. The Vikings have a need at defensive end, especially with Kenechi Udeze having been diagnosed with leukemia this offseason. Allen, who recently turned 26, has played both the left and right sides and has 43 sacks in 61 career games. The Vikings too often were forced to blitz and abandon their Tampa-2 schemes last season because the front four wasn?t generating enough pressure. Interestingly, the Chiefs and Vikings hold their training-camp practices in River Falls and Mankato, Minn., respectively, and often practice together in July and August.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+North/Minnesota/WWHI/2008/wwhi041808.htm

Galax Steeler
04-20-2008, 06:56 AM
That trade would really boost the vikings deffense,and a chance for the chiefs to fill alot of holes they have.

Boomerang
04-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Vikes D is not too bad and that trade would strengthen it further.

Elvis
04-20-2008, 06:13 PM
:applaudit: Go Chiefs... you have 1 good player on your defense and your trying your best to trade him away... doesnt make any sense to me.
:doh:

lilyoder6
04-20-2008, 06:23 PM
b/c he is asking 4 70 million dollar contract and when they do trade him away they get more picks and they need help in a lot of areas and those extra picks will help

BettisFan
04-20-2008, 06:25 PM
wow how much do the vikings have?

Steeler in Carolina
04-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I like Allen a lot. That would be a good pick up for the Vikings.

silver & black
04-20-2008, 07:52 PM
:applaudit: Go Chiefs... you have 1 good player on your defense and your trying your best to trade him away... doesnt make any sense to me.
:doh:

Shhhh.... not so loud. They might hear you! :sofunny:

Us Raiders fans don't want the Chiefs to even have ONE good player. :wink02:

Galax Steeler
04-21-2008, 04:03 AM
wow how much do the vikings have?

Seems like they should be busted now.

lilyoder6
04-21-2008, 08:08 AM
well the vikings could prob come up w/ a contract and still have room.. but i probn bet there will be a clause about dui's

Willem Gerber
04-21-2008, 08:35 AM
The trade will help the vikings D out alot. I really do wish the best of luck to Udeze and his illness,but Allen will be an immediate upgrade