PDA

View Full Version : Those other hockey games that affect the Pens

Fire Haley
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
ole ole ole

Is that the Habs I see choking?

Boston - 10 goals in the last 2 games - who woulda thunk it....

Just goes to show - it don't count till you win that 4th game!

....if the Habs lose Game 7, Montreal fans will be crying for the next decade over the greatest playoff collapse in franchise history.:sofunny:

HometownGal
04-21-2008, 08:45 PM
ole ole ole

Is that the Habs I see choking?

Boston - 10 goals in the last 2 games - who woulda thunk it....

Just goes to show - it don't count till you win that 4th game!

....if the Habs lose Game 7, Montreal fans will be crying for the next decade over the greatest playoff collapse in franchise history.:sofunny:

Unfortunately, the Habs are moving on to the next round after shellacking the Bruins 5-0. Blech. I so wanted to see their fans with pie faces.

Fire Haley
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah - my predictions suck.

....but another game 7 tomorrow night..........cool

Whelp there it is. Caps win we play them.....doesn't get any simpler than that.

Otherwise it's the Rangers.

Lord Stiller
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
GOOOOOO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F the Cryers!

Fire Haley
04-21-2008, 09:00 PM
This could all work out to our advantage....I don't mind playing the Caps.
That would seem to be a pretty fast wide open game there.

Lord Stiller
04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I think we would beat the Caps in no more than 5 games

A Pens/Rangers series would be a battle and likely go 7 games

Fire Haley
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
An Ovechkin vs. Crosby match-up would be the wet dream of all the networks

X-Terminator
04-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Pens vs. Caps - Pens in 5 or less.

Pens vs. Rangers - Pens in 6, clinching the series on MSG ice.

Fire Haley
04-23-2008, 01:27 AM
So much for the NHL picking the winners - all of America wanted to see a Crosby/Ovechkin series.

Way to go blow it crapitals

OneForTheToe
04-23-2008, 01:43 AM
An Ovechkin vs. Crosby match-up would be the wet dream of all the networks

I agree ... but a Pens (Crosby) and the Rangers (largest TV market) is not a bad match-up - evidenced by two scheduled NBC games for this series.

i'll also say Pens in 6.

The NHL is probably rooting for a Detroit - Pittsburgh Final now.

X-Terminator
04-23-2008, 06:23 AM
I agree ... but a Pens (Crosby) and the Rangers (largest TV market) is not a bad match-up - evidenced by two scheduled NBC games for this series.

i'll also say Pens in 6.

The NHL is probably rooting for a Detroit - Pittsburgh Final now.

For some reason, I'm seeing Colorado upsetting Detroit. Don't ask me why, but I have a feeling it will happen. The league probably now wants a Pittsburgh-Montreal East final now, so that they can take advantage of the last remaining Canadian team/market in the playoffs.

HometownGal
04-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Flyers leading the Habs 3-2 with a little over 3 minutes left in the game. Red Wings are ahead 4-3 with a little over 11 minutes left.

HometownGal
04-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Habs tie it up near the end of regulation on a goal by Kovalev (who I still miss as a Penguin). 3-3 going to OT.

HometownGal
04-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Red Wings hold onto the lead and win 4-3 over the Avs and the Habs beat the Flyers 4-3 in OT.

Edman
04-28-2008, 05:16 PM
The Habs are certainly having a challenging playoff stretch so far.

Boston took them to Game 7, and it looks like Philty will give them trouble, too.

HometownGal
05-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Dallas beats the Red Wings 3-1. :thumbsup: I don't particularly care which team wins, as I feel the Pens have what it takes to beat either one, but I want the home ice advantage. :tt03:

Petesburgh66
05-14-2008, 10:51 PM
I am the only on not impressed with the Dead Wings so far in the playoffs.

- they needed six games to beat Nashville and looked shaky for a couple of games
- my crappy Maple Leafs could have steam rolled Colorado in 4 with all their injuries
- for a team that is suppose to steam roll over Dallas (they are out of gas from the Sharks series) and into the finals, they should of had the series wrapped up
- the most amount of saves Osgood has had to make is 21 in the playoffs. Nashville, Colorado and Dallas offences are meh.

Detroit will have a rude awaking when the Penguins play them. There D will be exposed. If that Swede wants to park in front of Fluery, I hope Hal Gill becomes Hal Kill.

X-Terminator
05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
I am the only on not impressed with the Dead Wings so far in the playoffs.

- they needed six games to beat Nashville and looked shaky for a couple of games
- my crappy Maple Leafs could have steam rolled Colorado in 4 with all their injuries
- for a team that is suppose to steam roll over Dallas (they are out of gas from the Sharks series) and into the finals, they should of had the series wrapped up
- the most amount of saves Osgood has had to make is 21 in the playoffs. Nashville, Colorado and Dallas offences are meh.

Detroit will have a rude awaking when the Penguins play them. There D will be exposed. If that Swede wants to park in front of Fluery, I hope Hal Gill becomes Hal Kill.

I had not considered all of that, quite honestly. And after watching them tonight, it left me just as unimpressed as you. The Stars have ZERO offense outside of their top line, and yet they still managed to stave off elimination. They're still going to lose the series, likely in their next game, but I'm feeling better about the Pens' chances when they meet up in the Finals. And if Holmstrom tries to park his big ass in front of the net, I hope Fleury channels Billy Smith and hacks that big bastard down. He'd get a penalty for it, but it would send him a strong message.

stlrtruck
05-15-2008, 07:33 AM
What I've noticed about the Red Wings is that their defense backs down towards the net when the offense of the opposing team sets up. While that may be good for teams that have minimal offense - doing it against the likes of Crosby, Malkin, and company could be devastating - especially when slapshots are their speciality.

Detroit has played in a weak conference and it will show when we punk them out for Lord Stanley's cup.

Counselor
05-15-2008, 07:51 AM
What I've noticed about the Red Wings is that their defense backs down towards the net when the offense of the opposing team sets up. While that may be good for teams that have minimal offense - doing it against the likes of Crosby, Malkin, and company could be devastating - especially when slapshots are their speciality.

Detroit has played in a weak conference and it will show when we punk them out for Lord Stanley's cup.

Boy I hope you're right! the wings are fast, but we're more physical. We can beat Osgood if we can get shots on him. The Wings D has done a great job limiting shots against him which is part of his success. The Wings top line is impressive--Gonch and Orpik are going to have their hands full, but I certainly think we have a good shot, especially with how focused we've been during the playoffs. Our guys have one goal, and the Prince of Wales trophy isn't it.

TackleMeBen
05-15-2008, 08:25 AM
it will be a great series.

Petesburgh66
05-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Dallas won again.

HometownGal
05-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Dallas won again.

:thumbsup::drink: Turco played very well in goal, though Detroit only had 21 SOG. I'm glad to see those suckas lose again! :tt03: :applaudit:

TackleMeBen
05-17-2008, 03:25 PM
:thumbsup::drink: Turco played very well in goal, though Detroit only had 21 SOG. I'm glad to see those suckas lose again! :tt03: :applaudit:
HTG, that wasnt nice..lol:chuckle:... my son is pulling for the red wings and the flyers. so i told him i was going to pull for dallas..lol

HometownGal
05-17-2008, 03:32 PM
HTG, that wasnt nice..lol:chuckle:... my son is pulling for the red wings and the flyers. so i told him i was going to pull for dallas..lol

Of course it's nice if you're a Pens fan. If Dallas goes on to win the last 2 and the Pens win one more game, the first 2 games of the Stanley Cup finals are played in da Burgh.

TackleMeBen
05-17-2008, 03:36 PM
that is true.

Lord Stiller
05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Dallas vs. Redwings is tonight. I guess we should be rooting for Dallas to extend the series to a game 7.

If Dallas wins the series, we would have the home ice advantage over them. But Turco is a much better goalie than Osgood imo.

Counselor
05-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Dallas vs. Redwings is tonight. I guess we should be rooting for Dallas to extend the series to a game 7.

If Dallas wins the series, we would have the home ice advantage over them. But Turco is a much better goalie than Osgood imo.

Yep, that's the quandry----I will not "wish" to play either team, but I will wish for a long and difficult last two games, so tonight I root for Dallas.

HometownGal
05-19-2008, 01:37 PM

I will be cheering on the Stars tonight, no doubt about it. We want home ice advantage.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Turco is a much better goalie than Osgood for the simple reason that Turco is hot and cold. Lundqvist, imho, is a better goalie than either of them and the Pens made mincemeat out of him. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
05-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Yep, that's the quandry----I will not "wish" to play either team, but I will wish for a long and difficult last two games, so tonight I root for Dallas.

Agreed - let's hope they beat the hell out of each other. :drink:

TackleMeBen
05-19-2008, 02:56 PM
good news for dallas is that frazen didnt make the trip to dallas for the game tonight.

pittsburghp8baller
05-19-2008, 06:35 PM
honestly i want detroit. i want them so bad. dallas might be an easier road to the victory but i want the two best teams in the NHL to square off as a pens fan but more importantly a hockey fan. this would be a serious boost for the NHL seeing 4 of the best in the world play against each other. it would kind of be the passing of the guard u got the vets on the red wings, ozzy, the dominator, nik lidstrom, tomas holmstrom and so on up against the future of the NHL in Geno, Sid, MA Fleury (we win he is my vote for the Conn Symthe) and Jordan Staal. jus would be a great series to watch and if by some reason we dont win at least it was to the team who was consistenly the best in the league for the whole season

The Duke
05-19-2008, 07:00 PM
honestly i want detroit. i want them so bad. dallas might be an easier road to the victory but i want the two best teams in the NHL to square off as a pens fan but more importantly a hockey fan. this would be a serious boost for the NHL seeing 4 of the best in the world play against each other.

exactly :thumbsup:

also, dalls kinda surprised detroit in games 4 and 5, they could also give the pens a surprise if they do beat the wings

the best two out there against each other, it can't get any better than that

SteelCityMan786
05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
I want Dallas to win game 6 because of the shot both teams the Pens could play will be tired at the start and it could give the Pens a good early advantage.

pittsburghp8baller
05-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Detroit Leads Dallas 3-0 after one

SteelCityMan786
05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
4-0 Detroit.

HometownGal
05-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Bring on the Wings. I believe in our young guns vs. the geezers in red. :old::thumbsup::tt03:

Edman
05-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Dallas laid down and died tonight. What a pathetic display.

Yep, looks like it's gonna be Dead Wings and the Pens. And that's fine by me.

Petesburgh66
05-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Dallas laid down and died tonight. What a pathetic display.

Agreed. How Dallas made it that far still surprises me.