PDA

View Full Version : Remember Tim Worley?

RJC
04-21-2008, 09:51 PM
http://deadspin.com/381792/this-weeks-tasered-athlete-tim-worley

Elvis
04-22-2008, 06:36 AM
For those of us that remember Tim, he was a prety darn good talent that was just worthless. The guy had good rookie season, then dropped off the world. What a dissapointment
:doh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I remember his agent tried to negotiate some HUGE contract and the Steelers counter offered $1.

They thought they should only match it with an absurd counter offer, because the demand was equally absurd.

Talent without effort is a shame to watch.

BlastFurnace
04-22-2008, 09:20 AM
When I think of Steelers who had talent, but a 10 cent head, I think of Tim Worley, Troy Edwards, and Delton Hall.

Worley, more than all of them, could have been really good in the Steelers system...especially under Cowher. Imagine Barry Foster and Worley as a 1-2 punch under Cowher.

Hapa
04-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know what is job is (if he has one) currently?

HometownGal
04-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know what is job is (if he has one) currently?

http://www.barbarabuckland.com/mainwebsite_html/homeless%20man.jpg

BlastFurnace
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Atleast he scored the 1st touchdown in the 1989 Wild Card Game that sent the Oilers packing for the season. That was about the extent of his contributions.

What a complete waste of talent.

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I remember Myron (RIP) saying Whoop! whoop!whoop! there goes Worley just like a copter over the endzone!"

Atlanta Dan
04-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Tim Worley and Huey Richardson as #1 picks:banging:- whomever was running the drafts in Chuck Noll's last years was sniffing glue (although at least they never traded up to draft a punter)

BlastFurnace
04-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Tim Worley and Huey Richardson as #1 picks:banging:- whomever was running the drafts in Chuck Noll's last years was sniffing glue (although at least they never traded up to draft a punter)

John Rienstra
Aaron Jones
Walter Abercrombie
Mark Malone
Keith Gary
Daryl Sims
Tom Ricketts
Tim Worley
Huey Richardson

PATHETIC

....all 1st Round busts picked during Noll's last 10 years. The only #'s they hit on were Woodson, Lipps, and Eric Green. Woodson was a no-brainer pick that fell to them. Rivera gets an INC because of his injury.

I don't know how the Steelers scouting staff kept their jobs during this time span. It looks like they were not only sniffing glue, but sleeping at the wheel.

SteelerFanInATL
04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
The only thing I remember about Tim Worley is his name. :popcorn:

Elvis
04-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Tim Worley was a mistake that I would like to forget along with OT Tom Ricketts and QB Mark Malone... those names bring back nightmares!!
:chuckle:

HometownGal
04-23-2008, 07:01 AM
Tim Worley was a mistake that I would like to forget along with OT Tom Ricketts and QB Mark Malone... those names bring back nightmares!!
:chuckle:

Malone still holds the Steelers team record for the longest TD reception of 90 yards. :sofunny::hatsoff:

Atlanta Dan
04-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Malone still holds the Steelers team record for the longest TD reception of 90 yards. :sofunny::hatsoff:

Mark Malone - the original Slash!

bizob2828
04-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Probably not the best decision we've made in a 1st round pick, especially since the next year we could've taken Emmit Smith but instead took Eric Green. Not sure if I would've want Emmit, considering his image has been tainted in my mind by wearing that Star on his helmet all these years. It's tough to think, what could've happened if we didnt take Worley that year.