PDA

View Full Version : Anquan Boldin wants to be traded.

TackleMeBen
04-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Adam Schefter reports Boldin went to Cardinal management and has requested a trade. Heard this on the NFL network? wonder if there is any truth to this or if Boldin wants more money?

revefsreleets
04-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't think we'd trade for him, but we certainly do have a pipeline to the organization. (Engaging in pure fantasy right now) I would love to see Boldin in the B&G. Him and Holmes wideout, and Ward playing the slot. Are you kidding me?

Dino 6 Rings
04-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Does he really want traded or does he just want the same money as Fitz...that's the real question.

TackleMeBen
04-23-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't think we'd trade for him, but we certainly do have a pipeline to the organization. (Engaging in pure fantasy right now) I would love to see Boldin in the B&G. Him and Holmes wideout, and Ward playing the slot. Are you kidding me?

that would be a killer recieving core.

lilyoder6
04-23-2008, 10:03 AM
it's both actually... he said he wants more money or he wants to be traded...

trade him to cincy 4 chad... :o

Lord Stiller
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Starks for Boldin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

How awesome would that be?????????????????????

TackleMeBen
04-23-2008, 10:41 AM
it's both actually... he said he wants more money or he wants to be traded...

trade him to cincy 4 chad... :o
we dont want the bengals to get better..lol :sofunny:

BettisFan
04-23-2008, 12:53 PM
wow, lets get Boldin!!!

stlrtruck
04-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Starks for Boldin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

How awesome would that be?????????????????????

What good would that be if Ben doesn't have but a second to throw the ball :noidea:

verks36
04-23-2008, 02:08 PM
guys it is cool when ever a big time WR asks for a trade and we always so how sick it would be if he gets in the black and gold

but truthfully it never happens and I really dont see it ever happening with the rooneys at the helm

Lord Stiller
04-23-2008, 02:49 PM
What good would that be if Ben doesn't have but a second to throw the ball :noidea:

Then we dont need to draft a WR and can focus on o-line and get rid of Starks and his ridiculous '08 salary

it's a win-win-win

stlrtruck
04-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Then we dont need to draft a WR and can focus on o-line and get rid of Starks and his ridiculous '08 salary

it's a win-win-win

I'm in agreement as long as it's a final WIN in February!!!

Elvis
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM
I dont blame him for out of the dessert. He wouldnt look to bad in Black N Gold in my opinion.
:noidea:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
I am a huge Boldin fan and I would flip if it happened. However, I don't think it's gonna happen.

revefsreleets
04-23-2008, 05:46 PM
I'd give up the 1st round pick this year plus some...WR's are hard to judge out of college, and he's a proven commodity with many good years ahead of him. But, like I said, it's just fantasy anyway...

jjpro11
04-23-2008, 06:22 PM
it wont happen.. but him and hines together would be a physical nightmare for DBs.. for the first time, the defensive backs would be the ones with their heads on a swivel rather than the receivers.

BettisFan
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
what would we have to give up for boldin? Like is it a real possibility?

Galax Steeler
04-24-2008, 05:08 AM
It's always great to dream but he would look damn good in black and gold.

stlrtruck
04-24-2008, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't mind getting Boldin at all. Definitely the best prospect as far as WRs go and I'm sure (just like with other FAs) when he got to Pittsburgh his love for the game would change and then intensify....ahhh to dream!

rbryan
04-24-2008, 09:38 AM
The sad thing is that we probably could have packaged Faneca and a 2nd or 3rd rd draft choice for him this time last year.

fansince'76
04-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Cardinals unwilling to deal Boldin, willing to talk contract

Add Arizona's Anquan Boldin to the list of disgruntled wide receivers that have requested a trade.

Boldin recently met with Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and informed him that he would like to be traded. The Cardinals told Boldin they were unwilling to trade him, but would consider exploring the possibility of a new contract with him.

Boldin is scheduled to make $2.5 million this season, $2.75 million next season and $3 million in 2010 -– considerably less than the four-year, $40 million extension that wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald signed with Arizona last month.

For now, Arizona has taken the same stance as Cincinnati has with its disgruntled Pro Bowl wide receiver Chad Johnson, who has the same agent, Drew Rosenhaus, as Boldin. The Cardinals have made it clear they are unwilling to trade Boldin.

General manager Rod Graves said Tuesday night that he views Boldin as one of the franchise's building blocks, a core player, and he is not interested in trading him.

But it is up to another team such as Washington that already has made an offer for Johnson to see if it could persuade Arizona to surrender Boldin.

It all adds to the intrigue of draft week. And it all creates a situation in Arizona that is similar to the one in Cincinnati.

Cardinals Unwilling to Deal Boldin (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807ea17e&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Translation: The Cards would want WAY too much for him, and I am assuming he would want in the $10 million-per-season neighborhood as well - too steep. The Steelers have other more pressing needs at the moment.

lilyoder6
04-24-2008, 10:44 AM
i wonder if the skins offered hem what they did 4 chad... and ari is not dumb.. boldin is one of the best and they need him and fitz on opp sides

Boomerang
04-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Would be good to have Boldin on board but we have other areas we also need to keep improving in.

Rhee Rhee
04-25-2008, 02:22 AM
if one of my favorite players in the NFL comes to my favorite team?

i'll never ever ever criticize the personell decisions we make (i.e signing guys like mahan)