PDA

View Full Version : Your Predictions for 08

43SteelCurtainRevolution
04-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Here are my personal predictions for each of the 16 regular season games the Steelers are scheduled to play. I predict we will once again win the division, but with stiff competition from the once lowly Brownies.

September 7 vs Texans: W

September 14 @ Stains: W

September 21 @ Eagles: W

September 29 vs Ratbirds: W

October 5 @ Jags: L

October 19 @ Bungles: Big W

October 26 vs Giants: L

November 3 @ Redskins: W

November 9 vs Colts: L

November 16 vs Chargers: L

November 20 vs Bungles: W

November 30 @ Patriots: L

December 7 vs Cowgirls: W

December 14 @ Ratbirds: L

December 21 @ Titans: W

December 28 vs Browns: W

Record: 10-6 and division winners.

What do y'all think?

HometownGal
04-22-2008, 07:42 PM
This is a blind prediction, obviously, but I think the Steelers will win 9-10 games this season.

Will it be enough to win the AFCN?

Only the shadow knows. :muhaha::muhaha::muhaha:

19ward86
04-22-2008, 09:13 PM
10-6 is pretty solid, i think we could go 12-4 or better but it depends on health and if we get any late round suprise picks this year.

Galax Steeler
04-23-2008, 03:41 AM
You don't have much faith in us beating any of the teams like the colts,patriots,jags,chargers I think we will have an upset or two this year.

Steel Pit
04-23-2008, 05:03 AM
I'm going to go with 11-5. The Steelers have hit that mark more often than any other in the past 15 or so years. I know that the schedule looks tough "right now" but doesn't it always at this time of year? A lot of things will change between now and the end of the season and I'll bet that 2 or 3 of the games that look tough now, will probably look fairly easy a week or so before they're played. That's just the trend that I've always seen develop.

stillers4me
04-23-2008, 05:31 AM
Hopefully, the train wreck of injuries for us in in the past. We would have finished out much stronger last year if not for the injuries.

TackleMeBen
04-23-2008, 05:43 AM
right now i am going to say 9-11 wins this season. could be less if we dont fix the oline issues b/c our qb will be spending most of his time running for his life or on his rear.

Elvis
04-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Realisticly I believe that the Steelers could win between 7 to 11 games this upcoming season. If our offensive linemen are very much improved, then I could see us winning 12 games and a strong run in the playoffs and a 6th super bowl ring. If they improve a little.. then play-offs are possible with the rest of our division pretty much playing the same schedule everyone is gonna be tested every week. If our line doesnt improve over last years... this is gonna be a very long season.
:helmet:

Rotorhead
04-23-2008, 10:19 AM
September 7 vs Texans: W - Not a very good team

September 14 @ Stains: W - We have their number, was Anderson a 1 season wonder?

September 21 @ Eagles: W - Too many ?'s and all you have to do is stop Westbrook, he is their entire offense

September 29 vs Ratbirds: W - Not a very good team

October 5 @ Jags: W - Will be a close game

October 19 @ Bungles: Big W - Not a very good team

October 26 vs Giants: L - Will be a close game, if our tackles settle in by this time we will win this game

November 3 @ Redskins: W - Money can't buy a team, they need cohesion, when is Snyder going to learn that?

November 9 vs Colts: L - Just too much offense at this time and they will be clicking

November 16 vs Chargers: W - I think they are on the downfall, should have kept Marty

November 20 vs Bungles: W - Not a very good team

November 30 @ Patriots: L - As much as I hate to say this, they are a good team and are always prepared. If we have a pass rush we can win this game.

December 7 vs Cowgirls: L - I think they will be in the Superbowl, despite Homo

December 14 @ Ratbirds: W - Not a very good team

December 21 @ Titans: W - Not a very good team, let the QB try and run haha

December 28 vs Browns: W - Yes Anderson was a 1 year wonder and the new QB is not ready for this game

Record: 11-5 and division winners. But no love from the media (like usual) cause we will lose to the "elite" teams. However, we will run right through them in the playoffs on our way to the Superbowl!

DACEB
04-23-2008, 11:06 AM
What's up with all the losses at home, guys??

If we improve our pass rush, and the O-line plays with more consistency, we will be able to beat anyone. Damn, I can't wait for the draft.

BlastFurnace
04-23-2008, 11:46 AM

If we improve our pass rush, and the O-line plays with more consistency, we will be able to beat anyone. Damn, I can't wait for the draft.

It's not like we are unbeatable at home...as a matter of fact...I don't think anyone is scared to play us in Pittsburgh any longer.

Honestly...thank goodness we had no playoff home games in 2005 with our history of home playoff game losses.

I have felt all offseason that our season comes down to this...if we fix our OL and Pass Rush problems, we will finish with 10 or 11 wins. If we don't fix our OL and Pass rush problems, we will win between 6 and 8 games....but...

....Even looking deeper than that, the last half of the season last year doesn't lie folks:

We couldn't run or stop the run, which lead to our late season problems.

Some of our best players are getting older and/or have been injury prone...such as Hines and Polamalu. Answer this honestly, has Troy been the same playmaker he has been..even when healthy...since the Denver playoff game of 2005-6? I can count more injuries he has had in the past 2 seasons than big plays. It's not a knock against him...it's just that his style of play combined with a small body frame has taken it's toll on him.

We have no depth in our DL and that has not been addressed yet.

We need someone to step up at WR's 4 and 5...and we have to hope that Nate can handle the #3 role.

As it stands right now, we have to hope that Moore can take some of the load off of Parker because Davenport doesn't cut it and who knows what Russell brings to the table.

Our Special Teams are still horrendous.

We still have a talented roster if everyone stays healthy. The problem is if / when any of our starters go down with an injury...and year by year, it comes down to when...our depth is lacking and one draft is not going to fix it.

As it stands right now, I really think we will win between 7 and 9 games. That doesn't mean that I am not pulling for 16 wins and that I don't think that Tomlin can fix it, but we need to look at the team realistically and realize that due to the schedule and roster concerns, this team may take a step back this season.

BettisFan
04-23-2008, 11:51 AM
11-5 AFC North Champs

steelreserve
04-23-2008, 11:55 AM
November 30 @ Patriots: L

I'm going to have to disagree with that one and say we're going to win. And just to rub it in, the score will be 19-0.

HometownGal
04-23-2008, 12:00 PM

We're all kind of feeling around in the dark right now, DACEB, not knowing what the Steelers season will bring just yet. I think we'll all have a better picture after the 2nd or 3rd preseason game. :tt02:

stlrtruck
04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
My prediction....PAIN...for a lot of people and specifically for Mr. Metro himself!!!

verks36
04-23-2008, 01:11 PM
i would be happy with 10-6 but more likely 9-7 with the way the schedule played out and Our O-line has seem to got almost worse rather than better.

DACEB
04-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Let me first say that I really wasn't looking too deep into anything, I just found it strange that many of the losses were at home.

I have to say BlastFurnace that, unfortunately, I agree with your 'state of the franchise' moving forward. I, on the other hand, feel we can resolve many of our issues with this draft.

It's not like we are unbeatable at home...as a matter of fact...I don't think anyone is scared to play us in Pittsburgh any longer.

While no one is unbeatable, Jax. caught us at a vunerable time at the end of the season. Until those unfortunate losses (playoff loss; holding call anyone?) the team had never lost to the same opponent twice at home in the same season, NEVER. Whatever team comes in here knows they are in for a physical game, and the fact that it is never over as long as Ben has a chance with the ball in his hands.

Honestly...thank goodness we had no playoff home games in 2005 with our history of home playoff game losses.

Don't remind me, I live in N.E.

I have felt all offseason that our season comes down to this...if we fix our OL and Pass Rush problems, we will finish with 10 or 11 wins. If we don't fix our OL and Pass rush problems, we will win between 6 and 8 games....but...

....Even looking deeper than that, the last half of the season last year doesn't lie folks:

We couldn't run or stop the run, which lead to our late season problems.

We can run the ball and we can stop the run. You're really only talking about the Jax. games. The Ravens game doesn't count, sort of, and we had no problem in the Rams game (besides FWP breaking a leg). You reference the 'last half' of the season, but it was the last four games including the playoff. Your absolutely right in that when it came down to it, we couldn't get the hard yards in the running game. Hopefully with Hartwig taking over at center and Smith and Starks back at the tackle spots that will change, and I believe it will. I also think the addition of either Colon or Kemo at guard will bring an even greater physical presence inside. Add Russell to the mix, at RB, and I believe we will be much more physical running the ball this season.

Losing Smith was the main reason we had a problem stopping the run. The other reasons are playing to his right. Hampton did not have a good year, and it's time to bring in some young blood behind him. Kiesel has performed well, but playing everydown has taken a toll on his production. Someone needs to be brought in to compete with Kiesel for the RDE spot, and at the very least become a better backup than what we have on the roster. That could very well be one player, a 3-4DE (spelling Kiesel) that lines up at DT (spelling Hampton) in a 4-man pass-rushing line. I would prefer to see us draft two D-linemen, a DT and a DE.

Some of our best players are getting older and/or have been injury prone...such as Hines and Polamalu. Answer this honestly, has Troy been the same playmaker he has been..even when healthy...since the Denver playoff game of 2005-6? I can count more injuries he has had in the past 2 seasons than big plays. It's not a knock against him...it's just that his style of play combined with a small body frame has taken it's toll on him.

I have the same reservations about Troy, but I'm anticipating a big, healthy year from him. Where's the crossing your fingers smiley?

We have no depth in our DL and that has not been addressed yet.

This can, and I believe will, be fixed with the draft. This is the biggest area of need IMO. I firmly believe the O-line can play much better than last year with the position changes and addition of Hartwig. Big Ben is a playmaker and as long as we can stop the opposition we stand a chance to win every game. The biggest problem we have with stopping people is the rush from the big guys. We need to draft at least one D-lineman and, IMO, an OLB. The Giants proved that you can't have enough guys rotating in and out of your front seven.

We need someone to step up at WR's 4 and 5...and we have to hope that Nate can handle the #3 role.

As it stands right now, we have to hope that Moore can take some of the load off of Parker because Davenport doesn't cut it and who knows what Russell brings to the table.

Nate will do just fine, and I believe Baker could turn into a fine possession WR. The whole #4 and #5 WR thing is a little overrated, how often do we line up 4 and 5 wide. I'd worry more about Spaeth stepping up than any of the 'other' WRs.

The signing of Moore might be the writing on the wall for Dookie. I think Moore will be a much better option on 3rd down, and Russell will be the tough runner Dookie wasn't.

Our Special Teams are still horrendous.

The process has already begun to improve the STs with the additions of Moore and Fox. That is also the reason I think we need to draft an OLB. Besides helping the pass rush, an OLB will help on STs. It's obvious the back-up LBs we have don't help STs, which doesn't say much for their in game potential. We also need to draft for the defensive backfield and replace some of the smurfs we have as back-ups. Russell was also a STs standout in pre-season, and then never dressed again until late in the year.

We still have a talented roster if everyone stays healthy. The problem is if / when any of our starters go down with an injury...and year by year, it comes down to when...our depth is lacking and one draft is not going to fix it.

As it stands right now, I really think we will win between 7 and 9 games. That doesn't mean that I am not pulling for 16 wins and that I don't think that Tomlin can fix it, but we need to look at the team realistically and realize that due to the schedule and roster concerns, this team may take a step back this season.

Our offense, although inconsistent, is capable of making plays at any time. The same cannot be said for the defense. That's why I say focus the draft on the weak areas of the defense. We need an improvement in the pass rush and depth; draft D-line and OLB/DE. We need help on STs and improved depth in the secondary; draft DBs and another late round STs LB.

I chose to hold my prediction until after the draft, let's talk on Monday.

verks36
04-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Let me first say that I really wasn't looking too deep into anything, I just found it strange that many of the losses were at home.

I have to say BlastFurnace that, unfortunately, I agree with your 'state of the franchise' moving forward. I, on the other hand, feel we can resolve many of our issues with this draft.

While no one is unbeatable, Jax. caught us at a vunerable time at the end of the season. Until those unfortunate losses (playoff loss; holding call anyone?) the team had never lost to the same opponent twice at home in the same season, NEVER. Whatever team comes in here knows they are in for a physical game, and the fact that it is never over as long as Ben has a chance with the ball in his hands.

Don't remind me, I live in N.E.

We can run the ball and we can stop the run. You're really only talking about the Jax. games. The Ravens game doesn't count, sort of, and we had no problem in the Rams game (besides FWP breaking a leg). You reference the 'last half' of the season, but it was the last four games including the playoff. Your absolutely right in that when it came down to it, we couldn't get the hard yards in the running game. Hopefully with Hartwig taking over at center and Smith and Starks back at the tackle spots that will change, and I believe it will. I also think the addition of either Colon or Kemo at guard will bring an even greater physical presence inside. Add Russell to the mix, at RB, and I believe we will be much more physical running the ball this season.

Losing Smith was the main reason we had a problem stopping the run. The other reasons are playing to his right. Hampton did not have a good year, and it's time to bring in some young blood behind him. Kiesel has performed well, but playing everydown has taken a toll on his production. Someone needs to be brought in to compete with Kiesel for the RDE spot, and at the very least become a better backup than what we have on the roster. That could very well be one player, a 3-4DE (spelling Kiesel) that lines up at DT (spelling Hampton) in a 4-man pass-rushing line. I would prefer to see us draft two D-linemen, a DT and a DE.

I have the same reservations about Troy, but I'm anticipating a big, healthy year from him. Where's the crossing your fingers smiley?

This can, and I believe will, be fixed with the draft. This is the biggest area of need IMO. I firmly believe the O-line can play much better than last year with the position changes and addition of Hartwig. Big Ben is a playmaker and as long as we can stop the opposition we stand a chance to win every game. The biggest problem we have with stopping people is the rush from the big guys. We need to draft at least one D-lineman and, IMO, an OLB. The Giants proved that you can't have enough guys rotating in and out of your front seven.

Nate will do just fine, and I believe Baker could turn into a fine possession WR. The whole #4 and #5 WR thing is a little overrated, how often do we line up 4 and 5 wide. I'd worry more about Spaeth stepping up than any of the 'other' WRs.

The signing of Moore might be the writing on the wall for Dookie. I think Moore will be a much better option on 3rd down, and Russell will be the tough runner Dookie wasn't.

The process has already begun to improve the STs with the additions of Moore and Fox. That is also the reason I think we need to draft an OLB. Besides helping the pass rush, an OLB will help on STs. It's obvious the back-up LBs we have don't help STs, which doesn't say much for their in game potential. We also need to draft for the defensive backfield and replace some of the smurfs we have as back-ups. Russell was also a STs standout in pre-season, and then never dressed again until late in the year.

Our offense, although inconsistent, is capable of making plays at any time. The same cannot be said for the defense. That's why I say focus the draft on the weak areas of the defense. We need an improvement in the pass rush and depth; draft D-line and OLB/DE. We need help on STs and improved depth in the secondary; draft DBs and another late round STs LB.

I chose to hold my prediction until after the draft, let's talk on Monday.

wow nice post I agree with you about nate stepping up but blast has some good points

It is like the optimist vs the pessimist

Rhee Rhee
04-23-2008, 03:14 PM
i would be happy with 10-6 but more likely 9-7 with the way the schedule played out and Our O-line has seem to got almost worse rather than better.

sounds good... i don't see us beating the giants, patriots, jags, chargers, colts and i see us losing 1 divisional game to someone... i just have a hard time believing that we go undefeated (again) in the AFC north...

BlastFurnace
04-23-2008, 03:20 PM
wow nice post I agree with you about nate stepping up but blast has some good points

It is like the optimist vs the pessimist

My post is a bit pessimistic...and I really hate to be that way about our Steelers, but unfortunately, we have a lot of questions surrounding our roster right now.

It's like any other season, you cheer your team on and hope your weak spots don't bite them in the rear.

TackleMeBen
04-23-2008, 03:31 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o287/usernoid/fingers_crossed.gif

bizob2828
04-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I say 11-5, loses to Jags, Colts, Pats, Cowboys, and @Ratbirds

BlastFurnace
04-24-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with that one and say we're going to win. And just to rub it in, the score will be 19-0.

Since you're referring to the NE game, what makes you think that we can stop Brady at all. Our secondary, minus one game in 2004, has never stopped Brady. He knows our defense better than our own defensive coordinators...and please don't tell me it's because of video.

I see no evidence at all that we can take NE yet. If we have any hope of beating NE, we must pressure Brady relentlessly and the Steelers haven't done that with their pass rush against anyone since the 2005 playoff run.

ChronoCross
04-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I say 9-7 is good enough to win the division this coming season. So I will not be heartbroken with a 9-7 season when we win the division with the type of schedule we have and the rest of the division. I do not see any other team in the division winning 8 games. I factor in 9-7 to be realistic to count for some games with injuries and still worried how Tomlin prepairs the team for road games. Last year we were pretty beat up down the stretch heading into the playoffs so hopefully this time we can stay healthy.

FIX THE OLINE PLEASE and we go 11-5

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I say 1-0 after opening Day with a Big Win over the Texans.

I won't predict beyond Game 1. Although, I have circled the Dallas game because I am licking my chops for the chance to see my boys (yes my boys) destroy Romo.

stlrtruck
04-24-2008, 01:25 PM

I won't predict beyond Game 1. Although, I have circled the Dallas game because I am licking my chops for the chance to see my boys (yes my boys) destroy Romo.

I think you're becoming very possesive of this team and would greatly appreciate it if you shared with the rest of us! :tt03: :drink:

LVSteelersfan
04-26-2008, 03:43 PM
sounds good... i don't see us beating the giants, patriots, jags, chargers, colts and i see us losing 1 divisional game to someone... i just have a hard time believing that we go undefeated (again) in the AFC north...

I am going to think POSITIVE. We will win at least half of those games you have us losing. Giants will come off that Super Bowl win with big heads and they are ripe for the picking next year as they are the ones with the target on their back. I think Eli played way over his head at the end of the season and will return to his former inconsistent play. The Chargers are totally beatable playing in Pittsburgh. West Coast teams struggle coming east. And they were one of the most inconsistent teams out there last year. Jags might have our number but I think we will finally get them this year. Colts and Pats we are still behind unless we finally get our act together in the secondary. We can't compete with the high octane passing teams because of that. Our defense will still be good. If the O-line can protect Ben at all and get Willie to the outside, we will be better than some people want to give us credit for. I would be worried more about teams like the Texans and Titans. For some reason the Steelers tend to play like crap against inferior teams.

Dino 6 Rings
04-26-2008, 09:52 PM
LOTS OF POINTS AND A BIG WIN OPENING DAY! I DEMAND IT!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

(yes, I typed in call caps because I was truly shouting at my computer)

BettisFan
04-26-2008, 09:53 PM
16-0!! (ok mabye a little homer"ing" by me...) lol!!

43SteelCurtainRevolution
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Post-Draft Adjustment: I now predict 12-14 wins, with wins over the Jaguars, Giants, and Chargers. I still think we could lose a game at the end of the season, like to the Rats when we're resting our starters. But I would love to see us beat the Patsies and Colts. :) It can happen this year with our new weapons.

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
7-9

I know it sounds harsh, but they have a harsh schedule. But with the record, they could still win the division.

Considering who the North has to play this year, 10 wins could very well win the division. Maybe even 9.

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 07:04 PM

all we need to do is get jessica to come to the game and then romo will blow it..lol.. :wink02:

TheWarDen86
04-29-2008, 07:05 PM
7-9

:blah: "negative" :blah: "7-9" :blah: "negative" :blah: "everything sucks" :blah:

You are in need of some serious help Brother.

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 07:08 PM
:blah: "negative" :blah: "7-9" :blah: "negative" :blah: "everything sucks" :blah:

You are in need of some serious help Brother.
help him you will :wink02:(just for you)

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 07:11 PM

I think that guy is stalking me now. He must feel rejected after I told him I was putting him on my ignore list.

TheWarDen86
04-29-2008, 07:12 PM

Am I allowed to say retard? Because I believe him to be one.

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 07:13 PM
cant we all just get along?????

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 07:15 PM
I think that guy is stalking me now. He must feel rejected after I told him I was putting him on my ignore list.
jeremy, i love your avatar... its great. i live in detroit and i hate the lions.

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 07:15 PM

Not when I'm being stalked by a message board poster.

TheWarDen86
04-29-2008, 07:19 PM

I usually get along with everyone. It's these types that walk around with the black couds over their heads that I can't stand.

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Not when I'm being stalked by a message board poster.
ok, then. i still love that avatar... :thumbsup:

TheWarDen86
04-29-2008, 07:24 PM
ok, then. i still love that avatar... :thumbsup:

No offense TMB but the reason behind that avatar is what makes him a retard.

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 07:26 PM
No offense TMB but the reason behind that avatar is what makes him a retard.
everyone has their opinion.. but i like the avatar b/c i live in lions hell... and you know what they say about opinions.. they are like buttholes, everyone has one:wink02:

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 07:27 PM
everyone has their opinion.. but i like the avatar b/c i live in lions hell... and you know what they say about opinions.. they are like buttholes, everyone has one:wink02:

I think someone wasn't hugged enough as a child.

TheWarDen86
04-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I think someone wasn't hugged enough as a child.

And that someone has an avatar that looks like this:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/avatars/x_detroit.jpg

PisnNapalm
04-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I think 10 wins. Maybe... We've got a ridiculous schedule this year.