PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS - Jared Allen to Vikes

steelymcmatt
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
:tt02:Minnesota has worked out a trade with Kansas City for DE Jared Allen.....don't these people know they keep screwing up my draft board:tt02:

Chiefs will get Minnesota's 1st and two 3rd round picks. Allen has agreed to new contract, terms not announced.

MasterOfPuppets
04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
with KC having 2 ,1st rd picks, that pretty much guarantees there'll be no OL worth the 23 pick......

steelymcmatt
04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
with KC having 2 ,1st rd picks, that pretty much guarantees there'll be no OL worth the 23 pick......

I still think KC will select Brandon Albert at 5, but they are still going to need to replace Allen with their 17th pick....probably Merling there. The only thing that will throw a wrench in that is if Gholston is there at 5, but I think he'll be gone. If he is there, they probably pick him and then get Otah/Clady/Williams at 17. Either way, if the Jets or the Patriots REALLY want Gholston, they're going to have to trade up to at least 4, if not 3 to get him!

BettisFan
04-22-2008, 10:59 PM
look out for the vikings D-line this year jeez

MasterOfPuppets
04-22-2008, 11:14 PM
I still think KC will select Brandon Albert at 5, but they are still going to need to replace Allen with their 17th pick....probably Merling there. The only thing that will throw a wrench in that is if Gholston is there at 5, but I think he'll be gone. If he is there, they probably pick him and then get Otah/Clady/Williams at 17. Either way, if the Jets or the Patriots REALLY want Gholston, they're going to have to trade up to at least 4, if not 3 to get him!

2 chris long
3 glenn dorsey
4 darrin mcfadden
5 sedrick ellis
6 vernon gholston

17 brandon albert or jeff otah

steelymcmatt
04-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Per Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, Allen will get a six-year, $74 million deal, with $31 million in guaranteed money.

Preacher
04-23-2008, 02:20 AM
KC has two first round pics....

Will they take a first and a third... or a first and a fourth for our first? If the right guy is there... Say Otah (just saying), is it worth pulling the trigger to make that trade?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2008, 03:20 AM
KC has two first round pics....

Will they take a first and a third... or a first and a fourth for our first? If the right guy is there... Say Otah (just saying), is it worth pulling the trigger to make that trade?

I wouldnt be surprised if KC didnt trade up to Atlanta at #3, to get Matt Ryan...or grabbing Chris long with the first pick and an OT with the second......but I dont see us trading up at all.

Galax Steeler
04-23-2008, 04:23 AM
Is Jared Allen really tht good that he i worth a 17th pick and 74 million, with 30 garanteed. I really never watched him play much, but I have a hard time believing he is that good.

He is good but I don't think he is worth what they gave him.

lilyoder6
04-23-2008, 09:21 AM
at number 5 the cheifs will either draft chris long or vernon ghoslten to replace allen.. and at number 17 draft a o-lineman

revefsreleets
04-23-2008, 09:34 AM
I look at this another way. This contract isn't dramatically different than the contract Long signed, and the guaranteed money is almost identical. The difference is everyone now knows Allen can play, but who's to say that Long doesn't end up being another Tony Mandarich?

Elvis
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
:doh: The Chiefs are so stupid!!!

TackleMeBen
04-23-2008, 03:39 PM
this sucks for the lions..lol.