PDA

View Full Version : only ten minutes per selection!

rdsovchen
04-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey,
What do you steeler nation fans think?
Will the reduction in time limit, from 15 minutes to 10 minutes in the first two rounds, cause more teams to get a liitle more jumpy at accepting and offering trade deals?
A 33% cut in time is quite a bit, although much needed!
I can see the war rooms being a little more stressed out this year.

DACEB
04-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Last year took forever and a day, so the cut in time was needed.

I was wondering myself if anyone thought that trade talks start before draft day. Is it possible teams go into the draft with an agreement already in place for a trade. I know it sounds strange, because we don't know how things will play out.

steelymcmatt
04-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Last year took forever and a day, so the cut in time was needed.

I was wondering myself if anyone thought that trade talks start before draft day. Is it possible teams go into the draft with an agreement already in place for a trade. I know it sounds strange, because we don't know how things will play out.

I think that the framework for deals will be in place, but specific names will not be discussed.

DACEB
04-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I think that the framework for deals will be in place, but specific names will not be discussed.

Right, obviously no names, I keep thinking we already have a deal with Atl.

Rhee Rhee
04-23-2008, 03:17 PM
i always like the 15 minutes the espn guys used to talk about the steelers and our chances and for next year

faneca05
04-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I think the change was needed because last year seemed like it would never end. I also think it will cause the front office to examine players more closely so they know exactly who they want.

millwalldavey
04-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Took too long before...

Think the Fins will still take their 10 minutes.

BettisFan
04-23-2008, 05:46 PM
now i will be able to watch the draft with out falling asleep!

Galax Steeler
04-24-2008, 03:52 AM
I really like the new time 15 min just took to long.

Elvis
04-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Took too long before...

Think the Fins will still take their 10 minutes.
:hatsoff: You are probably right bud. I am just glad that they changed to 10 minutes and think that they really could have went to 7 minutes myself. Before the draft happens most teams in the league already have their players rated and know who they will chose if he is still there at their pick.