PDA

View Full Version : Walsh to visit with Goodell

lilyoder6
04-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Posted: 26 minutes ago
Commissioner to meet with Walsh on May 13
National Football League

The NFL released the following statement this morning:

An agreement has been completed between the NFL and Matt Walsh that will allow Mr. Walsh, a former videotape operator with the New England Patriots, to share with the NFL information about activities occurring during his employment with the club from 1997-2003.

Commissioner Goodell will meet with Mr. Walsh in the commissioner?s office on Tuesday, May 13, the earliest date that Mr. Walsh, who lives in Hawaii, will be available on the east coast.

The agreement also requires Mr. Walsh to return any tapes and other items in his possession that belong to the Patriots. In return, the NFL and the Patriots have promised not to sue Mr. Walsh. They also will indemnify him for any expenses, including legal fees that he incurs in connection with the interview.

Commissioner Goodell determined last September that the Patriots had violated league rules by videotaping opposing coaches' defensive signals during Patriots games throughout Bill Belichick?s tenure as head coach. Coach Belichick admitted to his use of the taping practice on a regular basis as a result of what he said was his misinterpretation of the rule. Commissioner Goodell imposed substantial discipline on Coach Belichick and the club as a result of that practice. The interview with Mr. Walsh will seek to determine whether he has any new information about that videotaping practice or other possible violations of league rules.

Following the meeting with Mr. Walsh on May 13, there will be a news media briefing later that day in New York that will be attended by Commissioner Goodell (specific time and location to be provided at a later date).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807ece2f&template=without-video&confirm=true

lilyoder6
04-23-2008, 12:30 PM
i like how he has to return all the tapes back to the nfl so he doesn't get sued... all we know, goddell wi;; have his fireplace going when walsh comes in and as soon as he gets the tapes, in they go to the fire..

fansince'76
04-23-2008, 12:37 PM
I won't be satisfied personally until an independent investigation is made. I don't trust Goodell, and this smells of another cover up to me.

stlrtruck
04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
It's a cover up because Goodell won't go out to Hawaii to meet with him before the draft.

Other than that, I hope Goodell invites Senator Spectre there too and let this issue get resolved and over with.

Then we can go back to letting the patriots* and their fans know exactly what we think about their 3 SBs :sign11:

verks36
04-23-2008, 01:06 PM
i like how he has to return all the tapes back to the nfl so he doesn't get sued... all we know, goddell wi;; have his fireplace going when walsh comes in and as soon as he gets the tapes, in they go to the fire..

This is complete bull shit he gives the tapes back WTF. We already know Goodell loves the pats and wants this thing to get over with and wont make it a bigger deal than it already. Specter better be in the room when this is all going down

MACH1
04-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Lets hope he made copies or those tapes will never see the light of day. Goodell stoking up the incinerator as we speak.

lilyoder6
04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
if i was walsh i would def make copies and keep the orignals.. b/c when walsh gives up those tapes.. HE HAS NOTHING anymore.. always have a back-up plan

Elvis
04-23-2008, 03:22 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah:

steelreserve
04-23-2008, 03:26 PM
if i was walsh i would def make copies and keep the orignals.. b/c when walsh gives up those tapes.. HE HAS NOTHING anymore.. always have a back-up plan

Well, yeah, I bet he's figured that out. But I bet the NFL also put something in the "agreement" that says if any copies of the tapes ever see the light of day, he gets sued up the ass. A multibillion-dollar corporation like the NFL is going to make absolutely sure that a guy like Walsh has NO LEVERAGE left.

Sadly, the threat of being so buried in debt by lawsuits that it would be easier to just kill yourself is usually enough to shut up the little guy, even if he's the one telling the truth.

Don't expect more to come out of this meeting than Goodell announcing he hasn't learned anything that warrants further punishment, and then "No comment" from Walsh and everyone else until it makes your ears hurt.

fansince'76
04-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Don't expect more to come out of this meeting than Goodell announcing he hasn't learned anything that warrants further punishment, and then "No comment" from Walsh and everyone else until it makes your ears hurt.

I certainly don't. Goodell is the proverbial fox guarding the proverbial henhouse here. He'll burn any evidence and then claim there was no evidence, just like he did in September. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about it already.

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
I won't be satisfied personally until an independent investigation is made. I don't trust Goodell, and this smells of another cover up to me.

Exactly, if this guy has videotapes, hopefully he makes copies.

jjpro11
04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
they specifically put in the agreement the ability for walsh to copy everything he hands over. so if there is anything, i dont think it will be kept secret. i just want this thing to get done already. i want to see and hear everything he has on the pats, whatever it may be. i dont care if he makes millions ratting them out, just do it already.

WALSH GETS ONGOING ACCESS TO HIS MATERIALS
Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2008, 1:27 p.m.

One of the first things we noticed (and, after reading the language seven times, began to understand) regarding the Matt Walsh agreement is that, after Walsh surrenders to the league whatever tangible evidence that he has in his possession, he?ll still have access to it.

Under paragraph 1(b) of the agreement, Walsh?s lawyer may keep one copy of each ?document? that is given to the league. Also, Walsh and his lawyer have the ability to inspect on request any ?tangible property? that is surrendered to the NFL.

In other words, the suspicion held by some that the league will harvest Walsh?s documents and/or videotapes and/or any other hard evidence only to destroy the materials is erroneous. Walsh will be able to keep a copy of certain things, and he will be able to retrieve and inspect certain other things that he turns over.

That?s all for this entry. I?ve already got a headache from trying to figure out the agreement. And I?m only in paragraph 1.

BettisFan
04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
this is great news lets hope they find more tape of them cheating! Screw the pats!

Galax Steeler
04-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Goodell sucks along with the patriots.

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2008, 10:05 AM
If there is tape of the Rams SB walkthrough, and it is made public, the entire NE franchise could be in jeopardy. That's "black sox" stuff right there.

Maybe the New Stadium in LA is for the future team after they disband the one in NE.

klick81
04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
PFFT. Yeeeah right. It's like the police policing itself. You'll never get a true investigation.

steelreserve
04-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Goodell sucks along with the patriots.

I think you have just managed to sum up the entire country's sentiments in six words.

Rhee Rhee
04-25-2008, 01:25 AM
It's a cover up because Goodell won't go out to Hawaii to meet with him before the draft.

goodell better watch his back if he does come out to hawaii...

im sick and tired fo him and this is basically too little to late for him to earn any forgivevness.... terrible, terrbile, terrible NFL comissioner

Galax Steeler
04-25-2008, 04:12 AM
I think you have just managed to sum up the entire country's sentiments in six words.

:drink: