PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Movie Releases

stlrtruck
04-23-2008, 03:13 PM
So for all the movie buffs out here...check out quicktime.com and reveal in the trailers of upcoming movies...

so far I've seen 2 that hold my attention

Mongol: The untold story of the rise of Genghis Kahn
Red Belt

The Duke
04-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Redbelt seems great, such an original story. hopefully it lives up to the hype

Mongol: The untold story of the rise of Genghis Kahn

maybe SteelerMongol can tell us something about this movie....

the only one I truly can't wait for right now is iron man. I'm hoping it's something like batman begins, most super hero movies end up sucking

vasteeler
04-24-2008, 11:52 AM
the one i realy want to see is the love guru i am a huge mike meyers fan

revefsreleets
04-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Indiana Jones.

stlrtruck
04-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I thought the trailer for Love Guru was hilarious.

GutterflowerSteel
04-24-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm all about SPEED RACER coming out next month - along with the Sex & The City movie,the new Indiana Jones and Prince Caspian (second Chronicles of Narnia). I usually wait for movies to come out on PPV or DVD - but I'll go to the theater for these movies :popcorn:

lilyoder6
04-24-2008, 01:49 PM
tom night harold and kumar!!!

stlrtruck
04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
War, Inc
Chaos Theory
Bangkok Dangerous

those three look good.

Borski
04-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Indiana Jones all the way, I doubt it will be as good as the original, but its still Indiana Jones so I can't wait.

revefsreleets
04-25-2008, 09:11 AM
tom night harold and kumar!!!

I'm ashamed to admit I'm looking forward to this flick, too.

Hammer67
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I can't wait for Indy 4. THose are my favorite films...I am real excited for it..

lilyoder6
04-25-2008, 04:58 PM
the 4th mummy movie..

BettisFan
04-25-2008, 05:51 PM
forgetting sarah marshall was so funny!

SteelersMongol
04-26-2008, 06:10 AM

maybe SteelerMongol can tell us something about this movie....

I'll comment on the movie "Mongol" only since I've seen the movie. :wink02:

I hated the movie. It didn't get any support here in Mongolia cuz Sergei Bodrov, the director guy, said straight out that Genghis, (it's actually Chinghis, but whatever makes you guys feel comfortable!), was captured by the Chinese & lived as prisoner for 10 years & he was gonna show it in his movie.
Mongols took as an insult on the whole Mongol nation. Remember, Genghis is the George Washington/Abe Lincoln of Mongolia! This "prisoner for 10 years" part of Genghis's life is highly disputed one among the historians, & most Mongols, including almost all Mongolian academics, disagree with it. As 4 me, I think he might've been prisoner, cuz I've read like a whole lot of books on Genghis, & some of the most respected historians said so. :old:

But I tell you y I hated the movie. 1st, It shows as if Genghis's 2 older kids (Bodrov only shows 2 in the movie) were bastards. & I can tell u, u can count on me on this one. All 4 kids, who later divided the empire up, were Genghis'! :banging:

2nd, it didn't show much of the nomadic warriors' armors & etc. like the way it was. Typical Russian description of the Mongols as if they were bunch of nothing-but-fur-wearing, half-barbarian, hairy mo-fos! :mad: I mean if u'r gonna make historical movie make it the way it was. Don't change it, twist it, mispresent it!

U can still watch it, & ask me any questions if u get any after the movie. I'd love 2 help any way I can. This is something that I actually know more about than my Steelers' history. :blush: By the way u can go 2 www.amazon.com & read my recommendation on history books on Mongols history from http://www.amazon.com/Wanna-nbsp-know-nbsp-what-s-nbsp-all-nbsp-this-nbsp-fuss-nbsp-is-nbsp-about-nbsp-those-nbsp-Mongols%3F/lm/69K59GGITL6H/ref=cm_srch_res_rpli_alt_1

If you look at it & thought it was helpful u could do me a little favor by clicking on the HELPFUL button. :thumbsup:

SteelersMongol
04-26-2008, 06:21 AM
As 4 me I'm waiting 4

Rambo,
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian,
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,
The Dark Knight,
The Incredible Hulk,
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor,
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa,
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. :popcorn:

And Star Wars: The Clone Wars might b something good, 2. :thumbsup: