PDA

View Full Version : 5 dead as van carrying mentally disabled crashes in Pa.

SteelersMongol
04-24-2008, 09:38 PM
5 dead as van carrying mentally disabled crashes in Pa.

EIGHTY-FOUR, Pa. (AP) - A tractor-trailer slammed into a van carrying mentally disabled people on a trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo, flipping it onto its side, crushing it against a building and killing five people.

Witnesses told investigators the van stopped at an intersection and then pulled right in front of the semi on a rural highway. Crews worked for several hours Thursday to remove all the bodies from the van. Seven people were injured.

The accident happened about 9:45 a.m. in Somerset Township, about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh, minutes after the van had left a group home in Bentleyville.

"I just think it's one of those terrible, sad freak accidents," said Lynne Loresch, executive director of the Mental Health Association of Washington County, the group home operator.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080424/D908H8Q81.html

Just read the news about the terrible accident. I just want to say I'm so sorry to hear something like this happens near da Burgh. My prayers.

BettisFan
04-24-2008, 10:14 PM
this is one of those stories i dont really want to hear about, its just sad.

Polamalu Princess
04-24-2008, 10:25 PM
This accident happened a few miles from our home and it is so upsetting to so many in our area. This is indeed a loss of so many innocent people. All we can do is pray for those that are wounded and the families of those that were lost today. It is very sad.

Please hold your loved ones tonight just a little closer and a little longer. Please make sure to tell them that you love them.

May God be with all.

Preacher
04-24-2008, 10:29 PM
I did a little work with DD people.

The confusion and fear that may have been felt is truly frightening to comprehend.

Even more so, are those who were caring for them, if they survived. What they would have had to go through with their own processing... only AFTER calming down the other DD clients which may have taken hours.

Wow. Be praying for all of them.

HometownGal
04-25-2008, 07:53 AM
I heard this on the news last night and was so saddened to hear of this tragic accident and that 5 people lost their lives. May God bless everyone involved - the deceased, the injured, the families and the community.