PDA

View Full Version : Boren disliked Rodriguez, transferring to Columbus

Jeremy
04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8064634/Boren-disliked-Rodriguez,-transferring-to-Columbus

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The Ohio State-Michigan rivalry is about to get even more interesting, now that former Wolverines player Justin Boren has decided to join the Buckeyes.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel says Boren plans to put on the scarlet and gray after sitting out the 2008 season as required by NCAA transfer rules.

The sophomore offensive lineman left the Michigan program last month, saying its "family values have eroded" under new coach Rich Rodriguez.

In a statement released through Tressel, Boren says he's looking forward to helping the Buckeyes continue their excellence. Boren went to high school in the Columbus suburb of Pickerington.

Boren would have been the most experienced of Michigan's returning linemen. He started 14 games and played in 18 during his career. His father, Mike, played linebacker at Michigan.

Mike Boren had said his son had been contacted by about 50 schools after announcing he was leaving Michigan.

TackleMeBen
04-25-2008, 09:58 AM
i have one thing to say to Boren :
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/150_Pirate_web_pics_door_arse.jpg

Jeremy
04-25-2008, 10:01 AM
I can't blame the kid. Maybe he woke up one day and he wanted to win conference championships and have a chance at winning national titles. Maybe he saw the mass defections of draft worthy juniors from Michigan the day after Hillbilly was named head coach. Maybe he just got tired of being second best.

Whatever the reason, the reaction of Michigan fans tells the real story.

Dino 6 Rings
04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Word out of Colubus is that Boren won't be on scholarship and that his Michigan graduate Father will be paying his tuition at Ohio State.

Talk about a kick in the sack.

Jeremy
04-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Word out of Colubus is that Boren won't be on scholarship and that his Michigan graduate Father will be paying his tuition at Ohio State.

Better to play to pay for Ohio State than to play for Michigan.

TackleMeBen
04-27-2008, 01:45 PM

if i were his father i wouldnt be paying his education at OSU.. i would tell him to do it on his own..lol...

Dino 6 Rings
04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh man...when it rains it pours...

"According to a source close to the situation, previous Michigan coach Lloyd Carr worked behind the scenes to help offensive lineman Justin Boren obtain his scholarship release from Michigan. Carr even assured Boren that Ohio State is the closest thing to Michigan that he would find and that there are "good people" in Columbus."

Carr has responded calling it a "lie"

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080427/SPORTS06/304270006/1054

But still, rumors of your old coach, helping your biggest Rival get players off your team...not good.

SteelCityMan786
04-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Get them out of there Lloyd. The sooner we can beat the cesspool of the west, the better.

TackleMeBen
04-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Get them out of there Lloyd. The sooner we can beat the cesspool of the west, the better.
Steelman, you be nice to my wolverines..lol..:flap:

revefsreleets
04-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Man, I look forward to the beatdown in Columbus this year...only 209 days to go!

Steeler in Carolina
04-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Michigan got the man they wanted in Scum Bag Rodriguez.

millwalldavey
04-29-2008, 06:19 PM

LOL.... cesspool. The all time winningest program a cesspool?

MAYBE... Penn State will beat them........ someday. They better tighten thier chinstraps because this is the best shot theyre ever gonna have.

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL.... cesspool. The all time winningest program a cesspool?

MAYBE... Penn State will beat them........ someday. They better tighten thier chinstraps because this is the best shot theyre ever gonna have.

Oh I doubt that. In three years when Michigan is on probation they'll have some pretty good chances.

millwalldavey
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm liking RRod less and less and less.

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm liking RRod less and less and less.

What's shocking is that anyone liked him at all.

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
west va wasnt ever on probation were they?

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
west va wasnt ever on probation were they?

West Virginia never had the kind of money to spread around like Michigan has.

Don't worry, I'm sure old Rod will be banned from a couple of Detroit high schools pretty soon just like he was banned from Johnstown and Pittsburgh high schools when he was at WVU.

MasterOfPuppets
06-17-2008, 02:45 PM
i have one thing to say to Boren :
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/150_Pirate_web_pics_door_arse.jpgyou'll be saying the same thing about R Rod after the next 3 loosing seasons and he's fired. i'm not saying that as a hater, but when all your linemen have less than 14 starts under thier belts, your in rebuild mode. loosing seasons = loosing recruits....its the snowball effect..

millwalldavey
06-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I was always a Wolverine DieHard... Those Panthers are looking better and better to me these days. I wasn't excited about this guy at all and I'm liking him less and less.

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I was always a Wolverine DieHard... Those Panthers are looking better and better to me these days. I wasn't excited about this guy at all and I'm liking him less and less.

You might want to pick up Pitt. They appear to be a team who will at least improve enough to at least make a bowl game. :sofunny: Michigan might slip and slide for a little bit.

Dino 6 Rings
06-18-2008, 09:33 AM
You might want to pick up Pitt. They appear to be a team who will at least improve enough to at least make a bowl game. :sofunny: Michigan might slip and slide for a little bit.

A BCS Bowl game if things go the way they should this season. How about PSU? Any BCS Games in their future? Who's your qb again? who's your RB again?

guess it doesn't matter with Coach Joe PoopPants. Good luck with Coastal Carolina.

millwalldavey
06-18-2008, 09:56 AM

Personally, I dont care of Michigan went 0-11 with a guy like Lloyd Carr. I'm just having a problem with this guy and he's gonna be hard to root for. I talked to a guy from out west @ the Big 33 game and he confirmed that RR is not welcome at many Pittsburgh area high schools.

I'm sure I'll be running my mouth when they beat PSU again this year when they have probably no right to.

I'v always liked Pitt... they could be somewhere between my number 2 and a 1A. I'm having this strange desire to complete a conversion to exclusively Pittsburgh teams.

SteelCityMan786
06-18-2008, 10:22 AM
A BCS Bowl game if things go the way they should this season. How about PSU? Any BCS Games in their future? Who's your qb again? who's your RB again?

guess it doesn't matter with Coach Joe PoopPants. Good luck with Coastal Carolina.

BCS? Maybe
QB? Unless something happens, most likely Darryl Clark
RB? Evan "Rolls-Royce" Royster with Stephon Green waiting. Get to know that name(Green). He's going to win a Heisman. Not this year, but down the line.

As for Pitt

BCS this year? Hell No
QB? If they can keep people healthy and WVU falls off dramatically
RB? McCoy will have to carry a good portion of the load if they're going to have a chance

SteelCityMan786
06-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Personally, I dont care of Michigan went 0-11 with a guy like Lloyd Carr. I'm just having a problem with this guy and he's gonna be hard to root for. I talked to a guy from out west @ the Big 33 game and he confirmed that RR is not welcome at many Pittsburgh area high schools.

I'm sure I'll be running my mouth when they beat PSU again this year when they have probably no right to.

I'v always liked Pitt... they could be somewhere between my number 2 and a 1A. I'm having this strange desire to complete a conversion to exclusively Pittsburgh teams.

I have only been exclusive to Pittsburgh in the pro sports leagues they have teams in. Though a good portion of Penn State's alumni lives in Allegheny County.

millwalldavey
06-18-2008, 10:52 AM
I have only been exclusive to Pittsburgh in the pro sports leagues they have teams in. Though a good portion of Penn State's alumni lives in Allegheny County.

I was never a baseball fan... I fluctuated from the Pirates to the O's to the Cardinals... Hockey, I loved Brett Hull and his dad so I was a Blues fan when I started watching.

My dad was always a PSU fan so when I was little I liked them. I loved Marino so started a fascination with Pitt... But when I was 8 and saw those winged helmets I was sold!

xfl2001fan
07-15-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm an OSU fan first, but my #2 team is WVU. I can tell you that Coach Rod is a very gifted coach. He's also a pretty good recruiter too. He will bring in the talent needed to run his style of offense in short time. When he first came to WVU, they struggled quite a bit too. If JoePa or Lloyd Carr were to go to OSU or PSU, they wouldn't have to find a whole new set of player to run their styles of offense. It would be a matter of tweaking the teaching. Coach Rod isn't tweaking, he's revamping.

I can say this. Even if he never plays a down for OSU, I'm glad they got Terrelle Pryor and not Michigan. He's a perfect fit for Coach Rod's offense. PSU fans should be glad he's anywhere but at Michigan too.

SteelCityMan786
07-15-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm an OSU fan first, but my #2 team is WVU. I can tell you that Coach Rod is a very gifted coach. He's also a pretty good recruiter too. He will bring in the talent needed to run his style of offense in short time. When he first came to WVU, they struggled quite a bit too. If JoePa or Lloyd Carr were to go to OSU or PSU, they wouldn't have to find a whole new set of player to run their styles of offense. It would be a matter of tweaking the teaching. Coach Rod isn't tweaking, he's revamping.

I can say this. Even if he never plays a down for OSU, I'm glad they got Terrelle Pryor and not Michigan. He's a perfect fit for Coach Rod's offense. PSU fans should be glad he's anywhere but at Michigan too.

We still have 2 mobile QB's fortunately on the roster this year. and right now we're in the running for a QB from California. However with JayPa running the QB Show I wonder how things will go.