PDA

View Full Version : Saints close to getting Shockey from Giants

Jeremy
04-26-2008, 11:52 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8074688/Saints-close-to-getting-Shockey-from-Giants

The New Orleans Saints are trying to land tight end Jeremy Shockey and have offered what could be enough to get the deal done.

FOXSports.com has learned that New Orleans early this week offered the Giants a second-round pick in today's draft as well as either a sixth-rounder this year or a fifth in 2009 to get the deal sealed. Despite reports to the contrary, the deal has been on the table for quite some time and remains available today.

The Giants wanted a second-rounder as well as safety Roman Harper but the Saints were reluctant to make that move.

Shockey has told several friends he wanted to join Drew Brees and Co. and was hoping the deal got done by the time the draft began.

Elvis
04-26-2008, 12:15 PM
:doh: that would be a great pickup for the Saints no doubt!

verks36
04-26-2008, 12:25 PM
ya i think that would be a good trade for both teams. The giants need to get rid of shockey because there is no way they can keep him now

Galax Steeler
04-27-2008, 05:11 AM
Wonder why that trade didn't happen during the draft they talked about it but it never went threw.

TackleMeBen
04-27-2008, 09:47 AM
its funny that when shockey played manning sucked, but when he got hurt and boss took over manning was pretty good.... i think shockey maybe like CJ in cincy, a cancer for the team.

rbryan
04-27-2008, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't want Shockey either, they tried to trade him but there were no takers at what they were asking.

Maybe he and Chad both should just retire and do movies, reality tv etc...

Jeremy
04-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Miami Hurricane punk cancer. That's all he is and all he's ever going to be.

fansince'76
04-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Shockey's very talented, but he's also a head case. The risk outweighs the potential reward with that one, IMO.