PDA

View Full Version : Now that Long and Long are long gone....

tony hipchest
04-26-2008, 01:13 PM
falcons take dorsey
raiders take gholston
pats swap positions with the ravens (who select m. ryan) and then trade again, getting out of the #8 spot (possibly trading with the saints so they can take ellis).

chiefs stay where they are and take clady at #5 and best cb available at #17.

jets take mcfadden

bungles are spurned losing out on ellis and take rivers.

pats get 2 extra picks for moving down twice and still get the #1 cb at a significantly reduced price from #7 (mckelvin).

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2008, 01:55 PM
The Falcons will take Matt Ryan and the Raiders will take McFadden.....Which the Chiefs will be interested in drafting Glenn Dorsey or they might still trade down for more picks...

tony hipchest
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM
The Falcons will take Matt Ryan and the Raiders will take McFadden.....

thats what i keep hearing. i think dorsey + flacco or brohm would be better value for the 1st 2 falcon picks vs. ryan + anyone they get with their 2nd.

everyone assumes davis will go for a senile move to make a splash and take mcfadden. they got last years jonothan stewart (m. bush) who i still think might be 1 of the leagues best kept secret.

however neither of these teams have proven to be the smartest at drafting.

Atlanta Dan
04-26-2008, 03:20 PM
And Matt Ryan it is!

He will be thrown to the wolves with no supporting cast

Falcons supposedly wanted Dorsey - I see Blank having some voice in this to put someone new as the face of the team

Ryan may be the next big thing, but I have my doubts

"I'm just proud to be a Falcon ( meaning I'm just proud to be slotted for salary & bonus as the #3 pick!)"

I.C. Lights
04-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey all, long time no post!

I admit I haven't been paying attention too much this year, but I do remember that the patriots were supposed to be penalized for cheating with the loss of a first round draft pick. What gives?

silver & black
04-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Well, I guess all the "McFaddenettes" got their wish. I can't believe we took him over Dorsey... bad move. :banging:

Hypocycloid
04-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Looking at Walter Footall's draft database,

I had to go way down on the list to find a mock draft that had the same first 5 picks and it is Sports Overload's Mock draft.

They have us taking S Tyrell Johnson, Arkansas State

Update, they are right on the first six picks now.

I don't think I like their selection for us if their prognostication continues to be correct.

:tt03:

tony hipchest
04-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey all, long time no post!

I admit I haven't been paying attention too much this year, but I do remember that the patriots were supposed to be penalized for cheating with the loss of a first round draft pick. What gives?hey i.c.

they had 2 1st rounders and only lost 1 of them.

silver & black- i feel your pain. davis made the senile pick. you think hed make a senile move and trade m. bush for the steelers 4th round pick? thats a steal compared to what they gave up for the patriots 4th last year :noidea:

Hypocycloid
04-26-2008, 03:52 PM
The Football Wire also has the first six picks correct. They have us taking Jeff Otah. There are a ton of mock drafts and it is amazing that there are so few who have the first 5 picks correct.

Hypocycloid
04-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Correction, they have us taking Brandon Albert

silver & black
04-26-2008, 04:00 PM
hey i.c.

they had 2 1st rounders and only lost 1 of them.

silver & black- i feel your pain. davis made the senile pick. you think hed make a senile move and trade m. bush for the steelers 4th round pick? thats a steal compared to what they gave up for the patriots 4th last year :noidea:

Bush isn't going anywhere! I have a gut feeling he is going to light it up this year... which is why I didn't want chicken legs DMC. Dorsey would have helped a lot with the run D... oh well... Go Dmac!

steelymcmatt
04-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Methinks this is looking better and better that we're going to get Albert/Clady/Otah/Williams.....Also makes it looks less likely we're getting a top defensive end

Hypocycloid
04-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree that it looks good for the OT's

Only 2 of 194 mock drafts had the first 6 picks correct. Crazy given one was a gimme.

Hypocycloid
04-26-2008, 04:09 PM
The Bungles are dumb! I would have unloaded that cancer Johnson for more picks and used at least one of them to move up and get Ellis.

steelymcmatt
04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Patricheats took Mayo....highest I saw him going was late 1st! A reach?

tony hipchest
04-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Methinks this is looking better and better that we're going to get Albert/Clady/Otah/Williams.....Also makes it looks less likely we're getting a top defensive end it looks good. i think we were flexible in that if theres an offensive run we will go defense and if theres a defensive run we go offense.

tony hipchest
04-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Patricheats took Mayo....highest I saw him going was late 1st! A reach?immediately it looks like a reach, but i bet through time he will prove to be one hell of a top 10 pick.

they probably feel like they got the best linebacker in the draft who can play all 3 positions.