PDA

View Full Version : T.O.'s next stop...

BB2W
11-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Considering what teams could use a WR, or superstar to put them over the hump. What coach/team would be the best fit for T.O.?

pitt
11-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Well since Fischer and Billick will let anyone on their teams, he'll probably end up with one of them. I don't care how talented he is he seriously damaged his worth with his stupidity.

Suitanim
11-08-2005, 09:23 AM
I think the best fit would be playing for the Graterford Maximum Security prison team...

BB2W
11-08-2005, 09:29 AM
I think the best fit would be playing for the Graterford Maximum Security prison team...
:grin: Yeah, the truth is it will never work with T.O., but it's fun to pretend. I chose Herm Edwards, just because I feel like Owens would have some degree of respect for him. The real truth is Herm may not be in New York next year, and probabaly wouldn't take T.O. anyway.

tony hipchest
11-08-2005, 09:30 AM
if shanahan would try m. clarett i see no reason why hed pass on owens. unless of course owens thinks j. plummers beard is gay. "if it looks like a duck...."

Suitanim
11-08-2005, 09:53 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5056788

tony hipchest
11-08-2005, 10:10 AM
look for owens to lobby to play with m. vick and alot of fans to think this is a natural fit for him. but what happens the 1st time vick scrambles and owens defender leaves him to make a play for vick? owens will cry if vick runs. owens will always be open every time vick moves and he will surely let his new team know it. j. mora is probably to smart to let t.o. come in and tell vick when to run and pass. vick already cant stand the media all over him let alone his #1 target. while it looks like a perfect solution for their passing game on the surface, it would be a match made in hell.

bengalsfan21
11-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Gruden didn't put up with Keyshawn, you can count on TO not going to him.

tony hipchest
11-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Gruden didn't put up with Keyshawn, you can count on TO not going to him. very true. bucs arent even an option. i would like to see him in seattle. sure he'll bitch and whine there and feel sorry for himself every time s. alexander scores but thats gonna happen no matter what team he goes to. he would make that offense a powerhouse.

clevestinks
11-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Cant see him going back to the ratbirds, he burned those bridges

BB2W
11-08-2005, 03:20 PM
I was listening to ESPN radio, and Dan Patrick said after talking to Mortensen and some of the other NFL guys... They think he might end up in Seattle or Denver.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2005, 04:13 PM
look for owens to lobby to play with m. vick and alot of fans to think this is a natural fit for him. but what happens the 1st time vick scrambles and owens defender leaves him to make a play for vick? owens will cry if vick runs. owens will always be open every time vick moves and he will surely let his new team know it. j. mora is probably to smart to let t.o. come in and tell vick when to run and pass. vick already cant stand the media all over him let alone his #1 target. while it looks like a perfect solution for their passing game on the surface, it would be a match made in hell.

:iagree:

no doubt u gotta think the falcons will be a top choice.

Also if the dolphins get themselves a decent QB, I'd look for him to check out Saban and company there as well.

BB2W
11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
The Falcons turned him down last year. They told Drew Rosenhaus no multiple times, and told him to stop calling... and that was before all of the recent drama. From what I have heard, they want no part of T.O.

I think Mora was a coach at San Fran when Owens was there. He has probabaly seen what a cancer he is first hand.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Any team in the CFL. I'm sick and tired of listening to, and hearing about this bitch!

tony hipchest
11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
The Falcons turned him down last year. They told Drew Rosenhaus no multiple times, and told him to stop calling... and that was before all of the recent drama. From what I have heard, they want no part of T.O.

I think Mora was a coach at San Fran when Owens was there. He has probabaly seen what a cancer he is first hand.

exactly. mora dont want to tarnish his career or vicks progression. they feel they are right there without t.o.

however with seattle and denver, both coaches have sb rings and experience. both could make t.o. the #1 receiving option with 2 excellent running games to support it. both coaches have the ego to think they can fix t.o. and turn him around. they probably feel t.o. can make a turn around like k. johnson with b. parcells. plus both coaches have been rumored to be on the hotseat the past few years. as well as theyre both doing this year they could use t.o. as the missing part to put them over the hump for next season if they fail in the playoffs. ownership would eat that shit up. so would the fans eventually.

SteelCityMan786
11-08-2005, 06:08 PM
He'll go to Rejecttown USA. AKA:OAKLAND!

bengalsfan21
11-08-2005, 06:25 PM
He'll go to Rejecttown USA. AKA:OAKLAND!

If he goes to Oakland that offense will be bad (in a great way)........But that is a fantasy there is not enough balls to go around for him and Moss, it would be trouble in training camp.

hinesfield
11-08-2005, 09:44 PM
If he goes to Oakland that offense will be bad (in a great way)........But that is a fantasy there is not enough balls to go around for him and Moss, it would be trouble in training camp.

The Raiders would have to make some serious cuts to afford those two, but the worst part would be the every-going egos going at it every week over who should have the ball more and having all non-raider fans be forced to watch that garbage news all over TV the entire season.

clevestinks
11-09-2005, 08:40 AM
There are not enough passes to go around for Owens and Moss. The Raiders may be the only team in the NFL that Owens would be the second reciever

hardwork
11-09-2005, 09:56 AM
"The Raiders would have to make some serious cuts to afford those two,"

You'd think so, but he has become less and less valuble. How could you pay this guy big money if he can't even finish a season with a team?

clevestinks
11-09-2005, 12:01 PM
I would love every team to get together and ban this guy. I know it won`t happen. But it would be great. I wouldn`t be one bit surprised if the NFLPA doesn`t step in and try and make Philly cut him loose at the end of the suspension.

Owens seemed sincere yesterday, although I think it was a front, but wait and see how him and Drew rip the Eagles and McNabb after they don`t let him come back