PDA

View Full Version : Groves to Jags

millwalldavey
04-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Anyone feel that the Jags got wind that we were going to draft Groves and traded up to skunk us?

If not... Sweed would have been Groves methings... anyone?

faneca05
04-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I was really pissed off when this happened.

Edman
04-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Jacksonville just swooped in and robbed us. Big time. That's all that needs to be said. We had Groves fall right into out lap, and the Jagoffs snatched him, so we had to fall back on Sweed. That trade isn't made, we would be picking out a number for Groves instead of Sweed.

I hope there's another D-Lineman out there as good as him. Groves would've done wonders for the Steelers. It's a blasted shame.

I was very disappointed. I think Jacksonville likes screwing us over on purpose.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-26-2008, 10:00 PM
I think we will be happy with aweed

Preacher
04-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Jacksonville just swooped in and robbed us. Big time. That's all that needs to be said. We had Groves fall right into out lap, and the Jagoffs snatched him, so we had to fall back on Sweed. That trade isn't made, we would be picking out a number for Groves instead of Sweed.

I hope there's another D-Lineman out there as good as him. Groves would've done wonders for the Steelers. It's a blasted shame.

I was very disappointed. I think Jacksonville likes screwing us over on purpose.

No. I think Jax wants to win a superbowl, and thought that they found a team they could trade with... because they didn't think their player would fall to them.

tony hipchest
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
the jaguars are notorius for leaning on the steelers scouting department and drafting players we covet with early picks-

r. mathis
m. stroud
m. jones
q. groves

Haiku_Dirtt
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM
the jaguars are notorius for leaning on the steelers scouting department and drafting players we covet with early picks-

r. mathis
m. stroud
m. jones
q. groves

If you want to succeed copy greatness. Jack Del Rio has made this no secret. Play Steeler football and success will come.

SInce we're going 8-8 and drafting hopefully in the ten-spot next draft there is no coach I'd rather see spank the rest of the AFC this season. Wait do we have to play them this year?

Maurice Jones-Drew showed the Jags what a rookie can do. Rashard at least gives some potential 'outs'.

Elvis
04-27-2008, 06:38 AM
I was really pissed off when this happened.
:doh: Oh... they surely did this on purpose. And I felt the same way faneca... Right now, I just cant stand the site or thought of the Jaguars...:poop:

Texasteel
04-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm not for sure and poitive that the Steelers past on Sweed even if Groves was still there.

lilyoder6
04-27-2008, 08:37 AM
r. mathis
m. stroud
m. jones
q. groves
that is a nice line but they did trade up to get harvey...
so basically trading all there picks away 4 2 de's means that they need pass rushers and they will get a lot of time on d

millwalldavey
04-27-2008, 09:36 AM
They are molded after us in more ways thatn one!

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Good for the Jags. Something about Groves worries me...he put up better combine numbers than playing stats, so I would think that he is more of a workout god than a player.

His injuries also concerned me. The Jags no doubt new we were considering him and jumped up just in case. Now I hope they got the damaged goods.

Galax Steeler
05-01-2008, 04:04 AM
They better hope they got what they wanted for what they had to give up to move up in the draft.

Rhee Rhee
05-04-2008, 12:36 AM
:doh: Oh... they surely did this on purpose. And I felt the same way faneca... Right now, I just cant stand the site or thought of the Jaguars...:poop:

amen..

i still feel that way... yet i can't complain too much about sweed. but still... i hate the jags.

St33lersguy
05-04-2008, 08:29 AM
I heard from Ed Bouchette's Q/A on Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the Steelers were going to pass on Groves if he was available. Sweed still would have been the Steelers' 2nd round pick whether Groves was available or not. The Jags really didn't rob the Steelers.

Rhee Rhee
05-12-2008, 03:30 AM
I heard from Ed Bouchette's Q/A on Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the Steelers were going to pass on Groves if he was available. Sweed still would have been the Steelers' 2nd round pick whether Groves was available or not. The Jags really didn't rob the Steelers.

i still have a hard time believing that with all the pre-draft hoopla about him wanting to be drafted by the steelers..