PDA

View Full Version : Just want to let everyone know

BettisFan
04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
THIS IS OUR NEW RUNNING BACK!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O7OiYXlBEZU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O7OiYXlBEZU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Haha What a great year we are in store for! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

BettisFan
04-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh AND THIS OUR NEW STAR WIDE OUT!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4AHAhZsrEL4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4AHAhZsrEL4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Mendenhall falls foward everytime he is tackled
Sweed makes great catches and always attacks the ball at the highest point.

They both look great.......They are both steals.......

tunes4life
04-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Ya, I think it will prove to be one of our best drafts if we get a couple good lineman tomorrow. I still wouldn't mind a new corner either. I really can't believe either of those boys fell to us. They are actually drafting for value. They must think very highly of the remaining DL and OL to take two offensive weapons on day 1. Wow, if the oline can hold some people off Ben this year we are going to have a scary O.

PS awesome vids. :tt02:

Steelman16
04-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Nice vids.

First impression of Mendenhall...not trying to be negative here, but did you see that sweet blocking he had? Seriously, that was some solid O-line work. I think the "What-If?" for me is what if our line is really crappy next year... (I hope that's not the case) ...Will Mendenhall be able to make-do like Willie did?

That's my only question really, which will only be answered starting in September.

And Sweed....that was an absolute beauty of a catch at 0:50 seconds. He doesn't seem to have much run-after-the-catch ability, but he's big and he can catch. I guess that's what's Hines is for...making yards outta nothing. Sweed is a serious upgrade over Washington, so I'm excited. He's gonna look fantastic in Black and Gold.

polamalu82
04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Rashard looks good in black n gold.

http://io2.steelers.com/MediaContent/2008/04/26/15/Mendenhall_88599.jpg

BettisFan
04-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Nice vids.

First impression of Mendenhall...not trying to be negative here, but did you see that sweet blocking he had? Seriously, that was some solid O-line work. I think the "What-If?" for me is what if our line is really crappy next year... (I hope that's not the case) ...Will Mendenhall be able to make-do like Willie did?

That's my only question really, which will only be answered starting in September.

And Sweed....that was an absolute beauty of a catch at 0:50 seconds. He doesn't seem to have much run-after-the-catch ability, but he's big and he can catch. I guess that's what's Hines is for...making yards outta nothing. Sweed is a serious upgrade over Washington, so I'm excited. He's gonna look fantastic in Black and Gold.

I am looking for our line to step it up and with (hopefully) us drafting some Lineman Gems in the draft we will be better than last year.

BettisFan
04-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Rashard looks good in black n gold.

http://io2.steelers.com/MediaContent/2008/04/26/15/Mendenhall_88599.jpg

wow dude where did u get that?

BettisFan
04-26-2008, 10:34 PM
on ESPN 2 They just said we had the best draft!!

polamalu82
04-26-2008, 10:44 PM
wow dude where did u get that?

The Steelers official site.:thumbsup:

polamalu82
04-26-2008, 10:46 PM
RASHARD MENDENHALL CONFERENCE CALL

Running Back - University of Illinois

1st Round – 23rd Overall

Rashard Mendenhall:

How excited were you to go to one of the teams that is always one of the top running teams?

It felt good to be picked by the Steelers, the black and gold. It’s a great fan base and I feel good about playing there.

How tough was the wait after expecting to go much earlier?

It was tough, I’m not going to lie. I thought that I was going to be the one who was going to come into the draft and not be nervous at all. As it started rolling the sweat started rolling as well. I feel good about it right now.

What do you know about Pittsburgh and what are your thoughts about the team?

In general I feel real good about it. Throughout this whole process I didn’t have any idea that I was going to end up with the Steelers. I always thought that there might be a chance with them being a tough, smash-mouth football team; a real good team. I always felt good about them but I didn’t think that I would end up there.

Where did you see yourself going?

That is the thing about the draft that you do not where a lot of the focus really is going to go because teams aren’t really going to show what they are going to do. From what I heard and from everything that I was getting there was a lot of Chicago and Detroit and a lot of other teams, but Pittsburgh wasn’t one of them. It was kind of out of nowhere but that was a good surprise.

This team has a Pro Bowl running back. Why do you think they drafted you?

In this league you need more than one running back. You need to have a couple of running backs that can get the job done. They are a good team and they have a lot of firepower in their offense as well. I think at running back it is a little bit of an added weapon.

What style do you most resemble?

A lot of people don’t make this comparison but I would say L.T. (LaDainian Tomlinson). You look at his decision making and his footwork and his agility, he is a real balanced runner. He can catch the ball and he can run you over as well, so I can make the comparison to L.T.

Do you see yourself filling the Marion Barber role here?

Yeah although you never really know until you get there and understand the offense little by little. As of right now I couldn’t really foresee that.

As a running back would you be more of a complete back with speed and power?

Yeah definitely, more people see me as a power back. I see me as more speed and mobility, with the ability to be a pass receiver.

Rashard being that this was a surprise to you are you going to go out tomorrow and have a run on Terrible Towels?

I have the Terrible Towel on my shoulder right now. That was the first thing that came on after the hat.

Rashard real quick tell us about your work ethic? And what you can bring to the Steelers.

I feel that the Steelers made a great pick. They got a quality player a guy that is going to do his job and be productive.

What did Ron Zook tell you about Pittsburgh and the Steelers?

Not too much about Pittsburgh, I’m just excited to be picked and come there.

Rashard do you by any chance know Carey Davis (Illinois Fullback)?

I know of him, I met him maybe once or twice. I don’t know him too well though.

It could be an all Illinois backfield?

Yeah that would be cool.

How long did you talk to Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert? Did they give you any indication on how you will be used?

Not at all to tell you the truth Pittsburgh wasn’t one of the teams that I met with. After the pick there was so much screaming that I couldn’t here anything. After all this is done I well get a chance to talk with them.

Did you talk to them at the combine?

Yeah I met them at the combine, but that was about it, not too much interaction.

When will you be coming in to Pittsburgh?

I’m not really sure. I will have to talk to my agent either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Who is your agent?

Mike MCartney, Priority Sports.

Lord Stiller
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Awesome draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow we get linemen, woohoo

BettisFan
04-26-2008, 11:24 PM
RASHARD MENDENHALL CONFERENCE CALL

Running Back - University of Illinois

1st Round Ė 23rd Overall

Rashard Mendenhall:

How excited were you to go to one of the teams that is always one of the top running teams?

It felt good to be picked by the Steelers, the black and gold. Itís a great fan base and I feel good about playing there.

How tough was the wait after expecting to go much earlier?

It was tough, Iím not going to lie. I thought that I was going to be the one who was going to come into the draft and not be nervous at all. As it started rolling the sweat started rolling as well. I feel good about it right now.

What do you know about Pittsburgh and what are your thoughts about the team?

In general I feel real good about it. Throughout this whole process I didnít have any idea that I was going to end up with the Steelers. I always thought that there might be a chance with them being a tough, smash-mouth football team; a real good team. I always felt good about them but I didnít think that I would end up there.

Where did you see yourself going?

That is the thing about the draft that you do not where a lot of the focus really is going to go because teams arenít really going to show what they are going to do. From what I heard and from everything that I was getting there was a lot of Chicago and Detroit and a lot of other teams, but Pittsburgh wasnít one of them. It was kind of out of nowhere but that was a good surprise.

This team has a Pro Bowl running back. Why do you think they drafted you?

In this league you need more than one running back. You need to have a couple of running backs that can get the job done. They are a good team and they have a lot of firepower in their offense as well. I think at running back it is a little bit of an added weapon.

What style do you most resemble?

A lot of people donít make this comparison but I would say L.T. (LaDainian Tomlinson). You look at his decision making and his footwork and his agility, he is a real balanced runner. He can catch the ball and he can run you over as well, so I can make the comparison to L.T.

Do you see yourself filling the Marion Barber role here?

Yeah although you never really know until you get there and understand the offense little by little. As of right now I couldnít really foresee that.

As a running back would you be more of a complete back with speed and power?

Yeah definitely, more people see me as a power back. I see me as more speed and mobility, with the ability to be a pass receiver.

Rashard being that this was a surprise to you are you going to go out tomorrow and have a run on Terrible Towels?

I have the Terrible Towel on my shoulder right now. That was the first thing that came on after the hat.

Rashard real quick tell us about your work ethic? And what you can bring to the Steelers.

I feel that the Steelers made a great pick. They got a quality player a guy that is going to do his job and be productive.

What did Ron Zook tell you about Pittsburgh and the Steelers?

Not too much about Pittsburgh, Iím just excited to be picked and come there.

Rashard do you by any chance know Carey Davis (Illinois Fullback)?

I know of him, I met him maybe once or twice. I donít know him too well though.

It could be an all Illinois backfield?

Yeah that would be cool.

How long did you talk to Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert? Did they give you any indication on how you will be used?

Not at all to tell you the truth Pittsburgh wasnít one of the teams that I met with. After the pick there was so much screaming that I couldnít here anything. After all this is done I well get a chance to talk with them.

Did you talk to them at the combine?

Yeah I met them at the combine, but that was about it, not too much interaction.

When will you be coming in to Pittsburgh?

Iím not really sure. I will have to talk to my agent either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Who is your agent?

Mike MCartney, Priority Sports.

He seems like a great cool guy, I love how he was just as surprised as us to come to the burgh! lol, also what was the link to those pictures?

Davison_K
04-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I am pretty much going crazy with this draft. Sweed and Mendenhall were freaking steals where we got them. If our oline is even a little better... I am way too happy right now. I need to calm down. *deep breath* I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

OneForTheToe
04-27-2008, 12:46 AM
I hope these guys get signed quickly. I'm a little concerned these guys will want money for were picked.:coffee:

SteelerFanInTX210
04-27-2008, 01:05 AM
I bleed orange and white on saturdays and black and gold on sundays and this is a dream come true for me, this plays faster than his forty time and he can break tackles like terrell owens if you ask my opinion. what a great pick up for us, we are going to be thoroughly entertained this year. here is another video with a couple of different clips.

S8UQ2cZuHxw

polamalu82
04-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Sweed has great hands no doubt. I'm just ever so slightly nervous about his wrist. I know its okay now but one more break or fracture he could be done.

BettisFan
04-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Sweed has great hands no doubt. I'm just ever so slightly nervous about his wrist. I know its okay now but one more break or fracture he could be done.
dont jinx it shhhh

Hypocycloid
04-27-2008, 01:36 AM
dont jinx it shhhh

Didn't he have ligament damage?

Rhee Rhee
04-27-2008, 02:50 AM
He's gonna look fantastic in Black and Gold.

the way i read his interviews and such it didnt seem like he was too happy about being with the steelers...

then again he probably didnt look half as bad as albert did when he got drafted by the chiefs..

Hypocycloid
04-27-2008, 02:58 AM
the way i read his interviews and such it didnt seem like he was too happy about being with the steelers...

then again he probably didnt look half as bad as albert did when he got drafted by the chiefs..

Yeah, I heard that there was some good lip reading going on too. I am sorry that I missed it.

Hypocycloid
04-27-2008, 02:59 AM
I mean with Albert.

Galax Steeler
04-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Wow with a little bit of blocking up front this offense could be one of the best with the two players we got today I am ready for some football.

Elvis
04-27-2008, 07:34 AM
:hatsoff: I am kind of thinking the same things galax. Most of the highlights that Sweed is a part of was from the year before. I dont think that Sweed is gonna be as physical as Burress is but he will be ok. Mendenall... well, he has to sit behind Willie for now and come in on certain situations and he will be our power back and goalline runner as well I think. Over all, I like the players we have chosen.

Dino 6 Rings
04-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Little bit of our new OLB/DE Bruce Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbl03WpCpXk

NV STEELERS 723
04-27-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm very happy w/ these picks!

Haiku_Dirtt
04-27-2008, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=Steelman16;390538]. I think the "What-If?" for me is what if our line is really crappy next year... (I hope that's not the case) ...QUOTE]

Dont think "what if". You can go ahead and know it right now. AND we get to pay Max almost $7 million this season. That's like Max went hunting, fired a few shots into the ground and liquid potash came spewing out. Which is more ridiculous?

Since our line is great at letting the pocket collapse Rashard need only to take two steps forward, turn and receive a screen from Ben. Running off tackle will be a token play for the next two seasons.

Steeler in Carolina
04-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Sweed reminds me of Plaxico.

JanBr7
04-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I just joined this forum today so a little late posting, but I am also VERY excited about this draft. They have weapons for Ben that are very exciting, and they feel to us like manna from heaven. It is one of those "everything went right" moments that give me great optimism for the season!

Can't wait to see Ben throw his first awesome over-everybody's-head TD to Sweed!

Man I'm pumped! And the season is how far away? :tt03:

millwalldavey
04-27-2008, 05:39 PM
JanBr7... Wherebouts Central PA?

JanBr7
04-27-2008, 06:20 PM
I live in the country, outside of a little town called Nescopeck.

BTW, I know the O-line stank last year, but there will be some changes, especially at center. And as is the case with any group, it is the sum and not the individual parts that make it work.

There is a distinct possibility that the guys they have on O-line will gel together and form a formidable unit. Ben has NEVER spoken about having a problem with the o-line, and we all know that eventually if he's thinking something it 'slips' out. And Ben would know the o-line as well as anyone. Maybe he has seen what they can be, seen the potential. I think with the new weapons we have at least a chance at going deep into the playoffs.

Edman
04-27-2008, 06:27 PM
How about handing a little blame on Ben for some of the sacks? He holds onto the ball too long, looking for the big play.

millwalldavey
04-27-2008, 06:28 PM
A-ha! You go to Berwick then?

Coal Township... Shamokin Indian here!

Jeremy
04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
How about handing a little blame on Ben for some of the sacks? He holds onto the ball too long, looking for the big play.

He's already come out and said that. Hopefully it translates in to him working more with the checkdown receivers this season.

TackleMeBen
04-27-2008, 06:31 PM
He's already come out and said that. Hopefully it translates in to him working more with the checkdown receivers this season.
now that is two words that you see put together alot.. ben and working..lol.. just kidding..

i hope you all are right. and that we can get the current oline fixed if not poor ben will be in for a very long season.

SteelerFanInTX210
04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
i really like this bruce davis guy, he seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder, especially against kirk herbstriet and lee corso check this out, hahahaha

fX5H1oaVRnI[

SteelerFanInTX210
04-27-2008, 10:04 PM
what do i need to do to get my signature to be compatible with this forum ?????????????????????????????????????????

WizDom-N.KnowLedge
04-27-2008, 10:39 PM
how could you not like the first two picks?

Mosca
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
I live in the country, outside of a little town called Nescopeck.

BTW, I know the O-line stank last year, but there will be some changes, especially at center. And as is the case with any group, it is the sum and not the individual parts that make it work.

There is a distinct possibility that the guys they have on O-line will gel together and form a formidable unit. Ben has NEVER spoken about having a problem with the o-line, and we all know that eventually if he's thinking something it 'slips' out. And Ben would know the o-line as well as anyone. Maybe he has seen what they can be, seen the potential. I think with the new weapons we have at least a chance at going deep into the playoffs.

Nescopeck, huh? I was just down at the Nescopeck Creek last Sunday. I'm in Mountain Top.

Hypocycloid
04-27-2008, 11:50 PM
i really like this bruce davis guy, he seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder, especially against kirk herbstriet and lee corso check this out, hahahaha

fX5H1oaVRnI[

I kinda miss Porter's antics, not the arrests or getting kicked out of games. He was always entertaining and energetic and gave the best interviews. I think we now have a replacement. Hopefully no arrests or getting kicked out of games.:thumbsup:

FSUBoo
04-28-2008, 02:02 AM
I think all of the picks look good so far. I haven't seen much of Tony Hills from Texas, but the rest are quality picks. I liked the pick of Mike Humpal actually, cause Iowa is my favorite college football team and he goes from one black and gold to the other. I think that our offensive line should improve from last year because our linemen are all a year more mature and should gel better.