PDA

View Full Version : 3rd round & Third surprise comes with pedigree

Haiku_Dirtt
04-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Rarely would Bruin and Stud be uttered when talking college football but that's exactly what Bruce Davis should be called.

It doesn't hurt that pops - Davis Sr. - owns two Super Bowl rings.

Excellent third round pick.

St33lersguy
04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Agreed, this was a great pick. Not to mention this pick adds much needed depth at the DE position. Hopefully he will do well if Aaron Smith gets injured so teams don't run over the steelers for over 100 yards a game.

The Duke
04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Agreed, this was a great pick. Not to mention this pick adds much needed depth at the DE position. Hopefully he will do well if Aaron Smith gets injured so teams don't run over the steelers for over 100 yards a game.

he'll be an OLB. the steelers still need DE depth

St33lersguy
04-27-2008, 03:46 PM
he'll be an OLB. the steelers still need DE depth

True, I forgot to consider that possibility. Hopefully they will try him out at DE in preseason to see how it works. Besides if they don't pick another DE they might have intentions of playing him at DE anyway.

revefsreleets
04-27-2008, 04:11 PM
I was surprised by the pick...he was projected as a "Jason Taylor type guy" which screams 4-3. However, we will not be switching to a 4-3 based solely on 1 player. I'm guessing he loses 10 pounds and we use him situationally as a pass rusher. Gaudy stats in a good conference as a pure pass rusher.