PDA

View Full Version : Madden '09 Discussions!!!!!!

Hannity_on_Holmes
04-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Madden '09 has recently been announced. I love video games and have a knack for telling exactly how good games are BEFORE they even come out. And let me tell you something...Madden '09 is taking a considerable leap foreward with this next installment of the age-old franchise.

From a visual standpoint, all it took was a few mere seconds of footage to notice how beautiful this game looks. Brett Farve, in all is polygonal greatness, is seen on a snow-covered field getting ready to take a snap. The player models look sharp and the environment looked even sharper. The new madden even boasts a new player-animation engine which will ensure that the game will feel more like an NFL football game.

The designer team at EA has been beefing up the online structure of the game too. Madden 08 was ok, and it still works well, but it lacked depth.

Check out the latest footage on gamespot.com or your favorite gameplay footage database (youtube always has what you need).

What do you think the next madden needs?
what do you think should be changed?

Godfather
04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
They're not doing Madden 09 for the PC. Football Freaks, a Madden-oriented message board, is going to put 09 together as a mod of 08.

Godfather
04-27-2008, 09:29 PM
PS--Madden needs to makeit easier to use custom teams in franchise mode. Imagine how awesome it would be to have 10 or 12 teams do a fantasy draft in August, update the players based on their actual performance during the season, and then play each other online in February.

Hannity_on_Holmes
04-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Im pretty sure I read something about a really clean online tournament structure that allows up to 32 players to draft and play with their team.

hopefully it works well.

and godfather could u PLEASE link me to the 09 mod for PC when it comes out?

I never played a madden for PC but i just want to have it so badly.

BettisFan
04-28-2008, 01:31 AM
madden 09 is going to be amazing! Graphics and gameplay wise! i cant wait i am getting the special addition!

Godfather
04-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Im pretty sure I read something about a really clean online tournament structure that allows up to 32 players to draft and play with their team.

hopefully it works well.

and godfather could u PLEASE link me to the 09 mod for PC when it comes out?

I never played a madden for PC but i just want to have it so badly.

You'll need to buy 08 (or 07, hopefully the mod will work with older versions). Here's the link to the website. They have a forum dedicated to the 09 mod.

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

NJarhead
04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
More control over rosters/players. Ex. If I want Willie Colon to be a RG, then I should be able to make him a RG, etc. Scouting could be better in Franchise mode.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-28-2008, 08:10 PM
More control over rosters/players. Ex. If I want Willie Colon to be a RG, then I should be able to make him a RG, etc. Scouting could be better in Franchise mode.

I agree with you about the position changes. I think that in the games before '08 you could change a players position in franchise mode. Hopefully they bring it back.

NJarhead
04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I agree with you about the position changes. I think that in the games before '08 you could change a players position in franchise mode. Hopefully they bring it back.

Yes you could. I actually liked Madded on the PC better (although now w/ xbox 360 it's 47" of HD - lol) because some people used to spend a ton of THEIR time making perfect rosters for anal/lazy bums like me to quickly download. I think they should give you all the control that you would have if the were the coach. Have a LB play TE once in a while (ala Mike Vrabel), switch from T to G and from CB to S and DT to DE. This way you don't have to waste a roster spot on a guy just so you have 4 G's, etc. That pisses me off.

Hannity_on_Holmes
04-28-2008, 11:09 PM
One of the main concerns that has shown no indication of being resolved is performance. 08 was a buggy-ass game.
thats just not acceptable these days.

lilyoder6
04-29-2008, 11:05 AM
well i think 09 is gonna kick ass... they are making the gameplay go faster.. so on the screen u can now challenge and make subs right there instead of pausing evry time. i think it's a good move.. if they are gonna go change the title of the game.. they need to go out w/ a bang

BettisFan
04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l3qIRsbRVgs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l3qIRsbRVgs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

All the first round picks in madden 09

BettisFan
04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hj3kMlCa4jM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hj3kMlCa4jM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

first video of gameplay

Hannity_on_Holmes
04-30-2008, 02:45 AM
All the first round picks in madden 09

rashard looks good in black and gold

NJarhead
04-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Going back to the requests for 09, as part of the more control over the rosters, I would like it if A). I could again control the subs for each formation (including special teams) and B). If I place someone on IR, it should free up a roster spot.

lilyoder6
04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
like i said the gameplay looks sick.. this madden will be great...

verks36
04-30-2008, 07:48 PM
ya rashard does look all good in that visor

BettisFan
04-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I honestly cant wait more than ever its going to be amazing

lilyoder6
04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
360 sucks.. ps3 is da shit 4 sports games

pittsburghp8baller
04-30-2008, 11:44 PM

thats true. u can either do a season type of schedule or a round robin type of schedule either way it leads to the super bowl. u can do trades.

and speaking of it any1 interested in making a league? still a while till madden comes out but still wondering. we could have a random drawing for teams

BettisFan
05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
360 sucks.. ps3 is da shit 4 sports games

no way bro, lets not have this again 360 wrecks shop :tt03:

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
have it again??? i think last time i pwned ur ass about how the ps3 is better than the 360...

u are right the 360 does wreck shop when the customers goes to return it to get a new one when it gets the red circle of death.. lol dumbass microsoft

Hannity_on_Holmes
05-02-2008, 03:14 AM
have it again??? i think last time i pwned ur ass about how the ps3 is better than the 360...

u are right the 360 does wreck shop when the customers goes to return it to get a new one when it gets the red circle of death.. lol dumbass microsoft

just so everyone knows....

The topic is "Madden 09 discussions", not "trivial arguments"

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 10:40 AM
lol what ever madden is ballin on any system

BettisFan
05-05-2008, 08:00 PM
You can know return Missed Field Goals!!!

http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/madden-09/madden09hesterfgreturn1.jpg

"One of these Madden NFL 09 innovations is the ability to return missed field goals. Over the past couple of years, we’ve seen in the real-world NFL how a seemingly insignificant field-goal attempt can be turned into a momentum-changing, or even game-deciding, touchdown return."

"It will be a nice change to force people into considering the risk of attempting a long field goal. However if kicking is overpowered (as has been the case seemingly forever) it may not really matter. Hopefully kickoffs aren’t going through the back of the end zone and long distance FG attempts actually have the potential of coming up short enough that they can be returned."

http://www.pastapadre.com/2574/gamestop-madden-monday-returning-missed-fgs#comment-20285

The Duke
05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
You can know return Missed Field Goals!!!

about time.

it's cool, but something tells me it will happen too much like many other plays in madden. hopefully I'm wrong, and they fix the games previous problems too

pittsburghp8baller
05-05-2008, 08:53 PM
about time.

it's cool, but something tells me it will happen too much like many other plays in madden. hopefully I'm wrong, and they fix the games previous problems too

yea when they put something new into madden they tend to have it overused. i guess now that means that the computer will actually miss field goals. last year the computer was automatic from the 50-58 yard range it was kind of lame

pittsburghp8baller
05-05-2008, 09:00 PM
any1 here planning on getting NCAA 09 too? it looks real good 2. dont think there is any videos out on it.

BettisFan
05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
any1 here planning on getting NCAA 09 too? it looks real good 2. dont think there is any videos out on it.

nah i am not into NCAA i got 08 and disliked it alot

CantStop85
05-05-2008, 10:46 PM
After this year's Madden debacle on PS3 I refuse to buy it at least until some other people play it and approve. I will, however, be getting the new NFL Head Coach.

pittsburghp8baller
05-05-2008, 10:52 PM
After this year's Madden debacle on PS3 I refuse to buy it at least until some other people play it and approve. I will, however, be getting the new NFL Head Coach.

im thinking about getting head coach it looks like they have improved upon the disaster that was the first head coach. im thinking of jus getting the 20th anniversary madden where u get both especially if head coach is gonna be the full 50+ dollars.

BettisFan
05-06-2008, 08:39 PM
play call screen changes

A producer blog has been posted for Madden 09 which goes over the new play call screen in what it displays as well as the options within it. Included in that is replays and challenges, displayed stats, return of formation subs, and bluff mode when choosing plays.

"It is always great to shoot for the stars when designing, but usually reality sets in at some point and the design ends up getting pared back due to technical limitations. In this case however a combination of creative thinking and hard work got us to a point of over delivering on this feature. I am very proud of our team for beating the tech issues that we were facing and helping give us a play call that screams Next Generation! Take a look- I think you’ll love this!"

You can read the full blog and view several new screenshots of the play call screen here. http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/news.jsp?itemID=playcall_blog

NJarhead
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
You know what else I miss? The accelerated game clock. It made it more realistic to play a full game. I mean, I'm usually ready to snap the ball with 35 seconds left on the play clock and sometimes you're forced to wait, and wait so you can run out the clock. JMO.

BettisFan
05-06-2008, 09:40 PM
You know what else I miss? The accelerated game clock. It made it more realistic to play a full game. I mean, I'm usually ready to snap the ball with 35 seconds left on the play clock and sometimes you're forced to wait, and wait so you can run out the clock. JMO.

can you explain i dont really know what u mean. Thanks :thumbsup:

NJarhead
05-06-2008, 10:09 PM
can you explain i dont really know what u mean. Thanks :thumbsup:

You don't remember the accelerated clock? The clock would tick faster between plays. Meaning you could quickly choose your play (like most of us do) snap the ball right away and the play clock would be run down further thus running out the play clock. Now, if you want to run out the play clock you have to actually, take your time and wait.

Not a major function, but I liked it.

verks36
05-06-2008, 10:28 PM
You don't remember the accelerated clock? The clock would tick faster between plays. Meaning you could quickly choose your play (like most of us do) snap the ball right away and the play clock would be run down further thus running out the play clock. Now, if you want to run out the play clock you have to actually, take your time and wait.

Not a major function, but I liked it.

you but in that feature it turned off in the last 2 minutes of each half

I didnt really like it but it made it more realistic if you played like an epic 15 min quarters and tried to do it like a real nfl game

NJarhead
05-06-2008, 10:33 PM
you but in that feature it turned off in the last 2 minutes of each half

I didnt really like it but it made it more realistic if you played like an epic 15 min quarters and tried to do it like a real nfl game

I'm a FB nerd, and I did. :chuckle:

It screwed me sometimes too, and yes after the 2 min warning it turned off but by then you hopefully had the game one and would be kneeling down anyway.

BettisFan
05-15-2008, 12:04 PM
New Tackling info!

"With this brand new system (created in a collaborative effort between NCAA Football and Madden NFL), you will see unprecedented fluidity in multi-character interaction, which generates much better results across the board: improved blocking, improved chucks, better handoffs, interactive celebrations with teammates, and even friendly player avoidance and help-ups in post-play. In NCAA you will see pursuit physics specific to wide open gameplay and interactive celebrating with mascots. In Madden you will be manually breaking tackles, adding far better response and control as well as more depth to tackling, which is quite fun. None of this could be possible without this new engine."

BettisFan
05-15-2008, 12:18 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MfNZd_4icP8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MfNZd_4icP8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hannity_on_Holmes
05-16-2008, 08:18 PM
a game is only as beautiful as its' engines.

Godfather
05-16-2008, 10:55 PM
thats true. u can either do a season type of schedule or a round robin type of schedule either way it leads to the super bowl. u can do trades.

and speaking of it any1 interested in making a league? still a while till madden comes out but still wondering. we could have a random drawing for teams

where do you find something like that?

Steelman16
05-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I've done stuff like that before...pretty fun if done right.

I will not be buying 09. EA sucks. What about us PC gamers? Sheesh.:coffee:

Godfather
05-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I've done stuff like that before...pretty fun if done right.

I will not be buying 09. EA sucks. What about us PC gamers? Sheesh.:coffee:

Yep. And they don't make a college game for the PC.

Too bad there aren't enough programmers and animators to build a game. That would be awesome.

pittsburghp8baller
05-19-2008, 10:06 AM
where do you find something like that?

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14229536.html

BettisFan
05-19-2008, 08:24 PM
dude i cant wait! Its going to be off the hook!

pittsburghp8baller
05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
dude i cant wait! Its going to be off the hook!

i kno everytime i hear some1 talk about i keep twitching wondering when is august coming round

steelwall
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Man I'm glad I'm comming home to the US next month, I'm still playing 05. I can get just about any game here accept Madden, as the Chinese have no interest in the game, and American football.

Edit: but the NBA is quickly becoming the hottest sport here, largely because of Yao Ming, it will take a Chinese to make the NFL to spark their interest. The NFL is desperately trying to break into the Chinese market, and rumor has it they are gromming a few Chinese to become NFL qaulity kickers.

BettisFan
05-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Man I'm glad I'm comming home to the US next month, I'm still playing 05. I can get just about any game here accept Madden, as the Chinese have no interest in the game, and American football.

Edit: but the NBA is quickly becoming the hottest sport here, largely because of Yao Ming, it will take a Chinese to make the NFL to spark their interest. The NFL is desperately trying to break into the Chinese market, and rumor has it they are gromming a few Chinese to become NFL qaulity kickers.

live 08 is off the hook to man

lilyoder6
05-20-2008, 12:08 PM
yao ming blows at basketball.. the only reason he is there is b/c he is tall.. and he is injury prone

steelwall
05-20-2008, 11:05 PM
yao ming blows at basketball.. the only reason he is there is b/c he is tall.. and he is injury prone

Never the less he is a national hero here.

BettisFan
05-21-2008, 01:41 PM

Yao is a great player, are you high?

lilyoder6
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
are u rly serious??? yao is not a great player wow he is tall and can get rebounds... he's slow not pyshical and hasn't finished a season 4 the past couple of yrs now.. what a great player he is

The Duke
06-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Madden 09 Player and Team Ratings

http://www.pastapadre.com/2645/madden-09-player-and-team-ratings

I'm surprised at the disrespect santonio gets in madden, 85!! yet players like calvin johnson have a 92 :mad:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-01-2008, 02:37 PM

I'm surprised at the disrespect santonio gets in madden, 85!! yet players like calvin johnson have a 92 :mad:

Wow, what BS!

Holmes: 942 Yards, 8 TD's

Johnson: 756 yards, 4 TD's

But wait, Johnson was the #2 overall pick in last year's draft...therefore he's already better than Holmes!

RoethlisBURGHer
06-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I sure hope Madden 09 comes out for the PS2 and not just PS3 and 360...not everyone has an extra $400+ to spend on a video game system.

If Madden 09 and NCAA 09 both come out for PS2, I am definatly getting both. I love being able to draft from the college ranks via the two games.

Okay, it's been confirmed that the game will be made available for the PS2, so I am assuming that NCAA 09 will be available also,

This game looks like it's going to kick so much ass, is it August 12th yet?

Hannity_on_Holmes
06-01-2008, 02:53 PM
I dont feel that there is much contrast in the ratings numbers in QB stats in madden.
According to the stat chart on Gamespot, joe montana is exactly as good as tom brady. anyone else see the glaring flaw?

on the other hand, NFL qb's devote their lives to perfecting their art. so maybe there shouldnt be so much contrast between quarterback performance.

BettisFan
06-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Holmes should be higher than 85, Mendenhall should be higher than 81 like 83-85, Woodley should be a little higher, but besides that we look good, great!

steelersfanman92
06-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I dont really know about all those rankings but nonetheless i still cant wait for it to come out!!!

lilyoder6
06-06-2008, 01:51 PM
wow 11 teams w/ an overall rating of 90 or higher.. thats alot of teams above 90.. b4 there were only a couple..

poor phins and flacons getting the lowest..lol

BettisFan
06-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Great for us 94!

FEVERFAN
06-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Should Polamalu even be close to a 98? C'mon. I love the dude (as a player), but after his lack luster year, is he really deserving of a 98?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing any of the Steeler players, but a 98?? The Madden rating system will never be right. Nor will NCAAs for that matter.

That being said, lol.. I will enjoy the Teams 94 overall and Troy's 98 playin online. :D

BettisFan
06-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Steelers are going to wreck shop!

Rhee Rhee
06-14-2008, 08:50 AM
i loved ESPN NFL football...

one of the main features that i loved was a fantasy draft tournament with 4 players/teams...

i play only madden 07 on PS2 cause i have a ps3 and have heard bad things from madden on a ps3... i was wondering does madden 09 have that feature?

BettisFan
06-15-2008, 12:37 AM
i think we all know nhl 08 was the best sports game this year

pittsburghp8baller
06-15-2008, 10:56 AM
i think we all know nhl 08 was the best sports game this year

yep it won 7 different sports game of the year awards and ive seen video for NHL 09 and video for Madden 09; ive even talked to people who have played them and it seems NHL 09 is gonna blow madden out of the water again.

Justin Otstott
06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
check out the videos on the site, looks great!!!! www.madden09.com

BettisFan
06-16-2008, 12:19 PM
madden 09 doesnt blow me away at all

CantStop85
06-16-2008, 01:33 PM
The only reason I'll buy it is because they're packaging Head Coach 09 with it in the Collector's Edition.

lilyoder6
06-16-2008, 03:42 PM
well i wouldn't think that a game would blow u away.. i mean unless u like that kind of stuff

The Duke
06-16-2008, 03:56 PM
The only reason I'll buy it is because they're packaging Head Coach 09 with it in the Collector's Edition.

really? how much is it? that may make me buy madden

madden 09 doesnt blow me away at all

man, you sure do change opinions fast. not long ago you were like, madden is the best!

but yeah, nothing has been mind blowing so far. I want some serious changes in gameplay, and the ratings system

pittsburghp8baller
06-16-2008, 04:12 PM
really? how much is it? that may make me buy madden

89.99 i think

thats not bad considering u would prob have to spend 60 for each; this way u save 30 bucks and get two games.

i wont be getting madden though, jus bout every game is the same. while this one looks more promising than years before id rather jus snatch it off my brother when i feel like playn it. im jus gonna save the money and wait a couple of week and buy NHL 09.

The Duke
06-16-2008, 04:18 PM
89.99 i think

thats not bad considering u would prob have to spend 60 for each; this way u save 30 bucks and get two games.

i wont be getting madden though, jus bout every game is the same. while this one looks more promising than years before id rather jus snatch it off my brother when i feel like playn it. im jus gonna save the money and wait a couple of week and buy NHL 09.

yeah, great price for two games

I'm not convinced with madden either. 08 was basically the same I had in 05 with a newer roster and some adjustments.

I may buy NHL 09 though. my last nhl game was 03 I believe, lol

Godfather
06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
NHL09 sounds good, but knowing EA they're going to find ways to screw it up.

They need to set it up so you can change the conference and division names to the rightful (pre-Bettman) names and bring back the Whalers, Nordiques, and Jets.

pittsburghp8baller
06-16-2008, 07:35 PM
They need to set it up so you can change the conference and division names to the rightful (pre-Bettman) names and bring back the Whalers, Nordiques, and Jets.

i think they are gonna have thorwback teams. like the 92 pens, if they do itll prob be like how madden was and not have any names and the numbers be all screwed up

pittsburghp8baller
06-16-2008, 07:38 PM
NHL09 sounds good, but knowing EA they're going to find ways to screw it up.

their wasnt that many screw ups in 08. and any that were, was addressed during the creation of 09. i know on leaguegaming.com we had a thread where we posted our suggestions and one of the EA workers actually brought the list up during a meeting. some of them actually were put in too (keeping stats for online team play; better defensive controls; better fighting engine jus some)

BettisFan
06-16-2008, 11:27 PM
I am actually not sure on madden 09 yet i dunno yet i may wait the month and spend my money on nhl 09

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2008, 12:06 AM
I am actually not sure on madden 09 yet i dunno yet i may wait the month and spend my money on nhl 09

I may get Madden and NCAA. But NHL 09 does sound pretty good to think about buying.

pittsburghp8baller
06-17-2008, 10:42 AM

as soon as Madden has some sort of online team play on it i may start getting again but after player fifa and nhl team play i cant go back. i kno NCAA will have 4 player offline co-op play which i guess is the first step towards team play. i wonder if madden will have somethin like

Dino 6 Rings
06-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I usually split, buy either the Madden or NCAA each season. I currently have the 07 Madden with the Steelers being awesome and the 08 NCAA. I may get both this season but at 60 bucks a pop and the features not really changing, I don't know about both.

I want Classic Stadiums back, and Throwback uniforms for both NCAA and Madden. I'd love to play in Old PITT Stadium and then maybe a couple games in Three Rivers. That kind of thing may get me to buy both.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-17-2008, 12:48 PM

Why isnt Timmons on there?

pittsburghp8baller
06-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Why isnt Timmons on there?

further back on the depth chart i guess they have him at middle linebacker

one cool feature for madden 09 i jus read in game informer- for 1200 microsoft points u can hold ur fantasy football draft through madden this year. which is good i have a league with all of my xbox friends (if any1 interested still one spot is open its through espn jus add me PGH Big Murf 66) and then for an extra 400 points u can get up to date stats and tips right on ur xbox. so for a 1600 microsoft point card u can run a whole fantasy football league through ur xbox

lilyoder6
06-17-2008, 11:16 PM
i know damn well i'll be getting both ncaa and madden.. ncaa coming out w/ the online dynasty which should be sick.. and madden will be a lot better.. if u remeber it took a while b4 the football games became better on a new system..

frigbee
06-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I hope that they fix the low pass to take advantage of Big Ben and his low passing. But I know our new class of receivers will allow for some bad ass jump passes.

Dino 6 Rings
06-25-2008, 12:05 PM
I hope they bring back the feature of "emptying" an opponents stadium in the NCAA version. I remember in the 06 version if you thumped someone on their homefield they crowd thinned out. Also, they need to bring back the ability to get your homefield to be one of the "toughest places to play". I've won the National Title 3 straight years with PITT, never losing and am still not ranked in the top 20 hardest places to play. Heinz Field needs to be in that feature. If your team has 20 + straight home game wins, dang it! you should have a very rowdy crowd.

pittsburghp8baller
06-26-2008, 10:44 AM
well i played the NCAA demo the other day and it seems to be better. the passing over the middle doesnt require you to lob it way in the way or else risk the LB to pick it off. it also doesnt seem that the defenders have super human abilitys to jump in the air and pick it off.

the in game features make it seem better. formation specfic audibles and slide protection makes it better as well as new formations and plays. it all seems that they focused on offense first because the LSU quarterback (the one who transfered/kicked out) completed like 19 of 20 passes in two games.

BettisFan
07-04-2008, 04:35 PM
its getting close fellas this game is going to change it all for nfl video games

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Soundtrack just got released.

Save Email Print Most Popular RSS Reprints
New Franz Ferdinand Track Leads 'Madden' Soundtrack

July 08, 2008 , 1:15 PM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
As tipped here last month, a new Franz Ferdinand song, "Lucid Dreams," leads the in-game soundtrack to the EA Sports video game "Madden 09," which his stores Aug. 12. The cut is also expected to appear on the Scottish rock act's next Epic album, due in February.

Gym Class Heroes' "I'm Home" is another pre-release exclusive for "Madden"; the song will be included on the group's upcoming album, "The Quilt," due Sept. 9 via Fueled by Ramen/Atlantic.

The 26-song soundtrack is rounded out by the Busta Rhymes/Linkin Park collaboration "We Made It," the Truth's "Workin'" featuring Good Charlotte and tracks from All-American Rejects, Disturbed, From First To Last, Senses Fail, the Offspring, Shinedown, Trivium and Kardinal Offishall.

To help promote the soundtrack, a different as-yet-unannounced artist will perform on a late night show the week of Aug. 4, according to EA.

Here is the "Madden 09" soundtrack track list:

Airbourne, "Stand Up for Rock'N'Roll"
Busta Rhymes, "We Made It" featuring Linkin Park
Disturbed, "Inside the Fire"
Franz Ferdinand, "Lucid Dreams"
From First To Last, "Worlds Away"
Gym Class Heroes, "I'm Home"
Hollywood Undead, "Undead"
In Flames, "The Mirror's Truth"
Innerpartysystem, "Don't Stop"
Izza Kizza, "Millionaire"
K'NAAN, "ABC's"
Kardinal Offishall, "Burnt" featuring Lindo P
Kidz in the Hall, "Blackout"
KOVAS, "Wax On, Wax Off"
Mindless Self Indulgence, "Never Wanted to Dance"
Rev Theory, "Hell Yeah"
Senses Fail, "Wolves at the Door"
Shinedown, "Devour"
The All-American Rejects, "The Real World (Demo)"
The Fashion, "Like Knives"
The Offspring, "Hammerhead"
Trivium, "Into the Mouth of Hell We March"
Tyga, "Diamond Life"
Underoath, "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
Wale, "Breakdown" featuring Southeast Slim
The Truth, "Workin'" featuring Good Charlotte

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003825445

Word on the street is that in this version you can make a custom soundtrack. I'm going to put some cool stuff on here, not this stuff. :rolleyes:

pittsburghp8baller
07-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Word on the street is that in this version you can make a custom soundtrack. I'm going to put some cool stuff on here, not this stuff. :rolleyes:

yea thats a new feature on all of the EA games this year. u can set it to play a certain song after a touchdown (goal on NHL 09) and stuff like that

Godfather
07-12-2008, 04:14 PM
I hope they bring back the feature of "emptying" an opponents stadium in the NCAA version. I remember in the 06 version if you thumped someone on their homefield they crowd thinned out. Also, they need to bring back the ability to get your homefield to be one of the "toughest places to play". I've won the National Title 3 straight years with PITT, never losing and am still not ranked in the top 20 hardest places to play. Heinz Field needs to be in that feature. If your team has 20 + straight home game wins, dang it! you should have a very rowdy crowd.

I think that feature is back. When the game comes out of the package Tiger Stadium is the toughest place for a visiting team.

Bear Bryant said the same thing many years ago--it's like playing inside a drum.

lilyoder6
07-12-2008, 04:59 PM
and how would he know what an inside of a drum sounded like?

NJarhead
07-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow. Bettisfan got banned??? What happened there?

Dino 6 Rings
07-31-2008, 01:00 PM

He probably picked his other favorite team to beat the Steelers week 1

:rofl:

PalmerSteel
08-01-2008, 12:06 AM

just curious so looked at most recent posts. didnt see anything incriminating. :noidea:

fansince'76
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM

He got a 30-day break for excessive :pw:-ing.

NJarhead
08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
He got a 30-day break for excessive :pw:-ing.

Ahh, yes. He was good for that. I remember looking at the last ten most recent posts and seeing:

-Bettisfan
-Bettisfan
-Bettisfan
-Bettisfan
-Bettisfan
-Bettisfan
-Bettisfan
-Bettisfan
-Bettisfan.....

I just figured he was due for his ridalin.

:laughing:

J/k BF. :wink02:

CantStop85
08-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Anyway, back on topic...I just downloaded the Madden 09 demo for ps3 and from the little I've played the gameplay seemed very smooth. Also, this year instead of just picking which difficulty you want to play on (All Madden, etc.) you take a test (do passing, running, defensive drills) to see what your skill level is and Madden automatically adjusts the difficulty according to your performance. Very cool.

Also, if you play the demo, you get to play as the Giants on their final drive in the super bowl against the patriots...a nice bonus.

X-Terminator
08-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Anyway, back on topic...I just downloaded the Madden 09 demo for ps3 and from the little I've played the gameplay seemed very smooth. Also, this year instead of just picking which difficulty you want to play on (All Madden, etc.) you take a test (do passing, running, defensive drills) to see what your skill level is and Madden automatically adjusts the difficulty according to your performance. Very cool.

Also, if you play the demo, you get to play as the Giants on their final drive in the super bowl against the patriots...a nice bonus.

I hope they bring that to the Wii version - that sounds pretty cool! I think my skill level will be pretty low, though - haven't played any Madden games since 99.

43Hitman
08-01-2008, 06:47 PM
I hope they bring that to the Wii version - that sounds pretty cool! I think my skill level will be pretty low, though - haven't played any Madden games since 99.

I currently have NCAA 09 on the wii and let me tell you it is much harder using those controllers. You have to do the whole flick your wrist thing. Hopefully Madden won't be as tough.

X-Terminator
08-01-2008, 07:00 PM
I currently have NCAA 09 on the wii and let me tell you it is much harder using those controllers. You have to do the whole flick your wrist thing. Hopefully Madden won't be as tough.

I don't use the Nunchuk - I use the Wii classic controller. Let the younguns with wrists that haven't been jammed by holding boards for kicks in karate class/tests/tournaments handle that. :wink02:

43Hitman
08-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't use the Nunchuk - I use the Wii classic controller. Let the younguns with wrists that haven't been jammed by holding boards for kicks in karate class/tests/tournaments handle that. :wink02:

I didn't know you could use the classic controller for the football games. Thanks.

millwalldavey
08-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm waiting for Blitz II and Backbreaker! For some reason I have more fun with unreal teams.

I want NCAA 09 but dunno if I should upgrade from PS2 to something else.

43Hitman
08-02-2008, 07:22 AM

The wii classic controller does not work for NCAA 09.. :(

pittsburghp8baller
08-11-2008, 07:54 PM
i played madden at eb games today with my cousin, and it was pretty good. the defult team was the redskins, so i put my boy Colt in and he tore it up. liked it so much im gonna be picking it up at midnight tonight at walmart

steelersfanman92
08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
I am going to pick it up this weekend i cant wait!

lilyoder6
08-11-2008, 09:51 PM
i am gonna get it at the midnight launch as well.. :O me so happy

elit3nemesis
08-12-2008, 09:38 AM
So how do yall like it? I get mine in 2 hrs.

lilyoder6
08-12-2008, 06:14 PM
the game is awesome...

CantStop85
08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
So how do yall like it? I get mine in 2 hrs.

Gameplay is good...franchise mode is still ridiculously broken.

lilyoder6
08-12-2008, 08:08 PM
how is it brokern?

NJarhead
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
I was just about to ask that myself.

xfl2001fan
08-12-2008, 09:08 PM
I like the idea of Madden IQ...too bad they're not offering it for PC...it's the only way I'd purchase the game...as I don't have a PS2, PS3 or Xbox (in any form.)

ShutDown24
08-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone noticed John Kuhn has an 85 overall in 09??? lol

CantStop85
08-13-2008, 01:35 AM
how is it brokern?

The player progression is next to non-existent...players who perform well barely improve from season to season if at all (Santonio Holmes has 1400 receiving yards, doesn't gain a single point the next season)...player progression is completely random, it has nothing to do with production...aging players don't regress at all.

The CPU management AI is still as wacky as ever...the Steelers will sign Drew Brees and Steven Jackson while still having Big Ben and Willie P/Mendenhall, the Bengals will draft QB, WR, K in the first 3 rounds...James Harrison will make the pro bowl, be a 93 overall and when his contract expires no team will sign him...etc.

Don't believe me? Simulate a couple of seasons and see what happens. Or just check out this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/261089-franchise-still-broken.html

The Duke
08-13-2008, 02:13 AM
The player progression is next to non-existent...players who perform well barely improve from season to season if at all (Santonio Holmes has 1400 receiving yards, doesn't gain a single point the next season)...player progression is completely random, it has nothing to do with production...aging players don't regress at all.

The CPU management AI is still as wacky as ever...the Steelers will sign Drew Brees and Steven Jackson while still having Big Ben and Willie P/Mendenhall, the Bengals will draft QB, WR, K in the first 3 rounds...James Harrison will make the pro bowl, be a 93 overall and when his contract expires no team will sign him...etc.

Don't believe me? Simulate a couple of seasons and see what happens. Or just check out this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/261089-franchise-still-broken.html

those problems have been in madden for years, I can't believe they haven't fixed that

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone noticed John Kuhn has an 85 overall in 09??? lol

stupid madden creators :mad:. it should obviously be a 99. or make an exception for him to be 100

NJarhead
08-13-2008, 04:15 PM
...James Harrison will make the pro bowl, be a 93 overall and when his contract expires no team will sign him...etc.

Really? I would think the Bengals would have jumped at the chance. :chuckle:

lilyoder6
08-13-2008, 05:20 PM
honestly i rly don't think the there stats rly matter when i play except maybe 4 the speed and the qb strenght anbd acc.. it's just how u play and if a player shall go from a 93 to a 97 rly whats the big diff.. he still would move as he did when i used him..

xfl2001fan
08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
I thought player progression had more to do with the coaching staff you have (i.e. if your OC is especially strong with HB/TE, they'll progress more than the other players.)

CantStop85
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I thought player progression had more to do with the coaching staff you have (i.e. if your OC is especially strong with HB/TE, they'll progress more than the other players.)

In Head Coach this is true, but as far as Madden goes, the progression is pretty much random.

xfl2001fan
08-13-2008, 06:46 PM
In Head Coach this is true, but as far as Madden goes, the progression is pretty much random.

Wow...for my 06 version, the coaches I sign make the difference, did they drop that when they went to the HC series?

vader29
08-13-2008, 09:18 PM

I may have to pick him up when I start my franchise. :chuckle:

I'm loving the game so far, here are some highlights from a couple of exhibition games against the Browns and Patriots.

Rookie Limas Sweed with a touchdown reception against the Browns:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/180996

Roethlisberger chased out of the pocket finds Hines Ward at the 1 yard line for a 33 yard gain:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/189935

Randy Moss catches up to Bryant McFadden after he intercepted Tom Brady:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/189903

xfl2001fan
08-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Those are some sweet graphics bro! Too bad that they don't have that for PC...because I know I'd spend...waste...my money on it.

How fast is McFadden on the game?

CantStop85
08-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Wow...for my 06 version, the coaches I sign make the difference, did they drop that when they went to the HC series?

They messed everything up when they introduced Madden onto next gen consoles. This year they've finally fixed most of the gameplay, but franchise/superstar modes are the same as the last two years, just repackaged...although franchise mode does work without a patch this year, so I guess that is sort of progress. :noidea:

Madden 2010 might be the year they finally put out an all-around quality product. EA moved NFL Head Coach 09's lead producer to the Madden team for 2010, so I would expect he will go a long way in re-designing Madden's franchise mode.

lilyoder6
08-13-2008, 10:58 PM
d mac's speed is a 97 on the game.. also the graphics are SICK.. (i have a ps3) i hooked up the hdmi to the 50 inch.. loving it on 1080.. :)

BettisFan
08-15-2008, 01:45 AM
I havent been able to stop playing I hooked up a projecter in my room and a screen omg madden 09 is amazing

elit3nemesis
08-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Right now I am 6-3 in my franchise. The My Skill (where it adjust the settings after each game) is very hard, it makes the game more realistic. So far the Steelers D is greatness. Big Ben is a TD machine along with Ward, Holmes, and Sweed is da bomb.

STEELtownHAVOX
08-15-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm struggling in my franchise, had my IQ up to 597 then dropped down to 560ish. I can't score. Once I hit that redzone I just stall out. 1-6, LOL. Great game though. Sweed is my best WR so far.

Dino 6 Rings
08-15-2008, 11:57 AM
I enter a local tournment for this on the PS3 tomorrow. I have yet to play this years version, hopefully I can pick it up fast. Are the plays pretty much the same as the last couple years or is it completely different?

klick81
08-15-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm struggling in my franchise, had my IQ up to 597 then dropped down to 560ish. I can't score. Once I hit that redzone I just stall out. 1-6, LOL. Great game though. Sweed is my best WR so far.

What console do you play on?

Blitzburgh_Fever
08-17-2008, 08:19 AM

It's pretty hit or miss. I took the Madden test and got All-Madden on Passing and Running Offense and Rookie on both on defense. Eventually it all balanced out, but it took 6+ games for it to levle. In the mean time, I couldn't run the ball at all, but I also had an 81 overall halfback playing behind a bad line.

Eventually my run O went down a bit and my passing D and run D went up. The drill for the Defense is worthless imo, D has way more to do with playcalling than personal ability, and the drill just doesn't show that.

The Madden IQ thing is, overall, not good imo. My run game is non-existant until my IQ drops to around 706 or so from my running offense to drop, then I'll bust out a 60 yard, 1 td game and it will max out my run O and end up around 735. Then I'll have a non-existant run game for about 4 games, then bust one out for 60 yards and a TD, etc etc.

Supposedly next year will be THE year for franchise. This year feels like they mostly took two steps back and removed all the bullcrap from 08, i.e. rocket catching and online glitching. Hopefully moving Head Coaches lead designer to the Madden team means they're stepping away from online and refocusing on franchise.

STEELtownHAVOX
08-17-2008, 02:11 PM
What console do you play on?

PS3, i've gotten better since my last post though.

klick81
08-17-2008, 04:25 PM
My passing defense SUCKS. And it's not just like that on 09...it was the same on 08. My run D is great though...

43Hitman
08-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Any comments for the wii console? I just got it and haven't had time to really play it yet.

Pittsburghfan
08-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Instead of Pressing Y (360) in the endzone I Hit B and steal one of the opposing teams players taunts. Its fun and you get a challenge complete or achievment.

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Well, I played in a Tourney this weekend after not having played this year or last year's version. I lost the championship game by a TD and a possession. Came in 2nd place. Got a 20 buck gift card for my trouble.

Full games, 3 min quarters, Mercy Rule if losing by 21 points. I won my first 3 games, pretty easily but threw 2 picks in the title game trying to hit Holmes deep. Stunk it up. Oh well, guess there is always next season.

NJarhead
08-18-2008, 03:42 PM
For the moment, I am not crazy about Madden 09.

The test was too easy, and I sucked in the game. I'm still making adjustments.

Carolina Steelers
08-18-2008, 11:48 PM
The running part is way 2 easy on the IQ test then when u get in da game cant run at all because the IQ say you can run I have yet to break 75 yds in a gm. Im going to adjust the sliders so its more realistic. But other than that im enjoying the game better than last year i think

fordfan485
08-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Yea its a step up from the PC version of 08, but there are some little things that annoy me, ex) the madden moments dont have last years rosters u play them with this year and the release day roster update dosnt update it that much ex) steelers still have davenport, shockey wasnt traded and pennington wasnt on the dolphins. Also i they dont even have mitch berger in the game when i tried to add him.

Dino 6 Rings
08-20-2008, 06:00 PM
3 wide set, two WRs on Streaks, Motion Holmes from the weak side to the strong side and Pump Fake, throw to Holmes.

80 yard TD Every Single Time...if you're at the 20 that is...enjoy.

NJarhead
08-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Okay, so now only my pass defense sucks (badly). That trainer thing is NO HELP. I can't even select the DB until it's too late!! My IQ (Because of Pass D only) has dipped below 500. :mad:

verks36
08-25-2008, 12:25 AM
WILL TAKE ON ALL MADDEN CHALLEGERS

XBOX 360 tag- NtL doubledooky

klick81
08-25-2008, 10:35 AM
WILL TAKE ON ALL MADDEN CHALLEGERS

XBOX 360 tag- NtL doubledooky

LIES!!! I challenged you with 08...you were too busy playin Halo or some crap like that. :flap:

NJarhead
08-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, I'm finally dominant on defense again. Passing is avg and running is feast or famine. My IQ hovers at around 525. I may adjust them permantly to mid All-Pro.

Interesting note: Year 2 of Franchise mode I lost Ike Taylor for 11 weeks so I traded Larry Foote, an avg FA CB and a 4th rnd draft pick for Leodis McKelvin (BUF). I figured, Foote was behind Timmons anyway (w/ 1yr left). I did forget to try and get a 5th round pick back. oh well. Leodis is UNSTOPPABLE on KR/PR's and he an 83 rated CB.

Thoughts?

lilyoder6
08-27-2008, 10:05 AM
leodis is a 99 on returns.. and he is FAST... i say it was a smart move since u have timmons to take over foote's spot.. now either u need someone to take farrior's spot or have humpal play there

NJarhead
08-27-2008, 10:24 AM
leodis is a 99 on returns.. and he is FAST... i say it was a smart move since u have timmons to take over foote's spot.. now either u need someone to take farrior's spot or have humpal play there

I too, extended Farrior :wink02: But when he retires, either I will have drafted a MLB or K. Fox can have the spot. I was considering switching to the 4-3 as well. Dunno, I like my 3-4 audibles. Like most of us I drafted 3 to 4 D-linemen in the first draft..., so to develop them for the upcoming retirements. lol.

I also let Marvel go and switched Max to LT. So far, so good. Willie Colon however, seems to be a pedestrian RT in this franchise. You know how that is in Madden.

NJarhead
08-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh yea, the soundtrack is pretty good....as usual.

lilyoder6
08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
i did a lil; work to get starks and colon to either both play or traded 1 away 4 a rookie..

pittsburghp8baller
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
jus played the NFL head coach demo, while its better than the first one ill still pass on it. the pre-week preparations are pretty cool, but the actual game is still pretty crappy.

for any die-hard franchise fans u will probably like this game more than i did

elit3nemesis
09-02-2008, 01:17 PM
I am not a really big fan of Head Coach either.

NJarhead
09-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, IQ is now hovering between 625 and 675. Passing D is almost maxed out as is Run D!!! I love defense.

My Run game (contrary to ranking) is not thrilling me and my passing game is suffering. Not that I get sacked a lot by the end of a season, but I never feel comfortable passing.

In any even, I'd be happy to offer defensive tips and pointers for anyone struggling on defense. Conversely, I'm open to suggestions for my running game.

For instance, why am I being tackled in the backfield by a LB from the other side no matter what blocking scheme I choose????

lilyoder6
09-03-2008, 12:02 AM
i like running the strechs.. it also seems to me that most of the tme counters dont work as well as they used to

klick81
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM
You know what pisses me off???

When losers playing for the stats and not to simulate the real thing keep running the same two gimmick plays and my stupid defense can't keep them from gaining at least 4 yards each time, NO MATTER WHAT DEFENSE I PICK!!!

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! /end rant :chuckle:

pittsburghp8baller
09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
You know what pisses me off???

When losers playing for the stats and not to simulate the real thing keep running the same two gimmick plays and my stupid defense can't keep them from gaining at least 4 yards each time, NO MATTER WHAT DEFENSE I PICK!!!

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! /end rant :chuckle:

they are a lot of people like that (i.e. every1 in the top 100)

one of my friends is close to topping the top 100 and he claims how good he is so i play him in an unranked game, he only ran two kind of plays all game. either it would be a deep post or a corner, if it looked like i was running cover two he would run the post and if i was in cover 3 he would do the corner and then try to user catch it over my d-man. for some1 who said how good he was, i didnt let him score a single offensive touchdown. everytime he would try and user catch i would switch to the defender and either bat it down or intercept it (i couldnt do that when we played each other in NCAA). so the score is 13-10 and im driving down the field (the score should of been tied because i f'ed up a field in the second) and get into field goal range, i kick the ball to tie and send it to overtime and as the ball is mid-air the game freezes for a second and then it says your connection with your opponent has been lost, but he is in chat. so i go to my friends list and it says he is at the XBOX dashboard for a spilt second before it says Madden 09 before. he says it dropped him from the game, i didnt say anything but now i know not to play him and ive told my other friends not to play him.

he also does the direct snap glitch from the tampa bay playbook

NJarhead
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
he also does the direct snap glitch from the tampa bay playbook

What's that about?

pittsburghp8baller
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
What's that about?

in the tampa bay playbook, there is a play HB direct snap, if u press RT(R2 on PS i guess) then the button of one of the receivers, it automatically snaps it to that guy, easy 5 yards at least

NJarhead
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
in the tampa bay playbook, there is a play HB direct snap, if u press RT(R2 on PS i guess) then the button of one of the receivers, it automatically snaps it to that guy, easy 5 yards at least

LOL. How do people figure this crap out?

That's just cheesy. Ilove it when some newb tries to defend me with FG Block. It usually ends up with a quick pass and an 80 yard gain for a TD. :sofunny:

pittsburghp8baller
09-03-2008, 09:56 PM
LOL. How do people figure this crap out?

That's just cheesy. Ilove it when some newb tries to defend me with FG Block. It usually ends up with a quick pass and an 80 yard gain for a TD. :sofunny:

this guy is constantly online.

ive never seen any1 try and play defense using FG block, dont see the advantage of it? espeically now that u can do formation audibles so it doesnt even look like u changed the play

NJarhead
09-03-2008, 10:04 PM
this guy is constantly online.

ive never seen any1 try and play defense using FG block, dont see the advantage of it? espeically now that u can do formation audibles so it doesnt even look like u changed the play

There is no advantage. The last time it happened I didn't have to (Madden 06?). But oh yes, I am very anal about my audibles, plus I change routes, blocking assignments, coverages and blitzes constantly. It's most challenging/fun when playing against Peyton Manning in Franchise mode. The Cowboys and Chargers were challenging too because of all their weapons, but... I have not played Madden 09 on-line yet.

pittsburghp8baller
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
There is no advantage. The last time it happened I didn't have to (Madden 06?). But oh yes, I am very anal about my audibles, plus I change routes, blocking assignments, coverages and blitzes constantly. It's most challenging/fun when playing against Peyton Manning in Franchise mode. The Cowboys and Chargers were challenging too because of all their weapons, but... I have not played Madden 09 on-line yet.

madden isnt my favorite game to play online, im really not that great at it. i love to change up the routes and all of that too, my play is almost never the same as the one i called in the huddle

i am better at NCAA football online when it comes to football, and overall im better at NHL games

NJarhead
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
madden isnt my favorite game to play online, im really not that great at it. i love to change up the routes and all of that too, my play is almost never the same as the one i called in the huddle

i am better at NCAA football online when it comes to football, and overall im better at NHL games

Call of Duty 4 occupied a whole lot of my time this summer (on-line). lol.
I partnered up with this dude from Canada and just wreaked havok.

Anyway, playing sports on-line definitely forces you to make some adjustments. I'm sure there will be things I can do better on-line, but things that I can't do either. No big whoop though.

Any news about roster updates?

lilyoder6
09-03-2008, 10:57 PM
i heard that there is a roster update either tom or some time this weekend...

pittsburghp8baller
09-03-2008, 11:01 PM

i hope so, im not gonna start my franchise until then, hopefully it comes out with enough time to play a few games until NHL 09 comes out

vader29
09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
i hope so, im not gonna start my franchise until then, hopefully it comes out with enough time to play a few games until NHL 09 comes out

Yeah same with me, I've only been playing play now games and the Madden moments while waiting for the opening day rosters to come out before starting my franchise.

NJarhead
09-04-2008, 04:28 PM

Cool. Thanks!

I already started one (couldn't wait). I'll get bored of it anyway when all our guys start retiring. That's why I hate being the Steelers in Franchise...I hate losing people/changing the roster. I'll usually choose a crap team with a decent player or two and build them into a winner (Lions, Phins, etc). Anyone else do that?

pittsburghp8baller
09-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I already started one (couldn't wait). I'll get bored of it anyway when all our guys start retiring. That's why I hate being the Steelers in Franchise...I hate losing people/changing the roster. I'll usually choose a crap team with a decent player or two and build them into a winner (Lions, Phins, etc). Anyone else do that?

im too impatient with madden to be a crappy team, hell even when i start my one with the steelers ill bet i dont make it past week 4 or 5

lilyoder6
09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
uw.. i play online more than i do offline.. i like playing against other humans

yeah i do that too.. i take a team who is usually horrible and what not and rebuild them.. u know trade away some ppl to get some extra draft picks..

NJarhead
09-04-2008, 06:17 PM
uw.. i play online more than i do offline.. i like playing against other humans

yeah i do that too.. i take a team who is usually horrible and what not and rebuild them.. u know trade away some ppl to get some extra draft picks..

Tell me it isn't difficult not to raid the free agents. :chuckle:
I try to build through the draft, but there are usually some FA's in the list rated better than they should be, so....

Later, I just take the best among the younger players and perhaps the fastest at a postion of need to act as a KR/PR, etc.

lilyoder6
09-04-2008, 09:38 PM
yeah.. there is a player or 2 that was there that i was like :willy:

but i have the first 4 draft classes from ncaa so i like to draft the ppl from college

NJarhead
09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
yeah.. there is a player or 2 that was there that i was like :willy:

but i have the first 4 draft classes from ncaa so i like to draft the ppl from college

I've never done that. Are they named when they're imported into Madden??? I may consider buying it if so.

lilyoder6
09-04-2008, 11:20 PM
well when u buy ncaa they don't have the roster names.. some how there is a way to download the roster names from the comp and save it to ncaa w/ the names.. after that then evrytime u play u have the names.. and after the season u just import the draft class and the names are still there.. but the key is being able to dl the names from the comp..I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS as i always got i from a friend

NJarhead
09-05-2008, 05:28 PM
well when u buy ncaa they don't have the roster names.. some how there is a way to download the roster names from the comp and save it to ncaa w/ the names.. after that then evrytime u play u have the names.. and after the season u just import the draft class and the names are still there.. but the key is being able to dl the names from the comp..I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS as i always got i from a friend

Hmmm. Well, I may have to skip it then. I can't even get the media center and the xbox to work together so...

vader29
09-05-2008, 06:00 PM
You can download the names for NCAA directly in the game this year, no need to mess with transferring from your computer to the 360.

Roster update for Madden is supposed to be out tomorrow:
http://ve3tro.com/1454/second-madden-roster-update-coming-tomorrow/

Notable ratings changes for the Steelers:

LB Lawrence Timmons – Steelers – 78 to 80 – A budding star for the Steelers. Starting the season as a backup MLB.
LB LaMarr Woodley – Steelers – 79 to 82 – Would be shocking if this guy wasn’t north of 8-9 sacks this season.
RT Max Starks – Steelers – 81 to 78 – Has been horrendous in preseason.

NJarhead
09-05-2008, 06:16 PM
You can download the names for NCAA directly in the game this year, no need to mess with transferring from your computer to the 360.

Roster update for Madden is supposed to be out tomorrow:
http://ve3tro.com/1454/second-madden-roster-update-coming-tomorrow/

Notable ratings changes for the Steelers:

LB Lawrence Timmons – Steelers – 78 to 80 – A budding star for the Steelers. Starting the season as a backup MLB.
LB LaMarr Woodley – Steelers – 79 to 82 – Would be shocking if this guy wasn’t north of 8-9 sacks this season.
RT Max Starks – Steelers – 81 to 78 – Has been horrendous in preseason.

Thank you.

Intersting:
Adam “Pacman” Jones will finally be added to the Cowboys secondary.

Does this mean Madden will add suspensions and jail time to the game? Just curious. :chuckle:

lilyoder6
09-05-2008, 07:10 PM
well in the roster update a few yrs ago they did take out micheal vick and pacman jones... so it would be right to place pacman back into the game.. and i doubt they would take anyone out that is suspended 4 lesser than a season

NJarhead
09-05-2008, 07:14 PM
well in the roster update a few yrs ago they did take out micheal vick and pacman jones... so it would be right to place pacman back into the game.. and i doubt they would take anyone out that is suspended 4 lesser than a season

I was just kidding, but imagine if they did have suspensions in franchise? All set for the playoffs and find out that your starting WR got busted for DWI or someone failed a wiz quiz? ...and recieve a couple game suspension. lol. It would certainly make it more realistic.

lilyoder6
09-05-2008, 07:34 PM
well i know they do that kind of thing for ncaa.. like w/ missing team pratice/ meeting.. bad grades cheating etc

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-05-2008, 07:45 PM
when is the next roster update for madden 09??

NJarhead
09-05-2008, 07:49 PM
well i know they do that kind of thing for ncaa.. like w/ missing team pratice/ meeting.. bad grades cheating etc

I did not know that. See, I guess it would work then. lol

when is the next roster update for madden 09??

From the posts above: Tomorrow.