PDA

View Full Version : And the Bengals never learn.......

stillers4me
04-27-2008, 06:03 PM
LEWIS ACKNOWLEDGES SHIRLEY “A RISK”
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 27, 2008, 6:19 p.m.
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis acknowledged today that there’s “a risk” associated with selecting fifth-round draft pick Jason Shirley of Fresno State, who was off most teams’ draft boards because of a series of his long history of off-field trouble.

“It’s a little bit of a risk, yes,” Lewis said. “There’s a lot of guys who have gone over the last two days with more substantial things hanging over their heads.”

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Shirley acknowledged today that he has a trial pending on two counts of driving under the influence and one count of hit-and-run.

“I have a court date May 21. And right now, everything’s going kind of smooth. I can’t really get into the details about it, as advised to me by my lawyer, but it’s going smooth,” Shirley said. “It’s looking real good, and hopefully I can get that expunged off my record.”

The Bengals are unique among NFL teams because of their 10 player arrests over 14 months in 2006 and 2007 — they know they’re not going to get the benefit of the doubt when they collect players of questionable character. So given that, why draft Shirley? Was he really so much better than the next-best player on the Bengals’ board that drafting him was worth the headaches associated with his off-field problems? When will the Bengals learn not to draft guys who show up to team headquarters and answer questions with “hopefully I can get that expunged off my record”?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Way to live up to expectations, Marv! :drink:

TackleMeBen
04-27-2008, 06:08 PM
do they play jailhouse rock when the bengals take the field at home????

tony hipchest
04-27-2008, 06:46 PM
shirley you must be kidding :chuckle:

Way to live up to expectations, Marv! :drink:

lol

it was killing him, having to pass on mario manningham several times. he had to do it. old habits are hard to break.

oh, and dont call me shirley.

CantStop85
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Considering the good character of the other guys we drafted and removal of most of the bad character guys we had (hopefully Chad will follow suit soon), I can handle one gamble here and there. The only thing it will really affect is the image of the team...and who cares about that; it's the Bengals, they'll always be a media scapegoat...and image doesn't get you wins.

tony hipchest
04-27-2008, 06:51 PM
The only thing it will really affect is the image of the team...and who cares about that; it's the Bengals,

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

truer words have never been spoken.

:drink:

The Duke
04-27-2008, 07:10 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

truer words have never been spoken.

:drink:

it was missing one thing: "it's the bengals, they suck"

St33lersguy
04-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Maybe the bungles I mean bengals actually take pride in being the team with the most crimlnals. I wonder if they actually think that having the most criminals on their team as a championship title. They're certainly dumb enough to think it is.:rofl:

CantStop85
04-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Maybe the bungles I mean bengals actually take pride in being the team with the most crimlnals. I wonder if they actually think that having the most criminals on their team as a championship title. They're certainly dumb enough to think it is.:rofl:

Just a little secret: your team currently has more players with criminal problems on their roster than the Bengals do.

Anyway, you guys are just jealous that we got Corey Lynch. :wink02:

MACH1
04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Odell Thurman can be his mentor and designated driver.

SteelersMongol
04-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Odell Thurman can be his mentor and designated driver.

:rofl:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-28-2008, 04:16 AM
Just a little secret: your team currently has more players with criminal problems on their roster than the Bengals do.

Why is it when a Bengal fan says they "got" someone...and us the word "lynch"...in the same sentence... I get worried.

stillers4me
04-28-2008, 05:32 AM
More criminals..............really?

Santonio..........charges dropped
Harrison..........charges dropped
Wilson...........cut and no longer a Steeler

Odell............DUI, suspended and welcomed back with open arms.
Shirley........trial pending for DUI and driving through a house. (drafted with baggage)
(threre may be more from that list of ten that are still on the team,.......there's so many I can't remember!)

Bengals 2
Steelers zippo

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-28-2008, 06:32 AM

Shirley........trial pending for DUI and driving through a house. (drafted with baggage)
(threre may be more from that list of ten that are still on the team,.......there's so many I can't remember!)

Bengals 2
Steelers zippo

Good points stillers4me!!

,....and as for the Bengal Fans... lets not forget that PART of the Bengals not having certain people on their roster is because they have now HAD TO DROP two players for being such thugs....let me know if you have anything better than the weak logic you are throwing up. (pathetic)

CantStop85
04-28-2008, 08:15 AM

Bengals 2
Steelers zippo

Steelers:
James Harrison
Najeh Davenport
Deshea Townsend
Santomio Holmes
Trai Essex

Bengals:
Jonathan Joseph
Deltha O'Neal
Odell Thurman
Jason Shirley

Don't even give me the charges dropped defense...most of Chris Henry's charges were dropped at some point too and you know how truthful that was.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Steelers:
James Harrison
Najeh Davenport
Deshea Townsend
Santomio Holmes
Trai Essex

Bengals:
Jonathan Joseph
Deltha O'Neal
Odell Thurman
Jason Shirley

Don't even give me the charges dropped defense...most of Chris Henry's charges were dropped at some point too and you know how truthful that was.

...and again..you seemed to forget to add Frosty Rucker and Chris Henry ...who were such thugs that they got KICKED off your roster....add that to your reclaimed suspended player...and lets compare any other team to yours for true "thugness"

Dino 6 Rings
04-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Are we comparing Steelers to the Bengals?

Really? Read my signature...and then compare...

CantStop85
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
...and again..you seemed to forget to add Frosty Rucker and Chris Henry ...who were such thugs that they got KICKED off your roster....add that to your reclaimed suspended player...and lets compare any other team to yours for true "thugness"

And Eric Steinbach and Matthias Askew and AJ Nicholson...but they did get kicked off the team, just like the Steelers did with Cedrick Wilson. What I'm getting at, is these other guys are still on the roster.

"I know I`m not perfect and I don`t live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." -Bob Marley

The point is your Steelers aren't all little choir boys either. They have just as many people with criminal flags as the Bengals right now, yet some people want to point fingers and laugh at the Bengals while looking the other way when one of their players gets in trouble.

lilyoder6
04-28-2008, 03:07 PM
the only reason ppl laugh at the bengals is b/c they had like 12 players get into trouble in a very short time span.... other teams have a few over the course of a few yrs.. but not 12

St33lersguy
04-28-2008, 03:33 PM

So, while the steelers just have few guys getting arrested which includes a guy they released and guy who took RESPONSIBILITY for his actions, there had to be at least 10 guys who were arrested the past two years. The Bengals have creatd an identity from this stuff while the Steelers just have a few guys that were misbehaving.

P.S. Why would we be jealous of Corey Lynch when we got Rashard Mendenhall, Limas Sweed, Bruce Davis, and Dennis Dixon.:wink02:

CantStop85
04-28-2008, 03:55 PM
and Dennis Dixon.:wink02:

Championship! :banging:

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
04-28-2008, 04:06 PM
criminals drafted in 08-

bengals - 1
steelers - 0

players demanding to be traded during draft-

bengals - 2
steelers - 0

advantage: steelers

Tankus_Maximus
04-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Steelers > Bungles

Scoreboard.

revefsreleets
04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
With no one to throw to, and no one to block for him, how long do you think it will be before Palmer is demanding a trade?

I bet that offer the Steelers made TJ a couple years ago looks awful appealing to him about now.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-29-2008, 08:03 AM
And Eric Steinbach and Matthias Askew and AJ Nicholson...but they did get kicked off the team, just like the Steelers did with Cedrick Wilson. What I'm getting at, is these other guys are still on the roster.

"I know I`m not perfect and I don`t live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." -Bob Marley

The point is your Steelers aren't all little choir boys either. They have just as many people with criminal flags as the Bengals right now, yet some people want to point fingers and laugh at the Bengals while looking the other way when one of their players gets in trouble.

...and you keep forgetting that the REASON you dont have those players is that the media and the Commish scrubbed out that Toilet Bowl you call a team and flushed out some of the turds.
...If Marvin "the Tidy Bowl Man" Lewis had his way...he would claim the rights to Rae Carruth.

***and for the record..Steinbech didnt get kicked off the team....Cleveland payed his bail and got him out****

43Hitman
04-29-2008, 07:30 PM

I can't speak for the rest of the board, but I really would have liked him on our team. He's got a motor and always seems to be in position. Good pick IMO.

lilyoder6
04-29-2008, 08:16 PM
if tj would of accepted the deal he would of a ring :o

Hobbes
04-29-2008, 10:41 PM
do they play jailhouse rock when the bengals take the field at home????

:sofunny::sofunny::tt:

Galax Steeler
04-30-2008, 04:22 AM
They might even play he's in the jailhouse now.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-30-2008, 04:42 AM
Championship! :banging:

:chuckle:

Please...I know a Bengal fan isnt trying to give us advise of winning a championship!:doh:

I'd just as soon get abstinence advise from Paris Hilton.

HometownGal
04-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Please...I know a Bengal fan isnt trying to give us advise of winning a championship!:doh:

I'd just as soon get abstinence advise from Paris Hilton.

LMAO!!!! :rofl::rofl:

TackleMeBen
04-30-2008, 07:00 AM
They might even play he's in the jailhouse now.

that reminds of a song on brad paisley's 5th gear CD, called hey hey mr. policeman...lol.. its a funny song. .and he ends up in the jailhouse..:sofunny:. sounds like a song for the bengals. :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-30-2008, 04:12 PM
You know what CS85, the Bengals should have passed on this guy because Goodell said he's gonna come down hard on teams that keep aquiring players with off the field trouble.

It's one thing when you draft a guy that seems like a character guy, and then he does something totally stupid.

Your Bengals had 12 player arrests in a span of 14 months. I would assume that they are high on Goodell's list of teams that could lose draft picks due to such behavior, and drafting this guy probally wasn't very smart.

I'm not trying to bust on your team, but in the grand scheme of Goodell's plans for cleaning up the league of criminals (but not cheaters, a la the Patriots), you guys may end up in trouble for drafting a guy with this much baggage.

Heck, probally the only reason Chris Henry was cut was because he's more than likley gonna end up suspended again.

Tankus_Maximus
04-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Los Bengals se comen mierda!!

Pinche putos pendejos!!!!

tony hipchest
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Los Bengals se comen mierda!!

Pinche putos pendejos!!!!:toofunny:

orale vato! :tt03:

i dont know "rack him" en espanol, but....racko himo!!!!

Galax Steeler
05-01-2008, 04:14 AM
that reminds of a song on brad paisley's 5th gear CD, called hey hey mr. policeman...lol.. its a funny song. .and he ends up in the jailhouse..:sofunny:. sounds like a song for the bengals. :chuckle:

There is alot of good songs that could fit the bungholes.

Tankus_Maximus
05-01-2008, 10:09 AM
HORALE!!!! VIVA LOS STEELERS!!!!

LOS BENGALS SE CHUPA PITO!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-01-2008, 11:21 AM
"Dos cosas. El Henrio de Chris ha sido forma cortada el equipo y estoy faltando mi carpeta y coche."
-Marvin Lewis

***Translation***

Two things. Chris Henry has been cut from the team and I am missing my wallet and car.
-Marvin Lewis

stillers4me
05-01-2008, 11:50 AM
"Dos cosas. El Henrio de Chris ha sido forma cortada el equipo y estoy faltando mi carpeta y coche."
-Marvin Lewis

***Translation***

Two things. Chris Henry has been cut from the team and I am missing my wallet and car.
-Marvin Lewis

:applaudit: