PDA

View Full Version : philadelphia and p. burress

tony hipchest
11-08-2005, 10:25 AM
you think they regret not signing him in the off season now? i thought he wouldve been perfect there, and made their offense deadly and been a good insurance policy if t.o. acted up or got hurt. they probably couldve got him cheaper than the giants too. his antics are a drop in the bucket compared to t.o. atleast i can understand how he felt going to camp on mothers day after his mom died. who the hell can understand anything t.o. does.

i think the giants made one hell of a signing, especially for eli's development. steelerfans must remember that plex was left open for free agency, not because he wasnt good enough, but actually too good for what we could afford at the time. we should get a nice 3rd round compensetory pick for him though.

I.C. Lights
11-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Yes, plax is turning out to be good for the giants, but he can change at any moment and the jury's still out on his post season performace. As for philly, he would have been completely incompatible with TO. Eagles probably would have been better off getting rid of TO and just signing plax!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2005, 11:36 PM
I dont really think we'd be any better off w/ Plax in the lineup, I honestly dont. Sure we could use his height, but he's just way too inconsistent w/ us to be THAT much of a benefit. Ward is having a good year, El is playing well, and we have some good depth w/ Morgan, Washington, and Wilson..even if he does ***** alittle.

bangpow
11-12-2005, 11:47 PM
I think it would make a difference if Plaxico was still on the Steelers. Defenses couldn't just key on Ward all game because Plax was a nice deep threat with some wheels. Randle El is at his best when he's in the slot, I think he's out of place playing on the outside. I hope Morgan continues to contribute and maybe take the #2 WR spot so Randle El can roam around the middle of the field.

TasmanianTroy271
11-13-2005, 01:38 AM
I know Plax is producing in NY, but he produced for us too right after he began to start for us. 2 1000 yard seasons, and as his contract began to wear down, so did he. Once it came down to him or Hines, I think the organization made the right choice. Plax never really had the Steeler "put-it-all-on-the-line" mentality and Hines was the more reliable reciever. Plax'll do well in NY as long as he knows his paycheck's gonna keep coming.

And I do agree the El seems like he'd do alot better in the Slot. Throw Quincy and Cedric in at #2 and see how they do. I'm sure Ced'd seize the chance, due to his b!tching, and only time will tell what nate can bring to the table.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2005, 01:54 AM
Cedric being hurt hasnt helped his chances either for more playing time.. but w/ Heath really coming on as a huge threat, there just isnt always enough passes to go around..but Wilson seems to be only one *****ing about it.. kinda sounds like plax huh!

Prosdo
11-13-2005, 01:55 AM
Didn't he recently complain again in an article to the post-gazette?

hicksfan
11-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Plaxico Burress with a good attitude is one of the premier WR's in the league, and capable of achieving anything. Plaxico Burress with a shitty attitude is cancer.

Fortunately for the Giants, Plaxico is still focusing his shitty side towards the Steelers. It's very easy for him to play focused, good football and look back and laugh. This is still the honeymoon period from that aspect.

Let a ball bounce off his shoulder in the endzone during a critical game, let a few boo's fill his ears and we'll see how hard he wants to make everyone happy in New York.

It's all just a matter of time.

clevestinks
11-13-2005, 09:12 AM
I really din`t give Pax much credit, but he has seem to pick it up a notch. Maybe he was getting the message , or he just wanted to be the No.1 rec.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Plaxico Burress with a good attitude is one of the premier WR's in the league, and capable of achieving anything. Plaxico Burress with a shitty attitude is cancer.

Fortunately for the Giants, Plaxico is still focusing his shitty side towards the Steelers. It's very easy for him to play focused, good football and look back and laugh. This is still the honeymoon period from that aspect.

Let a ball bounce off his shoulder in the endzone during a critical game, let a few boo's fill his ears and we'll see how hard he wants to make everyone happy in New York.

It's all just a matter of time.

:iagree: :iagree:

and to me that shows just the exact reason we got rid of him.. if cant have it his way, he whines and takes his toys and goes home.. They'll find out; Plax didnt just mysteriously have a huge change of heart over this offseason Im sure.

hicksfan
11-13-2005, 10:56 AM
:iagree: :iagree:

and to me that shows just the exact reason we got rid of him.. if cant have it his way, he whines and takes his toys and goes home.. They'll find out; Plax didnt just mysteriously have a huge change of heart over this offseason Im sure.

As well, I don't see the Giants fans having unconditional love for him forever. All it takes is a seed of negativity, and he will dwell on it.

When that happens, the weather will change between him a Coughlin. I don't see him babying Plax like he needs.