PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless said we had the best draft

jjpro11
04-28-2008, 02:40 PM
i almost spit out my drink when i heard it. he said mendenhall and sweed were studs and that sweed was the best receiver in the draft.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Skip Bayless is a jerk. He probably said it in reaction to a question from a Browns fan or something like that.

He likes to take a contrary point just so people can disagree with him and he can then fill time in his show. He makes Mark Madden look like an optimist. Honestly,
Bayless and his act are so contrived and old that its unfortunate he gets airtime.

I'll believe more in something I read in the national enquirer more than what comes out of Bayless mouth.

OneForTheToe
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
My god, we are screwed.

rbryan
04-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Great, if thats not the kiss of death I don't know what is.

Hines0wnz
04-28-2008, 03:10 PM

hehe.....exactly what I was thinking. :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
04-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Absolutly corrrect

Elvis
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
:noidea:
Now I really think that the Chiefs on paper had the best draft. But only time will tell about how good our draft was. I look at it this way.
RB Mendenhall is gonna be a very nice selection and a great change of pace for Willie. This is gonna pay very big dividends for Willie and him not having to carry the ball over 300 times again.
WR Sweed I hope will come in here and be our 3rd reciever this season and within the next 3 years or sooner, he should be our #2 guy with Holmes as our feature reciever. Blayless had Sweed as his #1 all the way up to the draft, so take that as U wish.
LB Davis is a project but you cant argue the stats he had at UCLA, the guy just sacks the QB.
OT Hills was taken a little late for the Steelers to get help here, this pick could be the worst pick for the Steelers in '08
QB Dixon= The All-New "Flash" He will be exciting to watch with all the gadget plays the Steelers like to use... I just cant wait to see the DIxon walking off the field with all the linemen still lined up and see how many TO's will be taken not knowing what is going on and the ball is snapped directly to Parker or Mendenhall or Moore.
Humpel and Mundy maybe can give us some special teams play and depth.
Grade:B

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Other than Wilson throwing for a 2pt convert last season.....there were no "gadget plays".

I believe you are looking for Arizona or Atlanta....thats where all the Mularkey, Whisenhunt and Tomfoolery went to a couple seasons ago.

Hines0wnz
04-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Other than Wilson throwing for a 2pt convert last season.....there were no "gadget plays".

I believe you are looking for Arizona or Atlanta....thats where all the Mularkey, Whisenhunt and Tomfoolery went to a couple seasons ago.

And with Randle El to the Skins.

Dino 6 Rings
04-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I think we had the best draft, because each person we drafted has the chance to wear the Black and Gold...and that my friends, is the best possible situation for any football player.

Rhee Rhee
04-28-2008, 04:09 PM
i believe our draft has the talent and ability to become one the best draft class this year HOWEVER it also has the chance to become a major bust with every pick...

a lot of IFs and BUTs with every pick...

austinfrench76
04-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I love this forum to argue point and counterpoint but, to say ANYTHING "for sure" about this draft will take 2 years minimum. I mean, there are folks on this site calling Timmons a bust, A BUST?!?! The guy was injured and never quite caught on last year. We got some skill players yesterday that are game changers, in college. So, let's just be excited that the Steelers didn't have to reach to get value.

Steelman16
04-29-2008, 01:18 AM
I think we had the best draft, because each person we drafted has the chance to wear the Black and Gold...and that my friends, is the best possible situation for any football player.

You sir, are an absolute genius! :drink:

LVSteelersfan
04-29-2008, 01:33 AM
You sir, are an absolute genius! :drink:

I concur with that statement wholeheartedly. The Black and Gold is the pinnacle for any player to strive for.

lilyoder6
04-29-2008, 10:59 AM
that is true.. i do like that most of our picks can make the team.. w/ other late rounders of teams.. they rarely make the team.. some teams that draft late might not rly need the perswon.. i mean look at NE last yr.. they only signed 1 rookie from the draft...

BettisFan
04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
he said we did have the best draft because we did have the best draft!

drew102e
04-30-2008, 10:34 PM
too bad bayless is a total dbag

BettisFan
04-30-2008, 10:41 PM

dude hes a baller on his show dont hate

NJarhead
04-30-2008, 10:48 PM

:applaudit: :tt02:

lilyoder6
04-30-2008, 11:19 PM
skip is da shit on 1st take and the 4 downs..

stlrtruck
05-01-2008, 08:35 AM

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.

Skip Bayless is, IMHO, in the same book as Peter King - idiot savant!

fansince'76
05-01-2008, 10:01 AM
dude hes a baller on his show dont hate

Yep, never mind his assertion that the 4th and 5th all-time leading rushers in NFL history (Curtis Martin and the Bus, respectively) don't deserve any consideration for the HoF whatsoever, besides all his other ridiculous musings. Bayless is a tool and he always has been.

Michael Keller
05-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Have you ever asked yourself "why do you care about what Skip Bayless , Mel Kiper, Peter King, Mortenson, Et al think about the Pittsburh Steelers.

Quite frankly I am far more interested in what my fellow fans think about Pittsburrgh Steelers.

Rygor
05-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Skip Bayless may be an idiot, but a lot of people, myself included, would agree that the Steelers had one of the best drafts. The Chiefs might have had the best draft, but the Steelers have to be up there in the Top 3.

stlrtruck
05-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Have you ever asked yourself "why do you care about what Skip Bayless , Mel Kiper, Peter King, Mortenson, Et al think about the Pittsburh Steelers.

Quite frankly I am far more interested in what my fellow fans think about Pittsburrgh Steelers.

I tend to ignore them all. Unfortunately, I have no choice but to hear some of these guys because every once in awhile they actually have some kind of useful information about the Steelers.

Here in Tampa, in order to get Steelers news it's either SteelersFever, Steelers Digest, Steelers.com, or ESPN.

memphissteelergirl
05-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Skip Bayless actually liked something the Steelers did???

That cloud of dust you see on the horizon are the 4 Horsemen of the Apocolypse approaching....

:chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Most people put us in the top three best drafts....with KC and Miami being the other two teams.

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 03:19 PM
kc had 13 picks.. i would hope they got good talent... i mean u had to at least get some right

tunes4life
05-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Skip Bayless and Mark Maden both have opinions that mean about as much as the small ball of lint that I pull out of my belly button once in while. Given the choice between the two, I'd take the lint.

His opinions are based on things he knows will get the biggest rise out of his audience.

iDash
05-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Skip is right for once!

Stlrs4Life
05-02-2008, 04:35 PM
:noidea:
Now I really think that the Chiefs on paper had the best draft. But only time will tell about how good our draft was. I look at it this way.
RB Mendenhall is gonna be a very nice selection and a great change of pace for Willie. This is gonna pay very big dividends for Willie and him not having to carry the ball over 300 times again.
WR Sweed I hope will come in here and be our 3rd reciever this season and within the next 3 years or sooner, he should be our #2 guy with Holmes as our feature reciever. Blayless had Sweed as his #1 all the way up to the draft, so take that as U wish.
LB Davis is a project but you cant argue the stats he had at UCLA, the guy just sacks the QB.
OT Hills was taken a little late for the Steelers to get help here, this pick could be the worst pick for the Steelers in '08
QB Dixon= The All-New "Flash" He will be exciting to watch with all the gadget plays the Steelers like to use... I just cant wait to see the DIxon walking off the field with all the linemen still lined up and see how many TO's will be taken not knowing what is going on and the ball is snapped directly to Parker or Mendenhall or Moore.
Humpel and Mundy maybe can give us some special teams play and depth.
Grade:B

And Dolphins.

88espy07
05-17-2008, 11:00 AM
o man you guys have problems. skip is awesome, one of my favorite sports analysts. Yea some of his ideas are pretty crazy, but hearing most people say the same old crap gets old. i love when he talks about lebrons shooting ability.

HughC
05-18-2008, 10:01 PM
As much as I am glad to hear an analyst say that, I'm not excited that it was Skip Bayless. The guy has for a long time taken the opposing view just to be different. I'm not even sure he's confident in what he says, he has to read his view points off index cards as if they were written by someone else. I would rather have heard the same thing from Jaworski or Mortensen.