PDA

View Full Version : DT and CB Not Addressed....

SteelFist
04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that, because we were unable to address the DT (DE) and CB positions in the draft, that we will pursue DT Anthony McFarland (if healthy) and Ty Law. We may even make an offer to the Eagles for Lito Sheppard....although signing Lito may be a long shot.

Tomlin and Colbert brought in many CB's for predraft visits and I just don't think they're done yet. And Tomlin has stated that they will continue to monitor McFarland's health status. So if he's healthy I can definitely see him in B&G.

TheWarDen86
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that, because we were unable to address the DT (DE) and CB positions in the draft, that we will pursue DT Anthony McFarland (if healthy) and Ty Law. We may even make an offer to the Eagles for Lito Sheppard....although signing Lito may be a long shot.

Tomlin and Colbert brought in many CB's for predraft visits and I just don't think they're done yet. And Tomlin has stated that they will continue to monitor McFarland's health status. So if he's healthy I can definitely see him in B&G.

I don't think we can afford L. Sheppard. I believe Ty is a stretch and I would have said the same for Booger but we've already had him in. I don't think we're that hard up for a CB this year. As far as DE, I think our need is more depth and future. I'm mainly concerned with LT myself. I hope Smith can hold out a little longer.

fansince'76
04-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm mainly concerned with LT myself. I hope Smith can hold out a little longer.

Same here - back problems tend to not only linger, but get progressively worse over time.

TheWarDen86
04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Same here - back problems tend to not only linger, but get progressively worse over time.

Yes they do. Like Jerome, I'd like to see the guy be able to walk on his power in 20 years as well.

Godfather
04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't think we can afford L. Sheppard. I believe Ty is a stretch and I would have said the same for Booger but we've already had him in. I don't think we're that hard up for a CB this year. As far as DE, I think our need is more depth and future. I'm mainly concerned with LT myself. I hope Smith can hold out a little longer.

Exactly. We can get at least one more good year out of Townsend, and we have several good young players in the defensive backfield. We aren't exactly the Saints.

Mistah_Q
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
I think we're good in the secondary, but McFarland would be a perfect pickup right now. . if he's healthy, that is.

jjpro11
04-29-2008, 01:04 AM
i do agree that i think tomlin plans to bring booger in when he's healthy.. but i dont believe we will pursue any CBs. we are just fine right now with taylor, townsend, mcfadden, and gay.

Galax Steeler
04-29-2008, 03:38 AM
I can see gay really stepping up this year and being a solid player and if mcfarland gets healthy and we can land him we will be ok this year.

BlastFurnace
04-29-2008, 06:22 AM

Bringing in another 30+ old D'lineman, who can't even pass a physical, is not the answer....neither is a 34 year old cornerback...soon to be safety. Law is going to sign with the Patriots anyway.

If the Steelers bring in McFarland, it's a bad signing. We have problems with our D'Line and the Steelers have failed miserably to address it.

Steeldude
04-29-2008, 08:47 AM
We have problems with our D'Line and the Steelers have failed miserably to address it.

that's ok, the steelers have mendenhall to fix it:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Got no cap room to pursue anybody unless they lighten Starks cap hit by giving him an extension. I dont see CB as an issue as much as DE.

lilyoder6
04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
i mean u are not going to be able to address evrything u need in 1 single draft unless u have like 13 picks (KC) to use.. and i still don't think they got all the players/pos they need to help the team out.. they didn't even replace jared allen w/ anyone

LVSteelersfan
04-29-2008, 09:57 AM
that's ok, the steelers have mendenhall to fix it:chuckle:

So will it now be Mendenhall's fault instead of Willie??????? :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

steelreserve
04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
We needed to draft more defensive backs? We have like 20 of those guys.

Dino 6 Rings
04-29-2008, 11:35 AM
but i dont believe we will pursue any CBs. we are just fine right now with taylor, townsend, mcfadden, and gay.

BINGO!!!

:thumbsup: