PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward/ Willie Parker

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Has anyone found an interview with either Hines Ward or Willie Parkers reaction to pick 1 and 2.
Or even Roethlisberger?

Please post them here if you find any.
Thanks

The_WARDen
04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Don't know about Willie but Ward will probably feel disrespected.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM

I too could see Ward feeling disrespected. I dont know why though......He's not in jeopardy of losing his job.......And we really do need another WR.

Dino 6 Rings
04-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Ward is beyond the point of feeling disrespected, he showed that when we drafted Holmes in the 1st round and actually moved up to get him. With his "boy" Cedric off the team, I'm sure Ward is happy to know there is another capable guy on the roster to open up the defense and prevent double teams on him every single 3rd down.

BettisFan
04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
lol disrespected well it was going to happen soon or later he isnt getting any younger he is a great player but we needed a taller Wideout and this was the right time.

steelreserve
04-29-2008, 12:31 PM

Oh no, please don't give me any competent help at my job. I'd rather try to do everything myself just so I can look better by comparison.

See, there's a reason we don't pick guys like that to be on the team.

Preacher
04-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Ward is beyond the point of feeling disrespected, he showed that when we drafted Holmes in the 1st round and actually moved up to get him. With his "boy" Cedric off the team, I'm sure Ward is happy to know there is another capable guy on the roster to open up the defense and prevent double teams on him every single 3rd down.

Actually not. I think, when we picked HOlmes, there was a dustup about it. Though a lot of it has to do with the way the receiver treats Ward. If Ward is asked questions and sought out, he doesn't have a problem, but when Ward's hand is slapped down.. he usually whines about it.

Elvis
04-29-2008, 04:40 PM
A buddy of mine and myself were sitting here watching the draft, he is a Dolphins fan:rofl:. But I told him after we drafted Sweed 2nd overall that Hines would be crying about it. I just hope that Sweed can sweet talk him a little and get on his good side early. This could end up being a Very Dangerous Trio.
:tt02:

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 04:41 PM
if you want a quote from ben you will probably have to hunt him down on a golf course.. lol

and ward is probably soaking b/c ben got his way with a tall WR..lol

19ward86
04-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Ben texted limas sweed right after he was drafted.

Dino 6 Rings
04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Actually not. I think, when we picked HOlmes, there was a dustup about it. Though a lot of it has to do with the way the receiver treats Ward. If Ward is asked questions and sought out, he doesn't have a problem, but when Ward's hand is slapped down.. he usually whines about it.

Sorry Preach but I have to believe that Ward has got to be past all that crap. I understood why he was upset back when we took some of our WR busts, and even when we took Plax, but he's established as "the man" and the hands we need in big spots. He's the #1 receiver we have, he knows it, he's lost some speed but still makes great plays when called upon. He's got his ring, got his MVP trophy and will in all likelyhood, Retire a Steeler when we start doing the re-negotiate thing with him year to year til he feels done.

Sweed and Holmes just make Ward that much better. He'll not get double teamed as often and will still be jacking blocks down field on D-backs that forgot he's Hines Ward.

JanBr7
04-29-2008, 06:04 PM
And before the draft, Willie was completely in favor of the team drafting a second running back. He said it would be good for the offense and would extend his career. He's a team guy, and he's not having a problem with it.

You know Ben is pumped with Limas and Rasheed being added. He's been happy with the o-line all along, and he's gonna love the new weapons. As for Hines....who cares, he'll deal with it. He always does.

No interviews yet though -- I'd 've seen them.

therocksteeler
04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
lol disrespected well it was going to happen soon or later he isnt getting any younger he is a great player but we needed a taller Wideout and this was the right time.

Agreed, as longtime fan I've seen them come and go. But one thing is undeniable that Ward is amazing in his position and he knows it. The Steelers front office knows he is a corner stone. But remember this in the NFL.... time + fame = fleeting....

lilyoder6
04-29-2008, 09:08 PM
i doubt fwp would be disrespected b/c he even said it would be nice to draft a rb to take some of the load off of him.. hines should know he is getting old and we were going to find a replacement sooner or later

Jman
04-29-2008, 09:10 PM
He's not in jeopardy of losing his job.......And we really do need another WR.

:iagree:

Jman
04-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Sweed and Holmes just make Ward that much better. He'll not get double teamed as often and will still be jacking blocks down field on D-backs that forgot he's Hines Ward.

:laughing: TRUE!