PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RB Priest Holmes to retire as early as tommorow?

SteveRobWhatever
11-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Source: NBC Affiliate in KC [ Full Article (http://www.gridironfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=15353) ]

At 10 PM Central NBC News led off with a story about news on RB Priest Holmes. Jack Harry, Sports Director for that station reported that he spoke with two higher sources within the Chiefs organization and they have said that Priest Holmes indeed may retire as early as tomorrow. In Florida today, Holmes was getting a 3rd opinion on the hit he took from SD DE Shawn Merriman two weeks ago. Apparently what has been found is a lump on or within Priest's spine and if he were to take one more big hit, he could face paralysis.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2005, 09:19 AM
I had heard that he was questionable for this week and after that last hit they didnt know when he might return .,. but damn, I didnt know it was THIS bad...

Good luck priest, lets hope its nothing major and you'll be back on the field soon.

clevestinks
11-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Good Luck and God Bless.

Suitanim
11-09-2005, 10:51 AM
I hate to be the first to say it, but this really helps my fantasy football team and redeems my 5th round Larry Johnson pick.

I hope Priest is back next year though...

clevestinks
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
I hate to be the first to say it, but this really helps my fantasy football team and redeems my 5th round Larry Johnson pick.

I hope Priest is back next year though...

I am the opposite. Lost priest, and Willie is Questionable, i`m hurtin.

But I cant be selfish, he is better off healthy.

Prosdo
11-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Good luck and hope all goes well!

RoethlisBURGHer
11-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Damn that sucks,Priest is one of the classiest guys in the league,and one of my favorite non-Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Priest is done for the year, larry johnson takes over.. but the chiefs say the injuries arent career threatening.