PDA

View Full Version : Will Najeh make it to the roster?

Jman
04-29-2008, 08:05 PM
With Mendenhall and Parker (:applaudit:) in the backfield, who thinks Najeh might get cut?

The Duke
04-29-2008, 08:22 PM
honestly, I have a feeling they'll keep him on the team and let him finish his contract, then he leaves for another team next season

but there's actually no need for him with willie and rachard, plus russell and moore seem promising

TackleMeBen
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
if they hadnt signed moore, i would say yes he would. but with moore, i am not too sure he will make it.

Steelerfreak58
04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Najeh had his shot last year to prove that he wasn't expendable. He did absolutely nothing with it. Moore and the rookie will push him out along with Russell.

SteelersMongol
04-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I hope he stays at least 4 another season.

BettisFan
04-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Najeh had his shot last year to prove that he wasn't expendable. He did absolutely nothing with it. Moore and the rookie will push him out along with Russell.

I agree with you, with moore as a KR running back and Mendenhall as a back who will split with Willie thats already 3 we wont have najeh.

TheWarDen86
04-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Parker, Mendenhall, Moore and (FB) Davis. Not so sure if there's room for him (or his salary) If they decided to keep one more RB I'm sure it would be Russell for financial purposes. But even he might give way to a special teams ace or something. I did like Najeh though, and I'm sure he'd get picked up pretty quick.....Patriots?

Jman
04-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Patriots?

:chuckle: Good point. They usually pick up who we let go of.

Interesting points guys. I brought it up because I don't think he will be on the roster. I'm thinking Sweed and Mendenhall will get good deals and the club will look to cut whoever they can. Najeh did have his shot last year and I don't think he stepped in with a bang. Davis might get it simply for the $$$ and age factors.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Dookie won't be on the roster. He had a chance last year when Willie went down for the season to prove that he could be a capable backup...and he showed that he isn't capable.

JanBr7
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Najeh doesn't make it. He had a chance to prove himself in '07, and our running tallies stank. They are not likely to keep Mendenhall AND Najeh, and Najeh has given them too much trouble in the press (even though he was exonerated, it's still out there) and not enough production on the field.

He won't be on the team.

cubanstogie
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
With Mendenhall and Parker (:applaudit:) in the backfield, who thinks Najeh might get cut?

I don't see how they could possibly keep Najeh. The writing was on the wall with the FA signing of Moore and spending a #1 on Mendenhall seals the deal in my opinion. I could see Mendenhall being the starter early in season, with Willie being a huge big play threat later in game with fresh legs. Moore a 3rd and long back, that doesn't leave any role for Davenport. Too many young guys with Davis and Russell as well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-29-2008, 09:55 PM
I agree with you, with moore as a KR running back and Mendenhall as a back who will split with Willie thats already 3 we wont have najeh.

My thoughts exactly. Moore is the 3rd down back too.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I think Dookie will be flushed......Moore has value as a return man is an excellent receiver out of the backfield....Of course Parker and Mendenhall will make the team....Cary Davis will be the FB...I only see these four back making the team.....If they keep five back then Dookie will battle Gary Russell for the 5th spot...I really don't think there is no need to keep 5 backs....

SteelerFanInATL
04-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Special Teams??????? He was a return man before he came here. He has the size for S/T's.

Edman
04-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Pretty much no. He has proven he can't carry the load without Willie doing the work.

He's good for a few plays here and there, but he's proven he's expendable. Our running game fell apart once Willie went down.

He can take Willie Reid with him.

BettisFan
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Special Teams??????? He was a return man before he came here. He has the size for S/T's.

i dont think dookie would be even in our top 3 option to return for us

Galax Steeler
04-30-2008, 03:32 AM
I think dookie is gone this year as well we will have to free up some cap dollars wherever we can.

Elvis
04-30-2008, 05:18 AM
I am starting to feel the same way about Najeh as I did before we released Deuce Staley. I just havent seen him on the sidelines in his jogging pants yet.
YES, I think he should be gone.:tt02:

Kaeg
04-30-2008, 05:42 AM
I thought he had potential, but hasn't lived up to it. Had some nice carries as back up, but fell flat when asked to carry the load. I just don't see him making it this year with us.

AKSteeler
04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
:chuckle: Good point. They usually pick up who we let go of.

Patriots? No, they won't pick him up. You know who will get him..."Steelers .jr"... the Cardinals...they seem to grab all our rejects. They don't have an original idea amidst all their staff...

They sit around asking, "WWSD?" (What Would Steelers Do?)

Aussie_steeler
04-30-2008, 07:03 AM
He couldnt handle 3rd and goal so unfortunately it is now 4th and gone.

ShutDown24
04-30-2008, 07:21 AM
With Moore on the team, add Davenport's off the field issues - I don't see anyway he stays.

atlsteelers
04-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Not a chance - they may cut him real soon to give him a chance to land with another team..

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Najeh has proven to be a load....but his inability to move the pile will probably lead to his getting dumped. Part of that is due his crappy physique, and his getting pooped way to early.

Davison_K
04-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Najeh has proven to be a load....but his inability to move the pile will probably lead to his getting dumped. Part of that is due his crappy physique, and his getting pooped way to early.

:toofunny: I agree... Najeh is gone.

Counselor
04-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Top Four are almost shoe-ins
Parker
Mendenhall
Moore
Davis

The fifth spot will be between Russell and Davenport---my guess is they keep the youth.

Steelerfreak58
04-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Top Four are almost shoe-ins
Parker
Mendenhall
Moore
Davis

The fifth spot will be between Russell and Davenport---my guess is they keep the youth.

Not to mention Russell is just plain out more cost effective. That is the major point they will save money with Najeh cut.

Steelerfreak58
04-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Patriots? No, they won't pick him up. You know who will get him..."Steelers .jr"... the Cardinals...they seem to grab all our rejects. They don't have an original idea amidst all their staff...

Can't blame them if the Cardinals can do half of what our Steelers do that will be a huge improvement for them over the last 20 years of failure for them. Wiz is smart he knows what worked in Steel land and is trying to copy that format. The highest form of compliment is imitation.

LVSteelersfan
04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Dookie is OUTA THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry. He had flashes of brilliance here and there but was pretty much non-existant when we needed him the most. There is no upside to his game that makes him worth keeping.

ChronoCross
04-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Najeh will be a cap hit after 6-1

rdsovchen
04-30-2008, 11:27 AM

I'm thinking they should put him on a high caloric diet, gaining at least 100 lbs, and then have him compete for a spot on the O-line.:rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Najeh will be a cap hit after 6-1

So does that mean if we cut him prior to 6-1 it doesn't effect our Cap for the 08 season?

lilyoder6
04-30-2008, 12:13 PM
i think we should try and trade him to a team 4 a draft pick.. idc what the pick is but at least we tried to get something from him.. send to maimi or chi.. a team that needs a another rb..

BaddBoi70
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Najeh doesn't seem to fit what the Steelers are trying to "coin" as their new offensive schemes. Plus, he isn't on Special Teams and therefore is expendable. Plus, we need to make a youth movement with our team

Line-up will consist of:
Parker
Mendenhall
Davis (Special Teams standout this year '08)
Russell (Youth)

steelreserve
04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Well, he's costing us almost $1 million against the salary cap, and it looks like if we keep him, he won't even get on the field. You figure it out.

Hannity_on_Holmes
04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
i always thought he was awesome for catching that deep-ass bomb during the pats game this season.
It was a game where a lot of tension was in the air because of what anthony smith said, and that pass to Najeh was just one of the insults we threw at em that game. It was right after the pats scored too.

but one bomb simply isnt enough.
From the sound of it, Moore and Rashard have proven themselves somewhat..
But nobody has mentioned how none of these runningbacks seem to complement willies style [except for Najeh]. When i think running depth, i think of thunder and lightning, the bear and the cheetah, bettis and willie, jacobs and ward, that sort of thing.
I really hope we havent seen the end of Najeh.
Peace Doookie, thou will be missed.

lilyoder6
04-30-2008, 06:21 PM
poor najah.. it was fun while u were here.. but he couldn't make up his mind if he was either a quick rb or a pounder... oh well wonder which team if he is let go picks him up( i think we should trade him)

BettisFan
04-30-2008, 06:44 PM
dooooooookie yea mabey practice squad

Hypocycloid
04-30-2008, 07:00 PM
i think we should try and trade him to a team 4 a draft pick.. idc what the pick is but at least we tried to get something from him.. send to maimi or chi.. a team that needs a another rb..

I like Dookie but he didn't do anything special. The writing is on the wall.
Off Fields Issues
Salary Cap
Younger more talented backs on the team.

I don't think they could get anything for him in a trade. There was such a huge influx of new running backs and still Rhodes and Alexander are on the market for other teams including the Steelers if they wanted to pay a running back other than Davenport, but I don't think the Steelers would go in that direction. I still think they have some mileage left on their tires, I think Davenport is pretty done unless someone wanted a backup back that has sure hands for PR/KR duties.

HometownGal
04-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't think so. With Parker, Mendenhall, Moore, Davis and Russell, the Steelers really have no use for him at this point. I think it's safe to say that Pooper will be flushed.

BozMan
05-01-2008, 12:41 AM

WWSD - Not that bad of a question for other NFL teams to ask.

BozMan
05-01-2008, 12:47 AM
I thought Davenport, while not starting material, did a decent job when called upon, especially in the red zone. I remember him more often than not being able to jump over the pile and into the end zone.

That being said, I don't see how the Steelers have room for him in their future plans. They've picked up two backs this offseason (Moore and Mendenhall). I expect both Davenport and Kreider will be gone to make room for them. Both should be able to find work with other teams in the league.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-01-2008, 12:56 AM
The other more expensive option is that Kreider and Davis are out and
Parker, Moore, Mendenhall, Russell and Davenport make the team.

Davenport would serve as the FB.....expensive, but I really dont see him being any worse of a blocker than Davis and he is a better receiver from the backfield.

Galax Steeler
05-01-2008, 03:48 AM
I thought Davenport, while not starting material, did a decent job when called upon, especially in the red zone. I remember him more often than not being able to jump over the pile and into the end zone.

That being said, I don't see how the Steelers have room for him in their future plans. They've picked up two backs this offseason (Moore and Mendenhall). I expect both Davenport and Kreider will be gone to make room for them. Both should be able to find work with other teams in the league.

Yea kreider will probably be gone as well.

steelymcmatt
05-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Najeh doesn't seem to fit what the Steelers are trying to "coin" as their new offensive schemes. Plus, he isn't on Special Teams and therefore is expendable. Plus, we need to make a youth movement with our team

Line-up will consist of:
Parker
Mendenhall
Davis (Special Teams standout this year '08)
Russell (Youth)

You forgot Moore as the # 3 back for 3rd downs. I remember seeing him in the preseason last year and was very impressed.....

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 09:23 AM
dan is alrdy a fa.. i doubt we re-sign him and davis is our young fb.. najah will get the boot the fastest as he is the odd man out since basically all of his pos are taken.. back-up rb st player, etc..