PDA

View Full Version : Vets say they feel misled about GI benefits

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/29/new.gi.rally/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Cheated. Baited and switched. That's how veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan say they feel about military recruiters who sold them on how the GI Bill would benefit them.

Marine Todd Bowers did two tours in Iraq and returned to the United States to face student loan problems.

Soldiers, Marines and airmen, speaking at a Capitol Hill rally Tuesday, said they are not given enough funds from the bill to cover college expenses as they were promised.

Todd Bowers served two tours in Iraq.

"I came home proud, very proud of my service, with a Purple Heart on my chest and a Navy commendation medal with a 'V' for Valor," he told a crowd of veterans.

"But I didn't come back to the education I was expecting. I came back to three different types of student loans, two of which had gone to collections."

Najwa McQueen said she joined the Louisiana National Guard in 2004 on what she thought was a promise to help pay for her college education.

"They kind of sell you a dream," she said after the rally. "You think you're going to get all of this stuff, and in reality, you don't get that. I just kind of believed what my recruiter told me, which is not the truth."

McQueen left behind her husband and 18-month-old daughter in October 2004 and served 10 months in Iraq. After her service, she enrolled in college and found that her total benefits from the GI Bill would be $400 a month for four months, totaling $1,600. Her classes alone, she said, cost $1,000 each.
Don't Miss

The GI Bill was created in June 1944, when President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed into law the Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944. It was designed to help educate and train military veterans returning from WWII. According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, 7.8 million of 16 million troops who served in WWII received educational or vocational training from the GI Bill. Video Watch Bowers and others say they are disappointed with GI benefits »

Today, the benefits from the GI Bill cover about half of the national average cost of college including tuition, board and room. As of October 1, 2007, under the current GI Bill, the maximum for active-duty servicemen who were honorably discharged is $1,101 a month for 36 months to help cover tuition, room and board, and books. For reservists and National Guard members, the average is lower: typically $440 a month.

"Not even [enough to cover] community college," said Steven Henderson, a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Marine Corps reservist Evan Aanerud, who served in Iraq, enlisted right out of high school.

"After putting my life on the line for America, it would have been nice to be afforded the educational benefits we were led to expect," he said.

One of the early beneficiaries of the GI Bill was Petty Officer 3rd Class John Warner, who served in the Navy in WWII and went on to earn undergraduate and law degrees. The GI Bill covered both degrees in full at that time.

Warner is a U.S. senator from Virginia, and he spoke to the veterans at Tuesday's rally.

"I would not be privileged to have served now these 30 years in the United States Senate, and at one time chairman of the Armed Services Committee, had it not been this great nation giving me the opportunity through the GI Bill to receive that education, preparation and training," he said.

Warner is one of 58 senators co-sponsoring Sen. Jim Webb's Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act.

Webb's proposal is designed to dramatically expand educational benefits for military veterans. A version of the bill in the House has 241 co-sponsors. Covering active-duty National Guard troops and reservists, as well as other service members, it aims to cover the cost of the most expensive public in-state universities and a monthly housing stipend. Those who served on active duty for three or more months after September 11, 2001, would be eligible.

For private colleges with typically more expensive tuition fees, the bill seeks to match private schools' contributions over the course of four academic years.

"This is not a difficult concept. For all the people saying this is the new Greatest Generation, this is not a difficult thing. This is the easiest way to prove that," said Webb, a Virginia Democrat and Vietnam veteran.
advertisement

The new bill's cost is estimated at $2 billion. House Democrats are discussing a proposal to add Webb's bill and other domestic priorities to the Iraq War Spending Bill, according to several Democratic leadership aides.

President Bush warned Tuesday at a Rose Garden news conference that he would veto any additions to the bill.

NJarhead
04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Yep. As I stated earlier:

I would have made the same EXACT decision he did. The U.S. Army nor the VA are holding up thier end of the bargain for the kids that are coming home wounded or otherwise (i.e, condemned barracks, shotty and corrupt hospitals, courts martial following virtually every engagement and on and on). He has an opportunity to make millions and provide a future for himself in professional sports....something that most of us can only dream about. He's following HIS path, not yours and not mine, HIS. Anyone who says they'd rather go to combat than the NFL if faced with the same choice is a F&*$ing liar (period).

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-29-2008, 09:33 PM
The military treats the veterans like shit
Do you really think our fearless leader cares about any soldier?
Thats why when Clinton or Obama become president......ALL veterans will receive a "heros health card" (or similar name). and they will be able to receive healthcare from a doctor of their choice.........Not the shitty VA

GBMelBlount
04-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I am a big supporter of our vets. However I wonder if the Dem's introduced this bill (which I hear is full of other bull crap) knowing that Bush would have to veto it, despite the good things in it, and make the dem's appear like the vets friend in an election year.

NJarhead
04-29-2008, 09:38 PM
I wonder if the Dem's introduced this bill (which I hear is full of a lot of bull crap) knowing that Bush would have to veto it, despite the good things in it, and make the dem's LOOK like the vets friend in an election year.

How can you say that? Oh yeah, because it makes perfect sense. :doh:

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 09:44 PM
I am a big supporter of our vets. However I wonder if the Dem's introduced this bill (which I hear is full of other bull crap) knowing that Bush would have to veto it, despite the good things in it, and make the dem's appear like the vets friend in an election year.

Again, it's a sad commentary on our state of affairs politically when war vets are treated like a political football.

And no, I don't feel like anyone in the Republican Party gives a damn about us. I can tell you stories of bills that were proposed by the "military loving" conservatives that were killed before they could get any momentum.

Oh and by the way, the Republicans are still backing a measure that would keep military retirees from touching their retirement pay until they turn 61.

GBMelBlount
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Again, it's a sad commentary on our state of affairs politically when war vets are treated like a political football.

Now that is something I can agree with. Vets deserve better imo.

augustashark
04-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I guess the day will come where we can not blame every damn problem in this country on George W. Bush! Geesh. My grandmother was walking through the house and stubed her toe on the coffee table and instead of the normal SOB comment it was damn that GW Bush! LOL (made the last part up)

Btw, GOD Bless the Troops.

stlrtruck
04-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Doesn't matter what party the person is from, they want to use "would-be" voters during an election year and it's sad. And it's worse when they have to use the men and women who serve this country.

Why can't the people in DC make it simple? No additional addendums, just one bill - plan and simple, have it deal with one subject, "THE VETERANS!"

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 08:12 AM
I guess the day will come where we can not blame every damn problem in this country on George W. Bush! Geesh. My grandmother was walking through the house and stubed her toe on the coffee table and instead of the normal SOB comment it was damn that GW Bush! LOL (made the last part up)

Btw, GOD Bless the Troops.

:noidea:

I don't blame everything on him. I blame the problems he created on him.

:wave:

Have a great day.

stlrtruck
04-30-2008, 09:12 AM
:noidea:

I don't blame everything on him. I blame the problems he created on him.

:wave:

Have a great day.

And who do you blame for the problems he inherited?

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM

Oh yes, the mantra of all social conservatives.

"It's not our fault, we found it this way."

stlrtruck
04-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh yes, the mantra of all social conservatives.

"It's not our fault, we found it this way."

I see you have failed to answer my question. While I do believe that all President's leave behind both good and bad for the next in line, it amazes me the same want to blame the current President for all of it.

So are you still going to ignore my question?

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 11:08 AM

Name the problems you think he inherited and we'll talk about it.

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
I think all Vets need to Shut the FCK up and quit their complaining. I know plenty of Vietnam Vets, Korean War Vets, and even my recently passed away Great Uncle WWII Vet who got home, and instead of expecting someone to help them, got off their own arse and got jobs, with health benefits and were well taken care of. Sure, if you are injured during war time, you deserve the best treatment possible. But since the Government always goes with the lowest bidder, how can you expect the best possible treatment fromt he VA? And, since so many lazy, "my head hurts" crybaby Vets come home and want special treatment, when really, they could go get a job and just choice not to, they flood the VA Hospitals with false complaints and that sucks away money from the guys that have real needs. Oh, you have mental issues, welcome to AMERICA Mother EFFER where 80% of us have Mental Issues including Stress and ADD and whatever other freaking label you want to throw on it. Think cops have stress? Firefighters? doctors? teachers? Yeah...deal with it.

Reminds me of the Movie PATTON. The kid that was "scared" to go fight.

And yeah, I have had to deal with the VA, and I had a College GI Bill that I didn't use either, yep, waisted it away because I couldn't afford to go to school full time cause I was working. And you had to be a full time student at the time I got out in 94 to use it. So I got NOTHING. And guess what, I don't give a fck, cause I got up, off MY ARSE and did what a REAL MAN has to do, and that is get a JOB and DO MY PART to be a good active American. Started Pumping Gas, then worked for a company that makes Sludge Pumps, yeah, step up, and then I taught myself computers, and how to type on an old typewriter and worked my tail off to get where I am. I don't want hand outs, and don't expect them. The 2 screws in my left hand that mark me for life, provided by Uncle Sam after an injury on a Tank, I'm proud of. And I'm proud I served and don't want a Single Special Priveledge from MY Government. Other than Leave me alone to earn My Living.

Pick your socks up, tighten up your boots and FCKING DEAL WITH IT.

I'm so tired of the Panzy arse way people in our society want everything handed to them.

Take that. And go ahead question my partriotism all you effing want. I know when it all comes down what Flag I'll be flying at my house. I love America and I love my family and all the Vets that serve with pride and come home and get to work helping society, not milking it or expecting free hand outs.

Once again, if you are legitimately injured, then I hope and expect the Government to help you. but if you are crying about Stress, and crap like that. I feel nothing for you. You are no different then a welfare person that "could" work but choices not to in my book.

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I think all Vets need to Shut the FCK up and quit their complaining. I know plenty of Vietnam Vets, Korean War Vets, and even my recently passed away Great Uncle WWII Vet who got home, and instead of expecting someone to help them, got off their own arse and got jobs, with health benefits and were well taken care of. Sure, if you are injured during war time, you deserve the best treatment possible. But since the Government always goes with the lowest bidder, how can you expect the best possible treatment fromt he VA? And, since so many lazy, "my head hurts" crybaby Vets come home and want special treatment, when really, they could go get a job and just choice not to, they flood the VA Hospitals with false complaints and that sucks away money from the guys that have real needs. Oh, you have mental issues, welcome to AMERICA Mother EFFER where 80% of us have Mental Issues including Stress and ADD and whatever other freaking label you want to throw on it. Think cops have stress? Firefighters? doctors? teachers? Yeah...deal with it.

And yeah, I have had to deal with the VA, and I had a College GI Bill that I didn't use either, yep, waisted it away because I couldn't afford to go to school full time cause I was working. And you had to be a full time student at the time I got out in 94 to use it. So I got NOTHING. And guess what, I don't give a fck, cause I got up, off MY ARSE and did what a REAL MAN has to do, and that is get a JOB and DO MY PART to be a good active American. Started Pumping Gas, then worked for a company that makes Sludge Pumps, yeah, step up, and then I taught myself computers, and how to type on an old typewriter and worked my tail off to get where I am. I don't want hand outs, and don't expect them. The 2 screws in my left hand that mark me for life, provided by Uncle Sam after an injury on a Tank, I'm proud of. And I'm proud I served and don't want a Single Special Priveledge from MY Government. Other than Leave me alone to earn My Living.

I'm so tired of the Panzy arse way people in our society want everything handed to them.

Take that. And go ahead question my partriotism all you effing want. I know when it all comes down what Flag I'll be flying at my house. I love America and I love my family and all the Vets that serve with pride and come home and get to work helping society, not milking it or expecting free hand outs.

Once again, if you are legitimately injured, then I hope and expect the Government to help you. but if you are crying about Stress, and crap like that. I feel nothing for you. You are no different then a welfare person that "could" work but choices not to in my book.

You love America, yet you're proud ot buy products made in Pakistan.

Man I'm done with your crazy bullshit.

stlrtruck
04-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Name the problems you think he inherited and we'll talk about it.

Why do you have avoidance issues? I asked you a question about who you blame about inherited problems and you want to go down a rabbit trail - either that or you honestly believe that past presidents have left the oval office with something in this country messed up.

Either way, you've avoided the question. :doh:

So here you go I'll give you an example, but please answer the question don't take down a rabbit trail. Clinton never took force against terrorists that struck our soil (ie The USS Cole and various Embassies) - so terrorists didn't feel threatened anymore the way they did under Reagan. So who do you blame for that? Do you hold Clinton responsible for his ineffectiveness while in office? Or maybe you want to blame Reagan or Bush (the first one)?

So please, now that you have an example - WHO DO YOU BLAME FOR INHERITED PROBLEMS!!!???

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
You love America, yet you're proud ot buy products made in Pakistan.

Man I'm done with your crazy bullshit.

Although I do wear a couple shirts made in India, I don't recall ever buying any product made in Pakistan. Of coarse in a global economy, its tough to get exactly where what product I do purchase does come from. I think my Sony Bravia was made in Japan. My Chevy and Ford vehicles are made everywhere, but the money does stay in America for the most part. I did drive a 81 Honda Accord when I was younger, does that make me "crazy" or full of "bullshit"?

My shoes (I just checked) were made in China. Guess I hate my country now. Not sure where my ipod was made since it doesn't say. Hold one while I check to see where my Dell was made....yep...China...but the tissue box on my desk from when I had the Flu 2 weeks ago was made in the USA. The Pepsi Can too, it was made in NY. But my coffee mug, Chinese. Hold on, I'll look at the phone...Assembled in Mexico...wow...yet to find Pakistan. I'll keep checking...the CHAIR!!! hold on...Made in the USA, Patent Pending though. My aquafina bottle is from Kansas, way cool.

My wedding ring was custom made in America, but I could only guess where the actual gold came from.

Who's full of bullshit here ? What product did I buy from Pakistan again?

Preacher
04-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Although I do wear a couple shirts made in India, I don't recall ever buying any product made in Pakistan. Of coarse in a global economy, its tough to get exactly where what product I do purchase does come from. I think my Sony Bravia was made in Japan. My Chevy and Ford vehicles are made everywhere, but the money does stay in America for the most part. I did drive a 81 Honda Accord when I was younger, does that make me "crazy" or full of "bullshit"?

My shoes (I just checked) were made in China. Guess I hate my country now. Not sure where my ipod was made since it doesn't say. Hold one while I check to see where my Dell was made....yep...China...but the tissue box on my desk from when I had the Flu 2 weeks ago was made in the USA. The Pepsi Can too, it was made in NY. But my coffee mug, Chinese. Hold on, I'll look at the phone...Assembled in Mexico...wow...yet to find Pakistan. I'll keep checking...the CHAIR!!! hold on...Made in the USA, Patent Pending though. My aquafina bottle is from Kansas, way cool.

My wedding was custom made in America, but I could only guess where the actual gold came from.

Who's full of bullshit here ? What product did I buy from Pakistan again?

I just have this mental image of you actually going around checking everything.

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2008, 01:21 PM

yeah, the people on my row in my cubical land filled office were wondering what the heck I was doing when I flipped the chair over...:sofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
I just checked Pakistan's exports to the US, apparently a lot of it is apparel and house hold furnishings. Guess I'll be flipping my couch over tonight and checking the tags of my shirts. I know I bought some that were made in India, I did that on purpose cause, well...they have some pretty cool shirts and my Indian (asian) friends in the office dig it when I break out their styles.

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Why do you have avoidance issues? I asked you a question about who you blame about inherited problems and you want to go down a rabbit trail - either that or you honestly believe that past presidents have left the oval office with something in this country messed up.

Either way, you've avoided the question. :doh:

So here you go I'll give you an example, but please answer the question don't take down a rabbit trail. Clinton never took force against terrorists that struck our soil (ie The USS Cole and various Embassies) - so terrorists didn't feel threatened anymore the way they did under Reagan. So who do you blame for that? Do you hold Clinton responsible for his ineffectiveness while in office? Or maybe you want to blame Reagan or Bush (the first one)?

So please, now that you have an example - WHO DO YOU BLAME FOR INHERITED PROBLEMS!!!???

Conservatives.

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 01:36 PM

He's batshit crazy enough to do it too.

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2008, 01:44 PM
He's batshit crazy enough to do it too.

Damn right Skippy I am! (peanut butter also American made)

stlrtruck
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Conservatives.

So once again Jeremy you've avoided the question! :applaudit: Proving that you don't want to answer the question because you might have to actually blame your liberal cohorts for some of the problems this country is facing!!!

So are you ever going to answer the question or just avoid it?

You remind me of another person I know, unfortunately, that when a question was asked that he doesn't like he avoids the question tries to blow smoke over it only to find that the question is still there. :doh: :doh: :banging: :doh: :doh: :banging:

I'm glad you've been able to comprehend and communicate basic Q&A. :coffee:

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 02:10 PM
So once again Jeremy you've avoided the question! :applaudit: Proving that you don't want to answer the question because you might have to actually blame your liberal cohorts for some of the problems this country is facing!!!

So are you ever going to answer the question or just avoid it?

You remind me of another person I know, unfortunately, that when a question was asked that he doesn't like he avoids the question tries to blow smoke over it only to find that the question is still there. :doh: :doh: :banging: :doh: :doh: :banging:

I'm glad you've been able to comprehend and communicate basic Q&A. :coffee:

I remind you of John McCain?

You really want to know who I blame? I blame the hyprocrites. The hypocrites of every political and social stripe who get up and talk about American strength, but then go out and undermine America at every chance they get. I blame the cosnervatives who preach about the honor of the military, yet would never dream of sending their sons or daughters to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan. I blame the liberals who claim to love support the troops but refuse to give them what they need both in war and after they come home.

I blame every President since 1941 who's hypocritical policies have made America weaker and less moral.

I blame Republicans and I balme Democrats.

It's time this country pulled it's head out of it's ass and started realizing what needs to be done to get back to where we once were.

But of course that's still avoiding because people like you blame everything on Democrats and would never dream of blaming your precious Republicans for a damned thing.

stlrtruck
04-30-2008, 02:42 PM
I blame every President since 1941 who's hypocritical policies have made America weaker and less moral.

It's time this country pulled it's head out of it's ass and started realizing what needs to be done to get back to where we once were.

But of course that's still avoiding because people like you blame everything on Democrats and would never dream of blaming your precious Republicans for a damned thing.

Dang, I finally get an answer after a long drawn out process. Now wouldn't it have been easier to just provide this answer the first time?

I agree with you it is time that this country pull it's head out of it's arse and started realizing what needs to be done to get back to where not only we once were but where we belong.

However, you must have confused me with someone else you've had this discussion with. I don't blame the democrats for everything, I BLAME POLITICIANS in general for the problem. I blame Clinton for Osama and I blame Bush for the war on terror and it's lack of progression. I blame every Republican and Democrat for the BS they pull only to vote themselves another 15% pay raise while those who have served this country get shite on. And I won't even start on the lobbyists and how back stabbing politicians become only to line their pockets.

As I stated earlier, things need to be introduced that deal specfically with one issue - no addendums!! That would probably solve a lot of BS going on.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: I do believe that veterans deserve special treatment. They deserve to have lower interest rates, they deserve to have opportunities to better themselves - and yes at a cheaper price. WHY? Because they laid their life on the line for the country and this country should return the favor - but that's just MHO and how I feel about those who serve.

Preacher
04-30-2008, 02:47 PM
I remind you of John McCain?

You really want to know who I blame? I blame the hyprocrites. The hypocrites of every political and social stripe who get up and talk about American strength, but then go out and undermine America at every chance they get. I blame the cosnervatives who preach about the honor of the military, yet would never dream of sending their sons or daughters to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan. I blame the liberals who claim to love support the troops but refuse to give them what they need both in war and after they come home.

Jeremy.

I am a Repubican... have been my whole life. Yet, I blame them for many things.

Many republicans I know blame our party for many things as well...

What I haven't seen, is a lot of dems blaming their party for things.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander... as it is said.

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Jeremy.

I am a Repubican... have been my whole life. Yet, I blame them for many things.

Many republicans I know blame our party for many things as well...

What I haven't seen, is a lot of dems blaming their party for things.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander... as it is said.

And they won't, it's simply not their way.

But it's hard for me to say the Republicans are blaming anything on themselves when they continue to support the hypocrite John McCain.

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2008, 03:48 PM
As a Voter, and neither a democrat (Socially, I think marijuana should be legal and that some of our drug crimes punishment are way too harsh and I don't care what people do in their bedrooms) or a republican (I want smaller government, less taxes, more personal responsibility and a very strong military and strong borders) I vote for the best of the candidates available that meet my requirements.

Of the 3 now running. McCain, although he has upset me with many of his stances, including his support for the KLA a known terror organization in Kosovo and his weak stance on the border issue, He doesn't upset me as much as the two victimhood socialists he's running against.

Personally, my choice would have been Romney, in hindsight, for the economy, but my dream would be for Colin Powell to run. Specifically because he doesn't want to, that shows me he'd be the right man for the job.

I liked Rudy, because he's a Social Liberal but Governmental Conservative, who believes in a strong military, but also a live and let live policy. I'm a fan of that. I also want someone that won't back down to the serious threat of a jihadist with a weapon or a nation full of them that wan't me to bow to mecca four times a day, or pay a tax not to. However, Hillary and Barrack just don't cut the mustard for me. If a Dem was going to run, and seriously attempt to get my vote, it would have been Gore. And I twinge saying it, or Biden at least has his head on straight.

fansince'76
04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Recruiters blowing smoke up the asses of potential recruits? How is that anything new? A recruiter lied to my father in '63 when he joined, one lied to me when I joined in '86, and they're still lying.

NJarhead
04-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Socially, I think marijuana should be legal and I don't care what people do in their bedrooms. I want smaller government, less taxes, more personal responsibility and a very strong military and strong borders.

You should run. I would vote for you.

NJarhead
04-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Recruiters blowing smoke up the asses of potential recruits? How is that anything new? A recruiter lied to my father in '63 when he joined, one lied to me when I joined in '86, and they're still lying.

The best is the BS they fed the poor kids in the 40's.

Marine Recruiter: "So you wanna join the Navy huh? Are your parents still married? They are? Well, then you can't join the Navy if your folks are still married. Step into my office."

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2008, 04:53 PM
I wasn't lied to. I walked in and said I want to join. A Navy guy caught me and I said, "I'm looking for the Army Recruiter" he said "Well what about the Navy" I said "I don't like boats" he said "Actually they're called Ships" and I said "Actually I want the Army recruiter"

Then the Army recruiter had me take a test and wanted me to go into communications and Radar. I said "I want something that lasts 2 years, in case I don't like it and doesn't start training until September cause I have some U2 Tickets for an August Show (I didn't mention the Grateful Dead Tickets I had in my pocket)" So he starts scrolling on the computer and doesn't find anything til I point at the screen and say "what's that" He looks at the screen and says "Well that's 19 Kilo" and I say "It says 2 years, and September start" He says well yeah but..."And I say, That's what I want" and he says "Son, that's Armored Crewman, You know a Tanker?" And I say "So, it says 2 years and leaves in September for bootcamp" He says, "Son, no one walks in here, scores like you do on the test and then volunteers to be a Tanker" and I said "I Just Did. Sign Me up or I'm out the door"

Fort Knox bound at the ripe age of 19.

NJarhead
04-30-2008, 05:07 PM
My recruiter didn't lie to me either. He was fairly new at recruiting and didn't like the idea of having to "Sell the Marine Corps." He wanted volunteers like me. I scored well too, but there was nothing open and I didn't want admin or aviation (although I would go aviation years later).

I wanted to be an MP (again wasn't open). Well, several months later near the end of MCT, there were three chumps who were foolish enough to enlist under "open contract." One was selected to be an MP and the other two went to the White House. :banging:

Oh well, I was lucky and spent most of my time with II MEF and got to train with SOTG and Marine Force Recon on occasion..., the kind of stuff you sign up for to begin with.

Legend:
MCT = Marine Combat Training
II MEF = 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force
SOTG = Special Operations Training Group

lilyoder6
04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
maybe the us should become a mob type gonv and threaten other countries to pay us 4 protection and etc... the godfather yeah!!

Dino 6 Rings
05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
maybe the us should become a mob type gonv and threaten other countries to pay us 4 protection and etc... the godfather yeah!!

We aren't quite "the mob". See when we attack other countries, justly or unjustly depending on your point of view, we usually blow stuff up, then pay them with our cash and fix things.

The Mob doesn't work that way. You pay the Mob first, then when you upset them, they blow your stuff up, then you pay them again. They have a much better revenue generating business that way, but I think, they may be unethical. But then again, that could be a point of view things as well. :flap:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-01-2008, 01:23 PM

Main Entry: blame
Pronunciation: \ˈblām\
definition: to find fault with : censure: to hold responsible

Main Entry: balm
Pronunciation: \ˈbä(l)m\
definition: a soothing restorative agency

Why am I not surprised....LOL!!!

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 02:26 PM
i said we should become the mob as like a lol type of thing.. but i could see the cash flow coming in 4 the us

Jeremy
05-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Main Entry: blame
Pronunciation: \ˈblām\
definition: to find fault with : censure: to hold responsible

Main Entry: balm
Pronunciation: \ˈbä(l)m\
definition: a soothing restorative agency

Why am I not surprised....LOL!!!

Maybe you should change your title from Anti-Troll to Spelling Nazi. :wink02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2008, 04:06 PM

Ya its too bad that the veterans dont have arms or legs.....Its kinda hard to go back to your job as a construction worker or a truck driver when you lost arms or legs.

Thats the most screwed up post I ever read on this message board. You should be ashamed of yourself.....

I cant even type what I would like to type to you because I would be banned from this message board forever........

Cops may be stressed yes.........but there buddies dont get killed on a daily basis. They dont have to spend a night with their best friend that just died waiting for someone to come help out.

Gotta stop here.......your an idiot

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I wasn't lied to. I walked in and said I want to join. A Navy guy caught me and I said, "I'm looking for the Army Recruiter" he said "Well what about the Navy" I said "I don't like boats" he said "Actually they're called Ships" and I said "Actually I want the Army recruiter"

Then the Army recruiter had me take a test and wanted me to go into communications and Radar. I said "I want something that lasts 2 years, in case I don't like it and doesn't start training until September cause I have some U2 Tickets for an August Show (I didn't mention the Grateful Dead Tickets I had in my pocket)" So he starts scrolling on the computer and doesn't find anything til I point at the screen and say "what's that" He looks at the screen and says "Well that's 19 Kilo" and I say "It says 2 years, and September start" He says well yeah but..."And I say, That's what I want" and he says "Son, that's Armored Crewman, You know a Tanker?" And I say "So, it says 2 years and leaves in September for bootcamp" He says, "Son, no one walks in here, scores like you do on the test and then volunteers to be a Tanker" and I said "I Just Did. Sign Me up or I'm out the door"

Fort Knox bound at the ripe age of 19.

I went to fort knox too and I dont believe your story

Dino 6 Rings
05-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I went to fort knox too and I dont believe your story

Really? Do you remember Heart Ache Misery and Agony?

Sep 92 - Dec 94. Eco Company. Drill Sgt Jordan and Drill Sgt Dilly. DS Dilly moved to a different Platoon about half way through and we got DS Krayle.

When were you there? Maybe we know each other.

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 05:43 PM
bbfw what in the hell are u talking about???

not evry single vet lost arms or legs.. there are a select bunch that it happens to but not evryone.. and w/ the technology we have today u can have prostetics and be fine..

NJarhead
05-01-2008, 06:00 PM

not evry single vet lost arms or legs.. there are a select bunch that it happens to but not evryone.. and w/ the technology we have today u can have prostetics and be fine..

Do you actually buy into your own BS? "Losing an arm or a leg just isn't a big deal these days???" ...and having said that, do you have all of your limbs? Obviously you've donated your tiny brain at some point. In fact, I think most of us could have a more intelligent conversation with an oyster judging by what you have contributed so far.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Really? Do you remember Heart Ache Misery and Agony?

Sep 92 - Dec 94. Eco Company. Drill Sgt Jordan and Drill Sgt Dilly. DS Dilly moved to a different Platoon about half way through and we got DS Krayle.

When were you there? Maybe we know each other.

Ya, heart ache, misery, and agony.......Tinny hills right? (good times)

Okay.........I still disagree with you

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2008, 06:38 PM

Not saying every vet has............I just saying that any vet that has any disability should be taken care of to the fullest extent........
I think that Dino is just talking out of his ass

GBMelBlount
05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Not saying every vet has............I just saying that any vet that has any disability should be taken care of to the fullest extent........

I agree. I never served but my dad did. He always said war is hell. Don't ever judge a vet until you've walked a mile in their shoes imo. Some have permanent physical scars, but the emotional scars can be worse......I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said "I'm anti war but I'm pro vet." I can respect that. You can be for or against war. It is a free country. But please respect those who have served. Thank you all for your service.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I agree. I never served but my dad did. He always said war is hell. Don't ever judge a vet until you've walked a mile in their shoes imo. Some have permanent physical scars, but the emotional scars can be worse......I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said "I'm anti war but I'm pro vet." I can respect that. You can be for or against war. It is a free country. But please respect those who have served. Thank you all for your service.

Well said!

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 09:02 PM
"Ya its too bad that the veterans dont have arms or legs....." that sent that u said, tells me that u mean evry vet or u would of said some or a bunch...

evrytime i read ur posts it looks like ur on the show are u smarter than a 5th grader and u can't get past the 1st grade ?

NJarhead
05-01-2008, 09:06 PM
"Ya its too bad that the veterans dont have arms or legs....." that sent that u said, tells me that u mean evry vet or u would of said some or a bunch...

evrytime i read ur posts it looks like ur on the show are u smarter than a 5th grader and u can't get past the 1st grade ?

...says the kid who is about as sharp as a turd. :toofunny:

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 09:07 PM
i bet i'm smarter than u..

fansince'76
05-01-2008, 09:12 PM

And everytime I read one of your posts I lose a little more faith in the public school system in this country.

NJarhead
05-01-2008, 09:13 PM

:rofl: :applaudit: But of course you are!

:coffee:

NJarhead
05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
And everytime I read one of your posts I lose a little more faith in the public school system in this country.

Don't. Just because he's a knucklehead doesn't mean the whole school system is to blame. :wink02: He's obviously "different." You know what they say, "Ya just can't polish a turd."

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
lets see if my post gets banned or removed and i get suspended

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2008, 11:01 PM
:coffee:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2008, 11:03 PM

Problem is that you take everything WORD FOR WORD. You have problems with comprehension. Read between the lines and begin to think for yourself.:wave:

It is obvious that not every veteran comes home missing an arm or a leg......Wait........Why am i trying to explain simple, common sense issues to you.........
Oh.......I guess I should clear this up too.......I do not think that every veteran works in construction or as a truck driver.........I was only using that as an example.......Please......if you have any trouble understanding any other post on this forum.....Try your best to read it a second time and then contact me....I dont mind helping out.....I once thought of majoring in special ed.

Go watch FOX news..........Thats where you get your news from isnt it?:flap:
(Do you understand this last comment......or are you S.....)

X-Terminator
05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Looks like someone in this thread just hit their "self-destruct" button...

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Looks like someone in this thread just hit their "self-destruct" button...

Absolutley

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-02-2008, 06:19 AM
This is what happens in the offseason!

Dino 6 Rings
05-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Ya, heart ache, misery, and agony.......Tinny hills right? (good times)

Okay.........I still disagree with you

its fine, that's what makes this country so great, we can disagree and not end up bombing each other's houses or killing each others families.

(good times)

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Maybe you should change your title from Anti-Troll to Spelling Nazi. :wink02:

Not all trolls are fans of other teams.:thumbsup:

(..and I dont think you mispelled it at all. I thought it to be an accurate statement of your beliefs.)

Jeremy
05-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Not all trolls are fans of other teams.:thumbsup:

(..and I dont think you mispelled it at all. I thought it to be an accurate statement of your beliefs.)

You would think that wouldn't you?

Damn you just don't know me at all.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-04-2008, 05:48 AM
You would think that wouldn't you?

Damn you just don't know me at all.

That may be the first time a dude as ever said that to me. Before you ask....those jeans dont make your butt look big either.

Jeremy
05-04-2008, 03:34 PM
That may be the first time a dude as ever said that to me. Before you ask....those jeans dont make your butt look big either.

That's a pretty gay thing to say.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Damn you just don't know me at all.....

.....That's a pretty gay thing to say

Thank you for admitting that....you were starting to make me feel uncomforatable.

Preacher
05-05-2008, 05:35 AM
Lord:

I gather my brothers and sisters here today to ask just one question....

Please...

Can you shorten up this offseason?

Look at this thread... do you see what your creation does when there is no football?

Amen!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Lord:

I gather my brothers and sisters here today to ask just one question....

Please...

Can you shorten up this offseason?

Look at this thread... do you see what your creation does when there is no football?

Amen!

:chuckle:

Jeremy
05-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Thank you for admitting that....you were starting to make me feel uncomforatable.

Well now you know how I feel when I read one of your posts.

Dino 6 Rings
05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
btw folks, I still haven't found a product I ever purchased that came from Pakistan...and lord knows I tried. My wife was soooo pissed at me for the mess I made, especially in the garage...I was for sure I had a tool or something from that un-american country...oh well...

stlrtruck
05-07-2008, 12:22 PM
btw folks, I still haven't found a product I ever purchased that came from Pakistan...and lord knows I tried. My wife was soooo pissed at me for the mess I made, especially in the garage...I was for sure I had a tool or something from that un-american country...oh well...

If you didn't flip the house and turn it inside-out, then you didn't look hard enough! :rofl:

Get back to me when you've done that..but don't blame me when your wife files for divorce, moves out, and takes all your American made stuff forcing you to purchase stuff made in Pakistan!

Dino 6 Rings
05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
If you didn't flip the house and turn it inside-out, then you didn't look hard enough! :rofl:

Get back to me when you've done that..but don't blame me when your wife files for divorce, moves out, and takes all your American made stuff forcing you to purchase stuff made in Pakistan!

Hell she wouldn't want the American Made stuff, well just the house, but she'd be all about the Japanese Sony TV and the Chinese products for sure. That new deck furniture from Walmart...well it wasn't made in Indiana and it wasn't made in Pakistan. She loves it though.