PDA

View Full Version : Alexander to visit Bungles?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2008/04/alexander-to-bengals.asp

The draft is completed. The Bengals did not select a running back. Coach Marvin Lewis said the team is optimistic that tailbacks Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry will return to health and the field in 2008. There is depth with Kenny Watson. There is the untapped potential of DeDe Dorsey, who has been a regular during the offseason at the facility. There is the Kenny Irons, who probably won't be ready for the start of training camp as he continues to rehab from a torn ACL injury, but he was the Bengals' second-round pick in 2007.

OK, what about adding a former league MVP to the mix in Shaun Alexander? The former Boone County star and Florence resident was terminated by the Seahawks this offseason after eight years in Seattle.

"Making calls to teams. Bengals are on our list!" Jim Steiner, Alexander's agent, told The Enquirer in an e-mail this morning.

The NFL's most valuable player in 2005 hit some impressive statistical milestones in 2007.

His four rushing touchdowns give him 100 for his career. He added another receiver touchdown and has 12 in his career.

He rushed 207 times for 716 yards. He now has 2,176 attempts for 9,429 yards. He started 11 games and played in two more, pushing his career totals to 97 starts and 119 games played.

He will turn 31 on Aug. 30.

Questions: If you are the Bengals, do you attempt to sign Alexander and bring him home to end his career? Would the move be more emotional than a dispassionate one that could help the team?

millwalldavey
04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Why would he do that to himself. He's already been humiliated once by the Black and Gold... 2 more time next year if he signs....

jjpro11
04-30-2008, 10:58 PM
let him go there.. he will fit right in with their pansy playing style. and when its all over, him and carson can shed their tears together. they are both two of the premiere whiners in the league.

Galax Steeler
05-01-2008, 03:53 AM
Bring him on we need a hitting dummy.

Dino 6 Rings
05-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Seriously...I look forward to knocking the crap out of him twice a year til he quits the game from being a humilated bengal has-been.

stillers4me
05-01-2008, 08:32 AM
This doesn't surprise in the least. He's a local guy and around here (Cinci) he's considered a football "god". Bungles fans are so stupid.

TackleMeBen
05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
but he doesnt have a criminal record so he cant fit in

ShutDown24
05-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Can you imagine if they somehow kept Johnson AND signed Alexander? If they signed Shaun they would most likely cut Rudi and take the cap hit, but it would be sweet if they ended up keeping both. Slowest backfield in the league. LMAO.

Dino 6 Rings
05-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Well since their running game is garbage, and basically has been for years, maybe they just want a legitimate pass blocker. Oh wait, this is S Alexander we are talking about...never mind.

steelymcmatt
05-01-2008, 01:52 PM
THIS JUST IN

Shaun Alexander coming in for preliminary visit with Bungles Monday and

BUNGLES STILL SUCK!

OneForTheToe
05-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Well if he signs for league minimum why not give him a chance and ..... oh, I'm sorry, I momentarily forgot we weren't talking about the Steelers.

I just wanted to be the first to pose that question one time.:doh::tt:

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 02:18 PM
this move could help cincy but it can also hurt them.. alexander hasn't done shit the past few yrs.. and he is old.. i doubt he can regain his form when he won the mvp

CantStop85
05-01-2008, 06:02 PM
If they end up cutting Rudi, I would be fine with this move. He couldn't be any worse than Rudi was last year.

St33lersguy
05-01-2008, 06:18 PM
If the Bungles signed Alexander this would be a great pickup... 2 or 3 years ago!!!

The Duke
05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
all I gotta say is.....

:rofl: :rofl:

alexander? he sucks now. I guess he fits the bungles in that category

but actually, who else do they have in their back field? irons may never step on an nfl field. watson's like 30 . rudi's seems to be declining.

a backfield of old and declining players might be good. at least I hope marv lewis believes that

:sign09:

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 04:07 AM
If the Bungles signed Alexander this would be a great pickup... 2 or 3 years ago!!!

:toofunny::toofunny:

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 09:33 AM
lol this will only make the bungles worse

lilyoder6
05-02-2008, 09:36 AM
i thought irons was gonna to an impact 4 them last yr.. i hope he can get better b/c i think he is a good rb.. and i agree there rb's are getting old and y not bring in another declining player to help the backfield out

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 09:46 AM
i thought irons was gonna to an impact 4 them last yr.. i hope he can get better b/c i think he is a good rb.. and i agree there rb's are getting old and y not bring in another declining player to help the backfield out

u want them to have good running backs? :banging:

CantStop85
05-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Kenny Irons will probably be put on PUP, might be back sometime during the season. So the Bengals will have Rudi Johnson (maybe Shaun Alexander), Chris Perry (who is still young, just injury prone), Kenny Watson (who's 30 but doesn't have much mileage), and DeDe Dorsey (who is young and could be a good speedster). If everyone is healthy the Bengals have a pretty good backfield, but with that still in question it should be very interesting.

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM

:noidea:

Rhee Rhee
05-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Bring him on we need a hitting dummy.

CHEE...

we need a hittin' dummy for harrison's roid rage... :wink02: