PDA

View Full Version : Lions Kalvin Pearson Accused of Choking Pregnant Girlfriend

HometownGal
05-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Yet another domestic incident by an NFL player. :banging: Battery against women seems to be infectious around the league this off-season.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/29/lions-gather-information-on-kalvin-pearson-accused-of-choking/?icid=1615984947x1201418066x1200302263

Lions 'Get Information' on Kalvin Pearson, Accused of Choking Pregnant Girlfriend
Posted Apr 29th 2008 8:31AM by Michael David Smith

Detroit Lions safety Kalvin Pearson is charged with what may be the most sickening crime related to an NFL player since Rae Carruth, and the Lions' response is a fascinating case study in the way that NFL teams deal with players who get into off-field trouble.

Pearson was charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman and domestic battery by strangulation after a woman who says she is pregnant with Pearson's child called police and said he grabbed her hair and neck and choked her, "making it difficult for her to breathe." Police identified and took photos of "red marks and bruising all around her neck."

Here is the Lions' response:

"We'll get as much information as we can right now," Lions president Matt Millen said after the NFL draft Sunday. "We'll get all the information, and then we'll deal with it after we find out all the facts."

Other NFL teams have acted swiftly when players have been charged with less serious crimes by simply cutting the player, saying they won't allow one player to tarnish the organization. The Lions, however, won't do that, because they're already on the record as saying they signed him because of his great character. And if there's one thing we know about the Detroit Lions as an organization, it's that they don't admit their mistakes.

So the Lions won't follow the lead of the Steelers with Cedrick Wilson; they'll follow the lead of the Steelers with James Harrison. They'll "gather information" designed to justify keeping Pearson on their roster.

tony hipchest
05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
what does an nfl player tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

nothing. he already told her twice.

stillers4me
05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
what does an nfl player tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

nothing. he already told her twice.

:banging:

What's with these guys??????

TackleMeBen
05-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Here is the Lions' response:

"We'll get as much information as we can right now," Lions president Matt Millen said after the NFL draft Sunday. "We'll get all the information, and then we'll deal with it after we find out all the facts."

this is the lions wonderful and highly intelligent GM we are talking about making this statement. oh wait words that dont go with matt millen wonderful and highly intelligent.. oh heck, the lions are going to compete with the bengals for most criminals and sucky record??? great job matt....

HometownGal
05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
this is the lions wonderful and highly intelligent GM we are talking about making this statement. oh wait words that dont go with matt millen wonderful and highly intelligent.. oh heck, the lions are going to compete with the bengals for most criminals and sucky record??? great job matt....

Quite honestly, Millen's comments are really no different than the Steelers' response after James Harrison was arrested. :noidea: :scratchchin:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/15545022/detail.html

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team is gathering information on the charges, but consider the matter a personal concern of Harrison's.

Jeremy
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
We pay these guys to play a very violent game and then we act shocked when that violence leaks in to other areas of their lives.

:noidea:

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 03:30 AM
I don't understand it everytime we turn around an nfl player is being arrested.

stlrtruck
05-02-2008, 07:51 AM
We pay these guys to play a very violent game and then we act shocked when that violence leaks in to other areas of their lives.
:noidea:

We pay soldiers to go to war and kill. It's not acceptable for them to come home and do the same.

revefsreleets
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
(Gazing into my crystal ball) I see orange and black tiger stripes in this guys future.

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 03:52 PM
(Gazing into my crystal ball) I see orange and black tiger stripes in this guys future.

Sounds like he would fit right in bunghole city.

BettisFan
05-03-2008, 01:57 AM
ohh i forgot its offseason again players go choke ur Gf's and shoot people! :)

Rhee Rhee
05-03-2008, 03:54 AM
i'm amazed no one posted this reason:

ROID RAGE

TackleMeBen
05-03-2008, 02:21 PM
i'm amazed no one posted this reason:

ROID RAGE

he is a lions player, so that would qualify...lol. they suck even if they were on roids..lol:wink02:

Hapa
05-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Because bitches whine so much.

Jk guys not ALL of them whine.

there are like 3 or 4 that don't.