PDA

View Full Version : Watch Rashard Mendenhall help take down...

Hammer Of The GODS
05-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Watch Rashard Mendenhall help take down # 1 ranked Ohio State Nov. 10 of 2007.

Only problem is.... you gotta have Direct TV and the HD package:banging:! (maybe you can see it on cable too I don't know)

It is on channel 220 Big Ten Network HD Tues. May 13th 8am. (set your DVRs!)

Rashard Mendenhalls stats against the #3 ranked run defense ware 26 carries for 88yds 0td w/ 3.4ypc.

Not to shabby for a 3 runningback committee (if you count the QB who ran 16 times) the other RB Daniel Dufrene carried 8 times.

One other nugget I found looking at his stats was the Rose Bowl game against USC. Although his team lost , Mendenhall ran 17 times for 155yds and 1td against the #2 ranked run defense! Now 1 of those runs went for 79 yds and that tells me 2 things.... 1. he can break the big runs..... 2. take away that run and he still had a 4.75 yds per carry avg. against a tough OSU Def. in a huge game that is as close to nfl spotlight exposure as you can get in college. Too bad Illinois had 4 turnovers or they might have made that a game.

I think we might be looking at the next STEEL of the draft ala Big Ben dropping to us!

I will report back after watching the game to give my opinion (not that anyone should give a sh*t right? :laughing:)

I will also look out for any other college game with our draft picks involved. My DTV reciever only goes out to 13 days of programming.

GO BURGH!

PENS LOOKING FOR THE DOUBLE SWEEP!

Hapa
05-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Stop getting us excited for the next season :o

Makes waiting harder!

LVSteelersfan
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Stop getting us excited for the next season :o

Makes waiting harder!

Go ahead and get us excited for the new season. I CAN'T WAIT.

STEELERS ROCK !!!!!!! GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!

:tt02::tt::tt02::tt::tt02::tt:

Hammer Of The GODS
05-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Get a hobby! I dunno maybe watch the Penguins march through the playoffs on thier way to another Stanley Cup! By then it'll be summer and you can fill your time with all the yardwork that your wife wants done!:wink02::chuckle:

GO BURGH!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm really close to Illinois so I know all about Rashard Mendenhall....I watched play a few times the last few years....I can't believe he lasted to the 23rd pick....The Steelers lucked out really....I think he won't be bust and he will be a star RB in the NFL...I'm glad he is a Steeler....

lilyoder6
05-01-2008, 06:46 PM
i love the idea that the big ten came together to get channels on direct tv and so on.. now when i want to watch psu or other games 4 inference i don't have to pay 4 it.. :)

19ward86
05-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Love Mendenhall,hate Illinois for beating OSU.

St33lersguy
05-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Lets see what he can do against teams like New England, NY Giants, San Diego, and Jacksonville among others

Hammer Of The GODS
05-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Lets see what he can do against teams like New England, NY Giants, San Diego, and Jacksonville among others

I see him on a learning curve at first.; but I believe by week 3 he is getting 8 to 10 carries and 3-4 passes a game.

Gotta remember.... NE, NYG, SD, and Jax defences are definately better than OSU and USCs defenses; but the Steelers offense is definately better than Illinois offense! It all works out to be about even.

GO BURGH!

LET"S GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 04:23 AM
I work with a ohio state fan and he was talking about the way mendenhall was dicing the buckeye deffense.

Elvis
05-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah, well we are going to see I hope that by that time he is splitting time about 35-65 with Parker. I would love to see both runners get around 800 yards a piece. That would be an awesome duo in my opinion.
:tt02:

iDash
05-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Parker is gonna Rock and Mend is gonna Roll!

vasteeler
05-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Parker is gonna Rock and Mend is gonna Roll!

is that Bradshaw in your avatar its his number but it dosent look like him

Preacher
05-08-2008, 04:27 PM
is that Bradshaw in your avatar its his number but it dosent look like him

It looks like him... when he played. Not now!