PDA

View Full Version : Mini-camp is underway

JanBr7
05-02-2008, 01:37 PM
This from KDKA ― It may be spring, but the Pittsburgh Steelers are back out on the field this weekend for mandatory mini-camp practices.

The three-day mini-camp kicked off today and runs through Sunday at the Steelers headquarters on the South Side. The team's first practice was held this morning.

The Steelers will hold a total of five practices, the next one starts at 3:25 p.m. today. There are two practices schedule for Saturday and then another one at 11:25 a.m. on Sunday.

Officials say all players on the Steelers roster, including the team's 19 rookies, are in attendance.

KDKA's Alison Morris reports from the South Side that neither Hines Ward nor Troy Polamalu dressed for this morning's practice. Ward is still recovering from surgery to repair a partially torn right meniscus, while Polamalu is still recovering from late season knee surgery.

Meanwhile, the Steelers are also expected introduce their 2008 first round draft pick, running back, Rashard Mendenhall, at a press conference today at their headquarters on the South Side.

He was also out this morning, practicing with the running backs.

The report also said that Ben was in great form (of course) and that Sweed did well, only dropping one pass. Dixon took some throws from Ben as well, as they worked out the potentials.

stlrtruck
05-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Dixon took some throws from Ben as well, as they worked out the potentials.

This statement alone get some legs in the forums right now. I really think it would be in the Steelers fans best interest if the season started next month.

SteelersTilIDie
05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
This statement alone get some legs in the forums right now. I really think it would be in the Steelers fans best interest if the season started next month.

word

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 02:59 PM
The report also said that Ben was in great form

did they expect him to be over weight and lazy????

Preacher
05-02-2008, 03:04 PM
In related news...

Timmons suffered a groin pull in camp.

He is officially a bust.

Just kidding :chuckle:

Mistah_Q
05-02-2008, 03:38 PM
In related news...

He is officially a bust.

Just kidding :chuckle::pin::pin::pin:

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Good to hear sweed is doing well also.

Dino 6 Rings
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Can't Effing WAIT for the Season to start.

Elvis
05-02-2008, 05:11 PM
In related news...

He is officially a bust.

:doh:Preacher... That is No Way To Treat Yer Friends ya Know?..
I am just glad to hear that everyone is there and no holding out and complaining about things yet. I love the thought of Sweed joining Ward and Holmes on our recieving corp.
:tt02:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM
In related news...

He is officially a bust.

Preacher, that is wrong.. you are going to give some people a heartattack with that post..lol...

Texasteel
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
In related news...

He is officially a bust.

You just went off my buddy list.

stillers4me
05-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I wasn't aware that Troy had knee surgery. I remember it was injured and that it was reported that he's rather not have surgery right away and use alternative treatments. Glad he got it taken care of. Hopefully he can return to full form and and have an injury free season. We need ya, Troy!

NJarhead
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
In related news...

He is officially a bust.

.....SIGH..... ya know Preach..., with friends like you.... :drink:

Good one.

JanBr7
05-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I thought it was amusing, Preacher!

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
does any one here go to latrobe for camp?

stillers4me
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM

We went last year, but with the price of gas this year , we probably won't to it this summer. :doh:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 06:06 PM
i think HTG goes.. i was planning on going this year, but i will have to see how my funds are going to work for the summer.:wink02:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Preacher had me rolling with his post...lol

As for Big Ben and it being reported he was in great shape...Thats good to hear.....For real he does spend much time in Vegas playing Black Jack.....$8000 thousand a hand....lol I'm not knocking Ben...He is a grown man and if he wants to blow off steam or relax by playing Black Jack then more power to him....I'm just glad he didn't the whole off-season playing Black Jack.....Now this post is just meant to humerus since its just mini-camp...lol

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
I might go since i will be close in the burgh

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 06:22 PM

As for Big Ben and it being reported he was in great shape...Thats good to hear.....For real he does spend much time in Vegas playing Black Jack.....$8000 thousand a hand....lol I'm not knocking Ben...He is a grown man and if he wants to blow off steam or relax by playing Black Jack then more power to him....I'm just glad he didn't the whole off-season playing Black Jack.....Now this post is just meant to humerus since its just mini-camp...lol
now we know why he wanted that new BIG contract.... so he can spend it all in vegas.. well i guess its better than spending it on a new motorcycle :wink02:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2008, 06:30 PM
now we know why he wanted that new BIG contract.... so he can spend it all in vegas.. well i guess its better than spending it on a new motorcycle :wink02:

Like I said he can do what he wants....He is a grown man...I agree its much better then Ben buying a new motorcycle...By no means was I knocking Ben....I have been a Ben fan long before he was a Steeler......watched him play in college yes even live....A friend of mine attended Ball State college.....I went to a Ball State/Miami of Ohio game.....Ben torched Ball State and that instant I became a fan....Yea it was just ball state but I was like damn who is this guy?....:sofunny: I was hoping and praying that Ben fell to 11 in the 2004 draft and was so glad he did....

LVSteelersfan
05-02-2008, 06:38 PM

That's funny. I heard on the radio the other morning (don't know if it was really true but they said it) that Tony Romo blew $2.5 million at the Hard Rock not long ago. Apparently him and Jessica Simpson had a huge knockdown, dragout fight over him losing all that money. So I guess Ben is a member of the NFL QB gambler's anonymous club. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Like I said he can do what he wants....He is a grown man...I agree its much better then Ben buying a new motorcycle...By no means was I knocking Ben....I have been a Ben fan long before he was a Steeler......watched him play in college yes even live....A friend of mine attended Ball State college.....I went to a Ball State/Miami of Ohio game.....Ben torched Ball State and that instant I became a fan....Yea it was just ball state but I was like damn who is this guy?....:sofunny: I was hoping and praying that Ben fell to 11 in the 2004 draft and was so glad he did....
i didnt take your original post as a knock on ben. i was being funny with my post about it. sorry if you took it the wrong way..

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 06:41 PM
That's funny. I heard on the radio the other morning (don't know if it was really true but they said it) that Tony Romo blew $2.5 million at the Hard Rock not long ago. Apparently him and Jessica Simpson had a huge knockdown, dragout fight over him losing all that money. So I guess Ben is a member of the NFL QB gambler's anonymous club. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
could be worse. he could be in the roger clemens club :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Rhee Rhee
05-02-2008, 06:44 PM
:doh:Preacher... That is No Way To Treat Yer Friends ya Know?..
I am just glad to hear that everyone is there and no holding out and complaining about things yet. I love the thought of Sweed joining Ward and Holmes on our recieving corp.
:tt02:

grr i want to change my sig but then again idk if sweed is gonna fit...

sweed joining ward and santonio is just unfair to other teams... imagine santonio and sweed on the outside... hines in the slot... omg just crazy good o and heath in the other slot on 4 reciever sets... crazy... omg what about mendenhall and parker... o gosh arians is gonna have a tough time getting all of them on the field... throw in dixon... OMG

HometownGal
05-02-2008, 06:45 PM

Yeppers. XT and I go every year. It's a helluva great time! :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2008, 06:48 PM
i didnt take your original post as a knock on ben. i was being funny with my post about it. sorry if you took it the wrong way..

its all good....:tt02:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 06:50 PM
its all good....:tt02:
exactly. he can gamble all he wants in the off season, just not during aug - feb :wink02:

millwalldavey
05-02-2008, 09:23 PM

I went 2 years ago... 4 hour drive so i stay over. I wanna go this summer... but not with gas like this.

SteelersMongol
05-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Does anyone know a link 2 some nice minicamp photos?

Galax Steeler
05-03-2008, 05:35 AM

Playing black jack is bens new way of life no motorcycle riding.

JanBr7
05-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Does anyone know a link 2 some nice minicamp photos?

Check out the pictures at BigBenNews.com -- there are a lot of minicamp photos there. Understand, they center around Ben, but very interesting. And Steelers.com has slide shows in their mult-media section from every day of mini camp. I have a few I took last year (My avi is from mini-camp). I can post some on the pics thread if people are actually interested.

millwalldavey
05-03-2008, 01:39 PM
I've been hearing Sweed and Mendenhall have been working out and somewhat impressive. Any word on the defensive prospects?

TackleMeBen
05-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Playing black jack is bens new way of life no motorcycle riding.
i little less hazardous it is too:wink02:

Elvis
05-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Glad to hear that everything is going smoothly in pittsburgh with the mini-camp. Just wish that all the injured like Polomalu and Hines were able to be in there practicing with these young men. Thanks for the photo hints..
:hatsoff: