PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Harrison involved in shooting

tony hipchest
05-02-2008, 03:23 PM
*breaking news*

he wasnt shot but an altercation happened at a nightclub he owns in philly.

-as per sirius radio.

hes about as non thug as it gets.

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Wow what else is going to happen in the nfl this year.

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, with almost 7 months left in the year, there's still an outside chance that one of them will pass without a Cincy Bengal having been arrested. :laughing:

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Alot could happen in 7 months if I had to guess I would say 6 out of the 7 months a bunghole will be arrested.
:toofunny:

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Alot could happen in 7 months if I had to guess I would say 6 out of the 7 months a bunghole will be arrested.
:toofunny:

Well, give me some credit. I said "outside chance." :laughing:

jjpro11
05-02-2008, 04:27 PM
its not his first problem.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/03/29/news/story3.html

HometownGal
05-02-2008, 04:28 PM
If Marvin had anything to do with this shooting, I'd be moritfied!!! :jawdrop:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3378829

Report: Harrison investigated in shooting outside bar
ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 2, 2008, 5:01 PM ET

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison is under investigation in his hometown of Philadelphia in a shooting that took place earlier this week, a source close to the investigation told Anthony Gargano of Philadelphia's WIP Radio.

The shooting reportedly occurred early Tuesday afternoon outside a North Philadelphia bar owned by Harrison.

Harrison has yet to be arrested or charged with the crime.

"I just walked off the practice field [at rookie minicamp] and heard about the incident, and that's all I know," Colts coach Tony Dungy said Friday. "We're obviously going to look into it. I haven't spoken to Marvin yet."

Calls by ESPN to Harrison and his agent have not been returned. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league was "aware of the report, and we are looking into it."

The source said the alleged victim came into the bar, Playmakers, around 5 p.m. and engaged in an argument with Harrison, who was at the bar. The victim then left the bar, heading to his car, with Harrison following. Gunfire broke out, the victim was hit in the hand, and a young girl was slightly injured by flying glass from a car that apparently was hit by a bullet.

Police came to scene, but the victim did not identify a shooter. On Wednesday, according to the source, ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun.

Police then went to a Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon, but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home.

However, the source said the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene.

The source said police were contacted Friday by an attorney representing a second alleged victim in the shooting, and police are now waiting for that individual to come forward.

Rhee Rhee
05-02-2008, 04:50 PM
its not his first problem.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/03/29/news/story3.html

o boy... that happend right in my backyard and i never heard about it....

well marvin harrison pulling a pacman?

and i thought the NFL couldn't get any stranger...

i always thought marvin was a gentlemens gentleman... "classy" was always used to describe him... this is amazing...

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Well, give me some credit. I said "outside chance." :laughing:

I will give you some credit hows this:nw:

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 04:57 PM
I will give you some credit hows this:nw:

Better. :drink: Thank you. :laughing:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 05:25 PM
wow. i guess he might be calling peyton to come to philly to bail him out..lol:sofunny:

stillers4me
05-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, with almost 7 months left in the year, there's still an outside chance that one of them will pass without a Cincy Bengal having been arrested. :laughing:

Too late. Brooks was charged. :hatsoff:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 06:08 PM
espn is saying that he owns over 25 guns..wow.... but i guess if you are living in philly you might need them.:sofunny::sofunny:

Galax Steeler
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
espn is saying that he owns over 25 guns..wow.... but i guess if you are living in philly you might need them.:sofunny::sofunny:

24 now one is confiscated for evidence.:wink02:

BettisFan
05-02-2008, 06:29 PM
dang Marvin one of the nicest (or so i thought) player in the league! Come on, he owns a bar? 25 guns? what?!

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Too late. Brooks was charged. :hatsoff:

No, not the whole year. It's obvious that that is not possible. Baby steps: They have to go one month with no arrests. They have 7 of those chances left in '08. ...on second thought, is it 6 chances?

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 06:49 PM
24 now one is confiscated for evidence.:wink02:

oh yeah, so he is minus one.. 24 left to go :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 07:06 PM

Philthidelphia - "The City of Bodily Harm."

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Philthidelphia - "The City of Bodily Harm."
i went to philly once... notice i only went once :wink02:. it was a flyers hockey game when eric lindross played for them

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
i went to philly once... notice i only went once :wink02:. it was a flyers hockey game when eric lindross played for them

i went to philly once..notice i only went once. it was for a flyers game when eric lindross played for them

Guess what your new nickname is:............ready?.................can you guess it?............................give up yet?.............................................. ......................................."Tammy Two Times." :rofl:

:drink:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Guess what your new nickname is:............ready?.................can you guess it?............................give up yet?.............................................. ......................................."Tammy Two Times." :rofl:

:drink:
you better be glad like you i do ...lol.. :flap:

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 07:43 PM
you better be glad like you i do ...lol.. :flap:

C'mon, that was funny. :applaudit:

I've never had a problem in Philly...so far. My buddy (and a fellow die-hard Steelers fan) is the C.O. of one of the military facilities there (rather not say which one).

Now Camden is a whole different story. The NJ State Police patrol that sh*thole from the Turnpike.

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 07:45 PM
C'mon, that was funny. :applaudit:

I've never had a problem in Philly...so far. My buddy (and a fellow die-hard Steelers fan) is the C.O. of one of the military facilities there (rather not say which one).

Now Camden is a whole different story. The NJ State Police patrol that sh*thole from the Turnpike.
my sister lives in jersey, or as i call it.. the dump... i refuse to go visit her just b/c of that.

yes it was funny... funny you are :sofunny:

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
my sister lives in jersey, or as i call it.. the dump... i refuse to go visit her just b/c of that.

yes it was funny... funny you are :sofunny:

A DUMP??? My home this is! :mad:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
A DUMP??? My home this is! :mad:
well are you north or south jersey yoda??? :sofunny:. she is north jersey

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 08:05 PM
well are you north or south jersey yoda??? :sofunny:. she is north jersey

I'm in the middle and on the coast. Newark sucks up north, Camden sucks down south, but the middle is juuuuuust right! :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm in the middle and on the coast. Newark sucks up north, Camden sucks down south, but the middle is juuuuuust right! :chuckle:
see i do..lol... she is near some town called hackensack.. i cant say what i call it :wink02:. could be worse, you could live where i do... in detroit.

TheWarDen86
05-02-2008, 08:15 PM
see i do..lol... she is near some town called hackensack.. i cant say what i call it :wink02:. could be worse, you could live where i do... in detroit.

Detroit....Yikes! I am about 1 mile from Hackensack right at this moment (work). It's like de Billy Joel say, "Who needs a house out in Hackensack...." Although, outside of Manhatten, this area (Hoboken, Jersey City and up here) is where the best pizza is.

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Detroit....Yikes! I am about 1 mile from Hackensack right at this moment (work). It's like de Billy Joel say, "Who needs a house out in Hackensack...." Although, outside of Manhatten, this area (Hoboken, Jersey City and up here) is where the best pizza is.
well i actually live in the burbs about 20 mins outside detroit. i am wanting to move out of the area..

HometownGal
05-03-2008, 03:18 PM
:offtopic::pin:

Can we please get this topic back on track? Marvin Harrison - remember?

Preacher
05-03-2008, 04:30 PM
:offtopic::pin:

Can we please get this topic back on track? Marvin Harrison - remember?

LOL.

Well...

If it is true.... as I have said for every other player.. I hope he gets put away.

Though i am a little shocked that he was involved.

One minute of stupidity.... a lifetime of remorse.

tony hipchest
05-03-2008, 05:33 PM
LOL.

Well...

If it is true.... as I have said for every other player.. I hope he gets put away.

Though i am a little shocked that he was involved.

One minute of stupidity.... a lifetime of remorse.

i commend him for packing heat and protecting his establishment.

until i hear anything contrary, marvin is a good guy and has earned the benefit of my doubt.

its not like he's a bengal or anything.

Preacher
05-03-2008, 06:53 PM

until i hear anything contrary, marvin is a good guy and has earned the benefit of my doubt.

LOL.

Too true. However, if the report is correct, and he chased the guy out.. then shot at him, well, that says a lot as well.

I guess that is why we wait to see what happens.

MasterOfPuppets
05-03-2008, 08:13 PM

not to mention, they were prolly,scumbag,dope peddlin, iggle fans........whats the big deal??? :chuckle:

HughC
05-03-2008, 11:28 PM
In West Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground's where Marvin spent most of his days
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool
Shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys, who were up to no good
Started making trouble in the neighborhood
Got in one little fight and Goodell got all mad
Said, "You're giving us bad pub, you're suspended for one year."

TackleMeBen
05-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Sources: Six of casings found after shooting came from Harrison's gun

Six of the bullet casings found after an April 29 shooting near Marvin Harrison's car wash and garage came from a gun that belongs to the Colts wide receiver, Philadelphia police sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Police returned to the scene of the crime Monday to examine bullet holes in two residences after new information was provided to police by an alleged third victim of the shooting.

Harrison's representatives say Harrison was not present during the shooting incident, and that his gun was not involved. Monday, Harrison's attorney declined comment. Police say they have no suspects in the case.

The case is being taken over by Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham.

you can read the rest of the story, it was too long to post it all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3382026

Preacher
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Ruh Roh Raggy....

That doesn't look good.

It would seem that the two top teams of the AFL have somewhat fallen.... sure does open up this year, doesn't it.

BettisFan
05-05-2008, 07:55 PM
in philly even if u arent the shooter if its ur gun the bullets are from ur get charged

Atlanta Dan
05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Ruh Roh Raggy....

That doesn't look good.

It would seem that the two top teams of the AFL have somewhat fallen.... sure does open up this year, doesn't it.

Harrison did not play most of last season - the Colts are slipping but IMO Harrison was not going to be a factor in 2008 - this may just seal the deal

IMO the trendy AFC SB pick is going to be Jax

ChronoCross
05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Being here in Indiana. Colts fans are sweating bullets.

Galax Steeler
05-07-2008, 04:06 AM
Like Dan said harrison has seen the better of his years so if he did do it what have they lost.

TackleMeBen
05-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Police: Harrison 'not a suspect at this point'

Police do not currently consider Marvin Harrison a suspect in a shooting that took place in Philadelphia last week, according to a report on the Indianapolis Star Web site.

He's not a suspect at this point," police spokesperson Tanya Little told The Star Tuesday morning, declining further comment.
Multiple published reports last week indicated that Harrison was under investigation for the shooting.

Reports this week have said that bullets used in the shooting came from a gun owned by the Colts' star wide receiver.

Harrison, in an interview with police last week, admitted to being involved in a fistfight prior to the gunfire, but insisted he had no part in the shooting, the Philadelphia Daily News reported on its Web site.

The victim in the case has thus far refused to identify the gunman.
In an exclusive conversation with FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer last week, Harrison's agent, Tom Condon, denied a report implicating Harrison in the shooting.
"Marvin Harrison was not involved in any shooting," Condon told Glazer. "The report is erroneous."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8109900/Police:-Harrison-'not-a-suspect-at-this-point'

Glace
05-07-2008, 11:52 AM
The victim in the case has thus far refused to identify the gunman.

Ah HAH!!!!!!