PDA

View Full Version : DILEMMA- Neil Diamond 24-7

tony hipchest
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
i listen to nothing but channel 124 (nfl radio) on my sirius but now they have the 24/7 neil diamond channel (no commercials).

what do i do?

MACH1
05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Ummm gotta go with nfl radio. To many hours of neil diamond would have me doing this :banging:

:sofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
05-02-2008, 04:59 PM
i listen to nothing but channel 124 (nfl radio) on my sirius but now they have the 24/7 neil diamond channel (no commercials).

what do i do?

Seriously...until August...go with Neil!

NJarhead
05-02-2008, 05:05 PM

what do i do?

LMAO. That crap this morning sent me to my class with, "Girl, you'll be a woman soon...." stuck in my head. I was not necessarily happy about it either. I like some of his stuff, but I don't think I'll be tuning to channel 3 (or was it 2) anytime soon. My radio is stuck on 124.

PisnNapalm
05-02-2008, 07:30 PM

what do i do?

You're kidding right?

TackleMeBen
05-02-2008, 08:08 PM
my sirius only leaves 124 when my kids are in the car and i am stuck listening to radio disney.. thank god they havent came out with an all hannah montana channel yet.

millwalldavey
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Eff that! Elvis station or Hair Naion for me!

HometownGal
05-02-2008, 09:22 PM

what do i do?

Could be worse. Sirius could develop a 24/7 Neil Sedaka channel. :horror:

I like a lot of Neil Diamond's music, but after some of the stories I've heard about how he treats his fans, I think he's a total jackass.

millwalldavey
05-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Sirius needs a friggin MOTORHEAD 24/7 channel!

GBMelBlount
05-02-2008, 09:31 PM
my sirius only leaves 124 when my kids are in the car and i am stuck listening to radio disney.. thank god they havent came out with an all hannah montana channel yet.

LOL! Disney radio it is, twice a day!...

NJarhead
05-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Could be worse. Sirius could develop a 24/7 Neil Sedaka channel. :horror:

I like a lot of Neil Diamond's music, but after some of the stories I've heard about how he treats his fans, I think he's a total jackass.

Really? I'm shocked. What have you heard?

NJarhead
05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Eff that! Elvis station or Hair Naion for me!

Elvis or hair nation. That's some range there. I can't talk though, my CD/Ipod consists of everything (excluding Country and most rap) from Slayer and Fear Factory to Neil Diamond and Beethoven.

TackleMeBen
05-03-2008, 11:35 AM
LOL! Disney radio it is, twice a day!...
please.. i know every hannah montana song frontwards and backwards..lol.. in fact my daughter got her own ipod for her bday and guess what she wanted on it??? hannah montana and high school musical...

millwalldavey
05-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Elvis or hair nation. That's some range there. I can't talk though, my CD/Ipod consists of everything (excluding Country and most rap) from Slayer and Fear Factory to Neil Diamond and Beethoven.

LOL... mine has audio books, James Brtown, Minor Threat and tons of 80's hardcore punk, Elvis... LOL even the audio of the Tao Te Ching!

TackleMeBen
05-03-2008, 02:13 PM
ever listen to the korean news channel on sirius. not that i understand what they are saying i just think its really cool that i can hear news from another country in their language

HometownGal
05-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Really? I'm shocked. What have you heard?

I have a friend who worked for the Civic (now Mellon) Arena back in the early 90's. She told me that a group of mentally challenged adults from a local group home really wanted to attend one of his concerts and that the Arena was going to sell them tickets at a discount price, but that Neil Diamond himself pitched such a fit that he wasn't going to get top dollar for those tickets and made a very unkind remark about that group which I won't repeat here. I've also heard that he will not allow bus drivers inside of the arena when they bring busloads of fans to attend his concerts unless they pay full ticket price (even if they aren't watching the concert). I went to one of his concerts back in the late 70's and though he put on one helluva performance, there was no doubt in my mind that he was an extremely arrogant SOB. I know most performers are pompous, but how soon they forget who pays their outrageous salaries so they can buy all of those fancy houses, luxury cars and bling. :banging:

NJarhead
05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Good to know. I can't stand that attitude. Thanks.

sixstringlass
05-06-2008, 06:26 AM
I have a friend who worked for the Civic (now Mellon) Arena back in the early 90's. She told me that a group of mentally challenged adults from a local group home really wanted to attend one of his concerts and that the Arena was going to sell them tickets at a discount price, but that Neil Diamond himself pitched such a fit that he wasn't going to get top dollar for those tickets and made a very unkind remark about that group which I won't repeat here. I've also heard that he will not allow bus drivers inside of the arena when they bring busloads of fans to attend his concerts unless they pay full ticket price (even if they aren't watching the concert). I went to one of his concerts back in the late 70's and though he put on one helluva performance, there was no doubt in my mind that he was an extremely arrogant SOB. I know most performers are pompous, but how soon they forget who pays their outrageous salaries so they can buy all of those fancy houses, luxury cars and bling. :banging:

My sister and brother-in-law got free tickets to a Neil Diamond concert from the radio station where the brother-in-law works. They went, but left after about half an hour because Neil's singing was so bad.

vasteeler
05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
omg neil diamond really neil friggen diamond oh i hate that guy

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-06-2008, 11:21 AM

what do i do?

Draft Neil in the 5th round of the 2008 Supplemental Draft....then have him pump up the troops at training camp with a little "Heartlight" and "Hello Again":banging: