PDA

View Full Version : No Big Distractions this year

stillers4me
05-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I was just thinking about how 2 years ago, it was all about Ben and his motorcycle accident. The Steelers were fresh off SuperBowl XL, Bettis had retired and then Ben had his infamous motorcycle accident and appendectomy.

Then last year, Cowher retired and all the buzz was about Tomlin, could he lead a team like the Steelers, how was he going handle to the "Faneca situation", and the team went to training camp with a brand new coach and staff.

This year, it's business as usual in Pittsburgh. The only distraction is how great our two top draft picks are predicted to be.

Ahhhhhhhh..........life is good again.:tt03:

JanBr7
05-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Is that why we have to spend so much time analyzing draft picks and the condition of the lines! No big distractions to talk about!

You're right though, life is good!

stillers4me
05-04-2008, 06:04 PM
The distractions can stay in Cinci!!!!!!!!! :chuckle:

jjpro11
05-04-2008, 06:05 PM
wow.. way to jinx it. ben's accident happened in june. it is good that there doesnt appear to be any contract disputes heading into training camp.

Steelerfreak58
05-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Amen brother! Not to mention I think they had an awesome draft that will truly show its worth in years to come.

stillers4me
05-04-2008, 06:08 PM
wow.. way to jinx it. ben's accident happened in june. it is good that there doesnt appear to be any contract disputes heading into training camp.

I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in jinxes. (knock on wood) :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
05-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in jinxes. (knock on wood) :chuckle:

we know who to blame if something happens to ben now in the off season..lol... you know we could hold that new granddaughter for ransom:wink02:..lol... until you undo your jinxes..lol :flap:

stlrnews2
05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Its up to Tomlin to keep the focus now. No excuses.

BettisFan
05-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Its superbowl year in the burgh!:tt03::tt03:

Mistah_Q
05-04-2008, 08:10 PM
No big distractions. . and lets hope it stays that way!

Though, didn't Steely McBeam get arrested? :laughing:

TackleMeBen
05-04-2008, 08:24 PM
No big distractions. . and lets hope it stays that way!

Though, didn't Steely McBeam get arrested? :laughing:
yeah he did... but that dont really count.. can we get the others that dress up as steely thrown in the slammer too???:flap:

billybob
05-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I myself am amazed at all of the attention that the o-line is getting,when,in my opinion,our special teams had a 75% reason why our season came up short.I know we have all of the components to make it right,so please take all of the focus off the o-line.It starts with special teams,and lets face it fellas,we came up short in that department.:banging::banging:

TackleMeBen
05-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I myself am amazed at all of the attention that the o-line is getting,when,in my opinion,our special teams had a 75% reason why our season came up short.I know we have all of the components to make it right,so please take all of the focus off the o-line.It starts with special teams,and lets face it fellas,we came up short in that department.:banging::banging:
that is true. the ST sucked too, but no one on ST is the face of the franchise and worth 102million dollars(is that in money or poker chips??:sofunny::flap:) so the oline is important in protecting the 102 million dollar man.

19ward86
05-04-2008, 08:45 PM
No distractions=16-0???

TackleMeBen
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
No distractions=16-0???

that is patented by the patroits..lol.. :flap:

billybob
05-04-2008, 08:57 PM
please sir,dont sell me short.special teams can be the biggest dictator of what we do on offense.why force our 102 mil. qb to have to drop back and feel he has to win the game.i admit for that price,we should protect him,but special teams,several times,put him in that situation.:banging::banging::banging:

nojobny
05-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Shhhhhhhh

BettisFan
05-04-2008, 10:15 PM
well if you really want to get into it, we had the james harrison stuff, Cedric wilson, and besides that we all know something will come up there is never a year for any team with no distractions, and if there isnt a team wide distraction each player has their own distractions. But with "Big" distractions i guess there is none right now.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-05-2008, 12:48 AM

The HUGE dispute is almost $7 million for Max Starks this season. If sport doesn't mirror life then look no further than the commodity of offensive lineman. Ben's recent comments about how the line 'isn't as bad as everyone thinks' is comforting and disturbing.

Could it be exactly what the banks are saying? The "worst" of the crisis is over. Well that doesn't mean that the second worse part yet to come feels pretty close to the first worst part. The good news is that we are bottoming out.

Kevin Colbert is GRACE UNDER PRESSURE. Could you feel Jerry Jones second guessing Felix Jones over Rashard Mendenhall? I could.

AS far as distractions and not having them I see that as an opportunity and a sign that we are all business going forward and no bullshhhht.