PDA

View Full Version : Will we be next in the race for 6?

43SteelCurtainRevolution
05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
We have a tough schedule this coming season, but I have a good feeling about what our team will do this year. We are tied for first in superbowl wins with the Cowboys and the 49ers. What team do y'all think will be the first to 6 superbowls?

Personally, I think it will be us. But then again, I could be biased. Slightly.

SteelersJW
05-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Steelers, obviously

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Its not going to be the 49ers any time soon...lol

BettisFan
05-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Us fo sho!

TheWarDen86
05-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Patriots.... :puke:

I can't believe I just said that. I guess I do sometimes go too far for a joke.
:tt02:STEELERS BABY!!! :tt02:

slashsteel
05-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Steelers of course! We will be the first, write it down!

SteelCity43
05-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Here in Dallas the general idea is that the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl every year. I see it much differently however. We will win another one in the next 4 years, mark it down.

SteelersTilIDie
05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
definitely steelers

43SteelCurtainRevolution
05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Here in Dallas the general idea is that the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl every year. I see it much differently however. We will win another one in the next 4 years, mark it down.

:iagree:
4 years seems like a safe time estimate for us to win it all again. But the Cowboys are solid. We need to kick their cowhides during the regular season and make sure we demoralize them.
:tt:

Steelerfreak58
05-06-2008, 08:55 PM
If our O-Line comes together and plays just 20% better and our Special teams plays just average instead of plain stupid like they did at some points last year we win a Super Bowl this next season.

We have all the weapons on Offense, we have a beast of a Defense as usual OUR TIME IS NOW.

revefsreleets
05-06-2008, 09:17 PM
The Cowboys have a major advantage...they play in the Pee-Wee League of the NFL, and like FSU when the ACC sucked, getting to the big game is half the battle of winning it.

fansince'76
05-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Here in Dallas the general idea is that the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl every year.

It would probably help if they could actually win a playoff game more often than every 12 years (and counting).

moedap
05-06-2008, 10:31 PM
The Cowboys have a major advantage...they play in the Pee-Wee League of the NFL, and like FSU when the ACC sucked, getting to the big game is half the battle of winning it.

Not a Cowboys fan but I think the NFC east has been the second toughest division behind the AFC North for some years.

The Giants have been to 2 SB's, The Eagles 1SB, Cowboys have been competitive, and the Redskins the worst of the division the past 5 years havent been awful.

And we will be the first to 6

tony hipchest
05-06-2008, 10:42 PM
jerry jones would cut off his left testicle and shoot it into a brick wall with a slingshot on pay-per-view to be the 1st to 6.

plus he would sign all the "pac men" of the league.

i rue the day their is EVER a patriots/cowboys matchup in the superbowl.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-06-2008, 11:01 PM
We go as far as our O-line takes us

Galax Steeler
05-07-2008, 03:49 AM
jerry jones would cut off his left testicle and shoot it into a brick wall with a slingshot on pay-per-view to be the 1st to 6.

If he had any testicles.:toofunny:

TackleMeBen
05-07-2008, 07:36 AM

tony you have a way with words.:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-07-2008, 07:55 AM

Preacher,

Is there something in the book of Revelations about a Patriots*/Cowboys superbowl?

Willem Gerber
05-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Thats actually a hard one...

The steeletes are a very strong team at the moment,but so to is the Cowboys...

I would go for the Cowboys because they dont have the Colts,Patriots,Jags etc to beat just to get into the playoffs. The only time(at best) they will face one of these teams is in the Superbowl itself.

fansince'76
05-07-2008, 08:54 AM
I would go for the Cowboys because they dont have the Colts,Patriots,Jags etc to beat just to get into the playoffs. The only time(at best) they will face one of these teams is in the Superbowl itself.

Still hasn't helped them - they haven't won a playoff game since 1996. They'll actually have to win a frigging playoff game this century before I worry about them going all the way and getting #6.

Steelerfreak58
05-07-2008, 09:03 AM
I think the Cowgirls have a team of individuals, a lot of big names with egos and that costs them every year, way too many distractions between, T.O, Jessica, Tank Johnson, and now maybe "make it rain" Pacman.

That team will always be on the edge of great but self destruct when its crucial because of the make up of its character.

The Steelers face none of their character issues.

memphissteelergirl
05-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I think the Cowgirls have a team of individuals, a lot of big names with egos and that costs them every year, way too many distractions between, T.O, Jessica, Tank Johnson, and now maybe "make it rain" Pacman.

That team will always be on the edge of great but self destruct when its crucial because of the make up of its character.

The Steelers face none of their character issues.

Welllll....maybe not to the Cryboys' degree, but let's face it, we've had more than our share over the past couple of months (see Cedrick Wilson, Najeh Davenport, James Harrison).

I do agree with your point that Dallas has a lot of individual talent, but it takes a TEAM effort to win a championship, and that's why they have choked so much in the playoffs, IMO. The Steelers historically have had that "team" mentality, and that's why it's such a successful franchise in that regard.

vasteeler
05-07-2008, 10:33 AM

that is one super bowl i couldnt stomach to watch, i mean could you imagine

Dino 6 Rings
05-07-2008, 11:32 AM
I will be Dino 6 Rings. I have seen the future and it is bright.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1995. Think about it? How the heck are they supposed to win it all? Romo is a classic win games against teams you should and lose the big ones, QB.

And the 49ers? Last year's "darling" this years bottom feeder. Everyone had them doing well last season with all the free agency signings they made, then they stunk it up. They were supposed to compete with the Seahawks for the NFC West weren't they?

Hey, who else has made all kinds of free agency signings and is now supposed to be good? Oh yeah...the brownies. Lets see how that locker room works out for you...

steelreserve
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
The 49ers are about 10 years -- plus a change of ownership and a new quarterback -- away from contending for a Super Bowl, much less winning one.

The Cowboys are OK and it helps that they play in the NFC, but last year they had a lot of luck and a lot of hype. A good team will wipe the floor with them when all the chips are on the table, plus we still don't know if they have a real QB or a flash in the pan.

Steelers seem to have all the pieces in place; it's just a matter of rolling the dice every year and seeing if we can make it through the playoffs against some tough teams. Realistically, we ought to win one more before the current group of players starts to wear out.

Elvis
05-07-2008, 12:12 PM
:tt02: There is No Doubt in my mind who its gonna be!!! :tt02:

HughC
05-07-2008, 02:09 PM
What team do y'all think will be the first to 6 superbowls?

It's a tossup between the Cardinals and the Lions.

Welcome To Smashmouth
05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm not going to lie, I could honestly see Dallas winning another one first, as they have successfully earned the phrase STACKED to describe their team and play in the Eastern Conference of the National Football League. (NBA playoff talk, I appologize).

However, as a true die-hard fan of the Black 'n Gold, it would be absolutely "un-teamly" if you will for a fan forseeing any outcome other than a positive one for the ogranization. We have found ourselves in a pre-mini camp situation where we have successfully drafted a gold-mine of talent while keeping a high-percentage of returning starters. And those not returning, other than Faneca, are leaving us more improved at the respective position. While its true we do indeed hold one of the most difficult schedules in the league (how in God's name did New England land the easiest?), look for us to once again be a contender to the title, and if we're lucky etch another Underdog Effect Theory into the stone of black and gold greatness

:tt03:

Welcome To Smashmouth
05-07-2008, 03:44 PM
The 49ers are about 10 years -- plus a change of ownership and a new quarterback -- away from contending for a Super Bowl, much less winning one.

Am I the only one who watched Cleveland re-vamp their team in a matter of a season and a half???

43Hitman
05-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Am I the only one who watched Cleveland re-vamp their team in a matter of a season and a half???

I don't think they are a Super Bowl contender though. Hell, their barely a playoff contender at this point, in my opinion.

Welcome To Smashmouth
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
You've gotta admit though, there was a very recent time when "division contender" couldn't even be stated seriously about that team, and now they've crept up to shock the entire league. Its safe to say that the AFC North is one of the most competitive league-wide

43Hitman
05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
You've gotta admit though, there was a very recent time when "division contender" couldn't even be stated seriously about that team, and now they've crept up to shock the entire league. Its safe to say that the AFC North is one of the most competitive league-wide

Valid points, but I think the Clowns are more pretenders than "contenders".

Okay, that's enough thread-jacking from me for the rest of the day.

Steelman16
05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
There's no earthly way the Clowns are super bowl contenders at this point. They've added some high-profile free agents, but I don't think that will really help them in the playoff hunt.

Back to the teams with an actual super bowl under their belt...

Cowboys - For all the money that Romo makes, he's never won a playoff game. A Quarterback is the leader of a team whether or not he's the focal point of that team. Two years in a row they've made it to the playoffs and fell over the cliff hard. They could definitely put it together with the talent they have, but it's hard for me to see that happening for some reason. Maybe after Jerry Jones retires and once they figure out that football isn't Hollywood.

Packers - I think Aaron Rodgers is going to surprise everyone and be a very solid QB, but he's sat on the bench a LONG time and he's already getting old. (of course, he doesn't have any milage, so that is a big bonus) I like Mike McCarthy alot as a coach, he's kinda like Tomlin. I seem to recall that the Packers were one of the youngest teams in the league. So I'd go out on a limb and say I think the Pack has the biggest chance behind us to get the first 6th Lombardi.

49'ers - If Alex Smith doesn't start doing something right this year, he's as good as gone. It will take a megashift to turn this team into a super bowl contender. They do have some nice young pieces on the D in Manny Lawson and Patrick Willis, but I think their coaching staff leaves much to be desired. Will Mike Martz be able to turn around the offense? I don't think so.

Steelers - The first shall be last, and the last shall be first! :chuckle: With a seemingly amped up offense and a solid defense as usual, I think we have a big chance to get the sixth ring within the next 2-4 years. (I would be disappointed if we didn't with the talent we've suddenly amassed.) If we would've had better O-line play last year, I think within 2 years would be reasonable, but that's still a big question mark for me.

I'm excited for our Steelers! This could be the year, and if it ain't, well, there's a bright future! :drink:

Edit. Oh, who mentioned a Pats* / Cowgirls super bowl matchup? *shudders* God forbid it should ever be so!

Preacher
05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Cowboys/pats SB? In Revelation?

Hmmm....

Not sure it is in there... but maybe it is apocryphal?

fansince'76
05-07-2008, 11:31 PM

I also kept hearing about how the Jets were supposed to be serious competition to the Pats* in the AFC East last offseason after the "Mangenius'" 10-6 rookie campaign as HC in '06, and then they fall back to 4-12 this past season. Just saying any team can have a fluke year (see Bengals, 2005). The Browns were a couple of lucky bounces and another typical horribly botched job of clock management by Mike Holmgren away from being 7-9 as opposed to 10-6. On top of that, while we were adding players like Mendenhall and Sweed to our team through the draft, the Browns were sitting around unable to do anything until round 4 after shooting their wad in FA. To sum up, I think the Steelers still have question marks going into '08 (primarily on the OL), but so do the Browns, namely in a paper-thin secondary that got absolutely torched last season and lost arguably its best player in Bodden for a gamble of a DL in Rogers who has had a history of weight and motivational issues.

Rhee Rhee
05-08-2008, 03:11 AM

steeltown isn't much different!

not that i know anything because ur always out of it if u live in hawaii..

pittsburgh = one for the left

Edman
05-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I feel as long as the Steelers have Ben, they'll be in the running for number six for many years. But the team has to come together to actually get it.

steelreserve
05-08-2008, 12:08 PM

No, but the 49ers have almost no chance of doing the same. Their incompetent ownership sees to that. They're cheap, they have no idea how to find talented players (or hire staff who can), and on the rare occasions when they DO spend money, they have the uncanny ability to let their talented guys walk while they throw $8-million-a-year contracts at guys who turn out to not even be starters in a season or two.

And you'll NEVER see them admit they screwed up. Think Al Davis, only with no experience whatsoever in playing for, coaching, or owning a football team.

Actually, scratch that. With no experience, you'd still probably do better than the Yorks. You're not born that bad, you GET that bad.