PDA

View Full Version : Another Printable Steelers 2008 Schedule (I made this myself)

Cricker24
05-08-2008, 06:25 PM
hi everyone!!
my name is Chris and i'm from Easton, PA. i'm sure you're all wondering who i am since i've never posted here before. i've been what you would call a "lurker" i guess. i've been on this forum a lot over the years, but i never thought of posting. anyway, i just finished making a Steelers 2008 Schedule for myself and i thought i would share it with everyone. please don't think i'm trying to take vader29's place as the resident schedule maker. :chuckle: i put A LOT of hard work into this design. over 12 hours to be exact. why 12+ hours you may ask? well, i'm in a wheelchair and i use a ventilator to breathe. i do everything on my computer by using my chin to move a trackball, which is very similar to a mouse, and i use an on-screen keyboard to type. anyway, that's one reason it took me so long to make this. that and the fact that i'm picky about my work. :chuckle: i have my own business, designing custom t-shirts, so i love doing creative things like this. i'm 31-years-old and the biggest passion in my life is the Pittsburgh Steelers. my parents tell me that i wasn't even 3-years-old when i began my dedication to the Black & Gold. ok, i'll stop rambling now. i'm sorry the image isn't bigger. i scanned a printed copy of the original and the file size was way too big to Upload on here. it was something like 4.8MB. so i got it down below the minimum file size for here, but it also shrank the overall size of the image. if anyone knows how to reduce the file size without shrinking the image or losing the quality of the image, please let me know. please feel free to leave any feedback about my work. thanks for taking the time to read this and i'll try to be more of a regular poster.

GO STEELERS!!!!

Chris P.

klick81
05-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Wow, this one's actually very nice as well! Your hard work is greatly appreciated Cricker.

fansince'76
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Wow, very nice work, Cricker! It looks like I'll have 2 Steelers schedules on my wall at work this season - vader29's and yours! Thanks for posting this! Welcome to the board! :cheers:

19ward86
05-08-2008, 07:40 PM
OMG, great work. im definitaly printing myself one tomorrow.

NJarhead
05-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Nice work. Thank you. :drink:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Nice job.
Welcome to Steelers Fever

Steelman16
05-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Very nice work! And welcome to the boards. :)

Galax Steeler
05-09-2008, 03:28 AM
Great job and welcome to the board.

Elvis
05-09-2008, 05:35 AM
:hatsoff: Nice job. A nice way to start things off as a member of Steelersfever.. Welcome Home

Cricker24
05-09-2008, 06:51 PM
thanks for all of the kind words!! i really appreciate it!! i'm working on a desktop wallpaper with the '08 schedule. i'll post that when it's done.

Chris P.

nojobny
05-09-2008, 09:43 PM
good job. I like that it includes preseason.

(hey.. when did we start letting newbies post attachments?)

beSteelmyheart
05-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Nice job & welcome! I'll be looking forward to the desktop version!

BettisFan
05-09-2008, 11:47 PM
really nice!

rbryan
05-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Nice job Chris. I have it up in my office. Thanks!

GutterflowerSteel
05-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Beautiful - thanks for sharing, Chris - and welcome to the board! :tt02:

vader29
05-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Looks great! :tt02:

Dodt
05-18-2008, 03:07 PM
you did a good job on that schedule . it reminds me of the posters of team schedules they have in beer distributors. makes we wish the steelers sold a poster of there schedule.

VTsteel
05-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Wow!

That's really well done - Thanks Chris!

Steelers1bub
05-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Awesome, thanks!

SteelersMongol
06-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Awesome job. Thank you.

katk9
06-18-2008, 10:14 PM
This is my first time seeing this post, and I must say it is an amazing job that you have done with the 08 schedule. Keep it up, you're good. :thumbsup:

Steelercrazy
08-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I am new to this forum (I love it!).

I have a question. I tried to load this schedule as well as vader 29's, but only half the schedule loads. I'm not the most computer literate person out here, so maybe I need to do something to load the whole page. Can anyone help me?

(I will introduce myself on the introduction page).

GO STEELERS!:tt02:

Thanks.

PalmerSteel
08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
thanks for all of the kind words!! i really appreciate it!! i'm working on a desktop wallpaper with the '08 schedule. i'll post that when it's done.

Chris P.

any luck with that wallpaper?

fansince'76
08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I am new to this forum (I love it!).

I have a question. I tried to load this schedule as well as vader 29's, but only half the schedule loads. I'm not the most computer literate person out here, so maybe I need to do something to load the whole page. Can anyone help me?

(I will introduce myself on the introduction page).

GO STEELERS!:tt02:

Thanks.

Hello Steelercrazy, and welcome to the board once again. :cheers:

When you say only half the schedule loads, I am assuming that when you open the attachment, it opens up "half-sized?" To make it full size and printable to a full page, hover your mouse pointer around the bottom lower-right-hand corner of the schedule itself until the resize button (circled in red in screenshot below) appears. Click on this button to expand the schedule to full size and then print it. :smile:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/screenshot-14.jpg

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 11:17 AM
WOW, wasn't paying attention to this thread til now. That's a sweet looking schedule. I am going to print that out and replace the other schedule I have up (I have one for each AFCN team.) Naturally, I'm hoping to fill this with one more L in the total tally than what the Browns have! LOL

Steelercrazy
08-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Actually it's only half the schedule that loads. It loads almost down to the New England game and stops. So, I'm not getting the whole schedule at all. I can resize what's there, but I'm not getting the entire schedule.

fansince'76
08-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Actually it's only half the schedule that loads. It loads almost down to the New England game and stops. So, I'm not getting the whole schedule at all. I can resize what's there, but I'm not getting the entire schedule.

Odd. Very odd. Could be any number of things causing that - could be a browser problem, could be a network/firewall issue. If you're at home, I would suggest shutting your PC down, unplugging and plugging your DSL/cable modem back in, restarting your PC and trying again(?)

The Duke
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for your reply.

oh, that happens to me sometimes when my connection goes to hell.

usually what I do is erase cookies. if you're using firefox go to tools>options>show cookies>remove all cookies

or if you don't want to erase all cookies search for forums.steelersfever.com on the list and erase that one

it should work since the link says steelersfever.com

http://forums.steelersfever.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=559&d=1210287551

if you're using Internet Explorer or something else I wouldn't know what to tell you. but it's probably about cookies too

hope this helps :drink:

43Hitman
08-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Great job Chris! Thanks for sharing.

vader29
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
It may help to delete your temporary internet files, also try right clicking on the link and save it to your desktop and try opening the image up from there.

Stlrs4Life
08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Nice job, thanks.