PDA

View Full Version : Look how the bengals treat there own fansites

Aussie_steeler
05-09-2008, 06:35 AM
06 May Bengals Threaten StripeHype with a lawsuit

Well, looks like the Cincinnati Bengals are first in something. The fansided.com blog network is a collaboration of fan NFL blogs run by fans of the teams. Cincinnati has contacted our main office to threaten us with a lawsuit over using pictures (that are out in the public domain) that we gave copyright credit to the Bengals organization for. We have been forced into a redesign, as we cannot defend ourselves against Mike Brown’s deep pockets. Funny, we’ve been in touch with the Bengals (PR Director Jack Brennan) via email several times (me personally). I’ve invited him to browse the site, comment and make suggestions for our site to a benefit to the Bengals organization. Instead, we get a lawsuit threatened against us (why, Mr. Brennan, could you not just ask us to make changes?).

The Bengals claim we used copyrighted photos and logos. However, we’ve been asking for access for months as a media outlet to be able to interview players, take our own photos, etc. We’ve been turned down, stating that the Bengals “do not issue credentials to non-traditional media”. They sure will sue non-traditional media though, won’t they?

http://stripehype.com/2008/05/06/bengals-threaten-stripehype-with-a-lawsuit/

A guaranteed way to piss off your fan base or is that the public relations department in Cincy hopes to turn around the public perception for their organisation?

Welcome to the 21st century.

MACH1
05-09-2008, 06:52 PM
They shouldn't treat their one and only fan that way.

NJarhead
05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Mach c'mon, there's like 3 or 4 of them now.

Seriously though, that is pretty sh*tty of them. "Hey, we'll draft/sign players that are constantly breaking the law with no accountability what-so-ever, but our fans better watch their step!" Nice job Bengals. :thumbsup: Class act!

TackleMeBen
05-09-2008, 07:19 PM
maybe they should resign their site with prison bars and white & black stripes instead.

fansince'76
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Mach c'mon, there's like 3 or 4 of them now.

Seriously though, that is pretty sh*tty of them. "Hey, we'll draft/sign players that are constantly breaking the law with no accountability what-so-ever, but our fans better watch their step!" Nice job Bengals. :thumbsup: Class act!

Surprising for a franchise that not too long ago had a hard time giving away tickets to its home games.

Preacher
05-09-2008, 07:38 PM
What a joke.

Seems to me that the best thing to do is just to quietly discuss it with them.

NJarhead
05-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Surprising for a franchise that not too long ago had a hard time giving away tickets to its home games.

:applaudit: Exactly!

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2008, 11:15 PM
One more reason I like cheering for a world class Organization. At least they treat their fans with great respect. Unlike the Bungals :toofunny:

Galax Steeler
05-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Leave it to cinci they will always give us alot of laughs.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Good job Bungles, chase away fans.

Galax Steeler
05-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Good job Bungles, chase away fans.

What fans I didn't think they had any.

HometownGal
05-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Just more proof that the Bungles SUCK! :laughing::laughing:

SteelersMongol
05-11-2008, 10:05 PM
maybe they should resign their site with prison bars and white & black stripes instead.

:rofl: Nice one. :hatsoff:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Hey, I actually learned something from this post.
The Bengals do have fans.......
There trying to send them to jail like the rest of there team......
Maybe this is there way to allow for forum interviews?

Elvis
05-15-2008, 06:44 AM
They shouldn't treat their one and only fan that way.
:doh: That was sweet mach.. real sweet :rofl:

FordsnSteelers
05-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Thank God im a Steelers fan. Cincy has got tooooooooooooooo many issues. sad really.

NJarhead
05-16-2008, 06:14 PM
The Cincinnati Convicts?

http://blog.nola.com/tpsports/large_18mike.JPG http://www.costumesofnashua.com/CNWebSite105/Active905/Pages/CostumeRental/PrisonerPolice/Pics%20PrisonerPoliceFire/PrisonCH1421.jpg