PDA

View Full Version : Records show Sharpton owes overdue taxes, other penalties

TackleMeBen
05-09-2008, 08:52 PM
NEW YORK (AP) Big corporations give him money. Presidential candidates seek his endorsement. He has influential friends in Congress and the governor's mansion. The Rev. Al Sharpton has emerged over the past decade as perhaps the nation's most prominent civil rights leader, a status that was demonstrated again this week when he led protests against police brutality that briefly shut down six of Manhattan's major bridges and tunnels.

But he still carries baggage from his early days as a fire-breathing agitator: Government records obtained by The Associated Press indicate that Sharpton and his business entities owe nearly $1.5 million in overdue taxes and associated penalties.

http://portal.wowway.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD90IDC300%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1018&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCL1_UNEWS

GBMelBlount
05-09-2008, 08:55 PM
That's unfortunate. I like Rev Sharpton....... *wink*

TheWarDen86
05-09-2008, 09:01 PM
"Overdue taxes?" "Still owes?" Is he on a payment plan? At what point does it become "Tax Evation?" eff Sharpton! Jail his azzzzz! :mad:

TackleMeBen
05-09-2008, 09:02 PM
"Overdue taxes?" "Still owes?" Is he on a payment plan? At what point does it become "Tax Evation?" eff Sharpton! Jail his azzzzz! :mad:
they put wesley snipes in jail for it

Galax Steeler
05-10-2008, 06:25 AM
1.5 million I won't see that much in my lifetime let along pay it in taxes.

LambertIsGod58
05-10-2008, 06:29 AM
I don't know if my post got deleted or not, but I loath Al Sharpton. He's a self serving piece of crap that accuses innocent people in the name of racism. Let's not forget the Tawana Brawley and Duke lacrosse cases. Apparently innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean anything to the Rev......

klick81
05-10-2008, 09:43 AM
LET'S ATTACK HIM!!!

TheWarDen86
05-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I don't know if my post got deleted or not, but I loath Al Sharpton. He's a self serving piece of crap that accuses innocent people in the name of racism. Let's not forget the Tawana Brawley and Duke lacrosse cases. Apparently innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean anything to the Rev......

He doesn't seem to get involved in Black on Black or Black on White crime either. Hmmm.

revefsreleets
05-10-2008, 06:56 PM
If Al Sharpton was white and did the things he's done, he'd be locked up for life already. Talk about playing the race card...

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Sharpton is a freaking pimp.