PDA

View Full Version : I'm a gettin' hitched.

msafford
05-10-2008, 03:14 PM
I've recently proposed to my lovely girlfriend, and she actually said yes! ....sucker....:tt:

She doesn't know a lick about football, but I aim to brainwash her over to the ways of Steeler Nation. I think she asked me once how many periods there were in a game.

Preacher
05-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Good for you.

Here are three statements that will keep your marriage happy for years to come.

1. I am sorry honey.

2. How could I have ever thought differently honey?

3. Of course you're right honey.

Memorize, repeat, enjoy the marriage.

(Or just be dumb like the rest of us and argue... then wonder why the food is cold, the bedroom is overheated, and your clothes have a strange smell to them.

GBMelBlount
05-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Good for you.

1. I am sorry honey.

(Or just be dumb like the rest of us and argue... then wonder why the food is cold, the bedroom is overheated, and your clothes have a strange smell to them.

LOL.

but she MUST learn to say:

"Go Steelers!" :thumbsup:

Congrats man!

TackleMeBen
05-10-2008, 03:24 PM
hope yours turns out better than mine:wink02:

congrats :thumbsup:

MACH1
05-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Congrats :cheers:

And a couple more Preach left out.
Yes dear.
No those don't make you look fat. :wink02:

TackleMeBen
05-10-2008, 03:31 PM
no honey you are the most beautiful woman i know.

whatever you want dear...

(maybe i should have taught these to my pos ex husband..lol)

Jeremy
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Good for you.

1. I am sorry honey.

:applaudit:

Congrats man!

millwalldavey
05-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Congrats brother! I'm doin the deed on 11/1!

Anyone got a line on Redskins tickets for 11/3? She told me we can go to the first home game after we get married and lo and behold the boys are away, but I may be a little closer to DC for it!

msafford
05-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Good for you.

1. I am sorry honey.

but I thought I was supposed to say, "as long as you realize I'm right." I tried that with my ex wife, and I can't figure out why she left. I guess she just couldn't quite handle my undying wit and charm. :chuckle:

But seriously though, thank you all for the well-wishes. I'm happier than I ever thought possible.

HometownGal
05-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Congrats and best wishes to you and your bride-to-be! I wish you a lifetime of happiness! :drink:

http://img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/wed_engaged/1019-019-38-1103.gif

fansince'76
05-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Congratulations! :cheers: :party:

GutterflowerSteel
05-10-2008, 05:08 PM
All the best to you and your honey - congratulations! :heart:

revefsreleets
05-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Good luck with that, dude...

stlrtruck
05-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Good for you.
Or just be dumb like the rest of us and argue... then wonder why the food is cold, the bedroom is overheated, and your clothes have a strange smell to them.

I thought that was...

The food was overcooked
The bedroom was cold

And OH, congrats on the new proposal!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Good for you.

1. I am sorry honey.

Always...ALWAYS get in the last two words........"yes dear".:wink02:

TroysBadDawg
05-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Congrats, and as the two of you slide down the banister of life, may all the splinters be in the other direction. Good Luck, you will need it. but be smart teach her to cheer for the Browns then you have something to argue about. Otherwise you will always be wrong.

Just never say to her "the pants don't make you butt look big, it is the fat on it that does.

Also don't buy her a broom and tell her she can either use it to sweep or ride.

steelymcmatt
05-13-2008, 08:14 AM
REPEAT AFTER ME

"I don't know honey, what do YOU think"

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-13-2008, 08:45 AM
REPEAT AFTER ME

"I don't know honey, what do YOU think"

UNLESS....the guestion is "Do I look fat?"...then the answer is NOT .."I don't know honey, what do YOU think"....nor do you get in the last two words that I mentioned earlier..."yes dear".

steelymcmatt
05-13-2008, 03:10 PM
UNLESS....the guestion is "Do I look fat?"...then the answer is NOT .."I don't know honey, what do YOU think"....nor do you get in the last two words that I mentioned earlier..."yes dear".

:hatsoff: I'll give you that...THEN the answer is "unless you mean PHAT, then not at all honey!":laughing:

msafford
05-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Just never say to her "the pants don't make you butt look big, it is the fat on it that does.

Also don't buy her a broom and tell her she can either use it to sweep or ride.

I will keep this in mind. :chuckle:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-13-2008, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=TackleMeBen;396522]hope yours turns out better than mine:wink02:

congrats :thumbsup:

Good stuff:chuckle:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-13-2008, 03:21 PM
I am getting married july 2009........
Ive been practicing my lines.........Getting pretty good at it actually....
I am happy to say that she is a steelers fan and can remember some of the players name........

stillers4me
05-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Congrats! I have no doubt you'll teach her the ways of the Steelers Nation........and add to the numbers with great joy!

touchdownward
05-16-2008, 07:56 AM
To quote Homer Simpson... "If she says something isn't funny, you better not laugh your ass off."

I have trouble with this one. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
05-16-2008, 08:31 AM
To quote Homer Simpson... "If she says something isn't funny, you better not laugh your ass off."

I have trouble with this one. :chuckle:

Ah yes, "the 11th commandment."...why God chose to let us find that one out the hard way I'll never know. :chuckle:

msafford
05-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I am getting married july 2009........
Ive been practicing my lines.........Getting pretty good at it actually....
I am happy to say that she is a steelers fan and can remember some of the players name........

We're goin' for July '09 as well! :thumbsup: My Fiancee' does know a few names. I think she's developing a little crush on Hines. :rolleyes:

Elvis
05-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Congrats steeler pal, and I hope that your married the rest of time here on earth with this little lady. Marriage can be what you make it ole buddy. I love the fact that I have a loving wife and a awesome mother for my children.
There is nothing in the world like a womans love.. Good luck
:hatsoff:

VTsteel
05-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes dear.

My Grandfather gave me the exact same advice just after I got married :thumbsup:

msafford
06-12-2008, 11:03 PM
So..an update on the gettin' hitched. My fiancee is on her way to my house, and has the idea that she and I should walk in to our reception to a Steelers song, while waving Terrible Towels. Keep in mind she knew almost nothing about football, let alone the Steelers, before she met me. I'm a lucky man. Only problem is, I need a good recording of something. Any suggestions?

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2008, 11:48 PM
I've recently proposed to my lovely girlfriend, and she actually said yes! ....sucker....:tt:

She doesn't know a lick about football, but I aim to brainwash her over to the ways of Steeler Nation. I think she asked me once how many periods there were in a game.

Congrats and keep Preacher's words of advice in mind!!!!!

You bring her into Football with the way of the Steelers, she should consider herself a lucky woman. World Class people cheer for the Black and Gold that is worn by the Pittsburgh Steelers

The Duke
06-12-2008, 11:50 PM
So..an update on the gettin' hitched. My fiancee is on her way to my house, and has the idea that she and I should walk in to our reception to a Steelers song, while waving Terrible Towels. Keep in mind she knew almost nothing about football, let alone the Steelers, before she met me. I'm a lucky man. Only problem is, I need a good recording of something. Any suggestions?

you are a lucky man

hey, how about a black and gold tux? :tt02:

msafford
06-30-2009, 06:23 PM
HOLY CRAP !!!!! I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 4 DAYS!!!!!! :tt::tt::tt:

HometownGal
06-30-2009, 07:43 PM

Hope your wedding is just beautiful and I wish you and your bride all the best life has to offer! :hug::drink:

Fire Haley
06-30-2009, 07:44 PM
HOLT CRAP!!!!

One and a half words

Pre-Nuptials

msafford
06-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Hope your wedding is just beautiful and I wish you and your bride all the best life has to offer! :hug::drink:

Thank you HTG!!! :hug: I will be posting many pics over on facebook. The only thing I'm nervous about is the fact that I'm playing the piano for all the Moms to come down the aisle. Other than that, I've been waiting for this day my whole life!! :dancing::banana::yeehaw:

Preacher
06-30-2009, 09:10 PM

Just remember... Wear warm socks.

NONE of the thoughts you or your fiance are having from this point forward are real... until a week after the wedding or more.

Just ignore them, and get ready for a long and great life together.

tony hipchest
06-30-2009, 09:19 PM
The only thing I'm nervous about is the fact that I'm playing the piano for all the Moms to come down the aisle. :

very cool. :thumbsup:

uber touch o' class! :drink: (theme song from TITANTIC?)

SteelCityMan786
06-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Congrats bro. Hope the marriage is a long and successful one.

msafford
06-30-2009, 09:35 PM
very cool. :thumbsup:

uber touch o' class! :drink: (theme song from TITANTIC?)

:laughing:

Thanks, Tony! :) No Titanic....it's called, "In Heaven's Eyes." It's an old Sandi Patti song. The goal is to see how much of a blubbering fool I can turn my mom into by the time she makes it down the aisle. :sofunny:

stlrtruck
07-01-2009, 08:01 AM
:laughing:

Thanks, Tony! :) No Titanic....it's called, "In Heaven's Eyes." It's an old Sandi Patti song. The goal is to see how much of a blubbering fool I can turn my mom into by the time she makes it down the aisle. :sofunny:

Good luck with the blubbering mom and may God bless your marriage!

Galax Steeler
07-01-2009, 08:04 AM
3 more days and all of your troubles will be over.:rofl:

msafford
07-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Some pics from the wedding/honeymoon for my Steelers Fever Bretheren

How in the world did I score this hottie? Must be my wit and charm.

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/bluecoat96/MattAmySaffordwedding046.jpg

Pimping the Steelers in the ocean. People stared. I could have cared less.

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/bluecoat96/MattAmySaffordwedding104.jpg

At the resort

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/bluecoat96/MattAmySaffordwedding188.jpg

My second favorite pastime on the honeymoon

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/bluecoat96/MattAmySaffordwedding107.jpg

fansince'76
07-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Congrats and good luck! :cheers:

Preacher
07-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Congrats...

And get ready, your life has just changed immeasurably

NJarhead
07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Congratulations! :drink:

touchdownward
07-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Enjoy the honeymoon, because when you get married, you turn bisexual whether you like it or not. Yeah, that's right, you get sex twice a year, your birthday and New Year's Eve!!!:chuckle:

Just kidding, you 2 make a nice looking couple, hope it lasts a lifetime. :drink:

stillers4me
07-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Congrats! What a beautiful couple you make........here's to the future new little Steelers fans sure to follow! :cheers:

HometownGal
07-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics of your wedding with us hon! :drink: You do indeed have a lovely bride! :thumbsup:

Best wishes now and always!

SteelersMongol
07-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Congratulations. :hug: I hope the kids would take their looks from their mom. :wink02: :chuckle: Just playing.

I wish U guys the very best of everything U want & God bless.:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
07-16-2009, 08:08 AM
GREAT PICS and CONGRATS!

Enjoy your life together!