PDA

View Full Version : A Truly Inspirational Video

HometownGal
05-10-2008, 08:28 PM
This video was sent to me by a very dear friend. My Mom, who will be 86 next month, is beginning to exhibit some signs of dementia. This video really hit me hard, but also opened my eyes and made me realize that I need to be more patient and understanding.

Every second that you can spend with your parents and grandparents - DO IT!! Never hesitate or forget to let them know how much you love and appreciate them for who they are and the love, patience, understanding and guidance they gave you when you needed it the most, in addition to giving you LIFE itself.

You may need Kleenex while watching this video - I sure did.

Thank you Steve! :hug:

http://parentswish.com/site01/big.html

GBMelBlount
05-10-2008, 10:54 PM
My wife, daughter and I were in Dayton OH last weekend to visit my father for his 89th birthday........what an amazing man. Kleenex...indeed.

Preacher
05-10-2008, 11:12 PM
My wife, daughter and I were in Dayton OH last weekend to visit my father for his 89th birthday........what an amazing man. Kleenex...indeed.

That sure is a depressing city though isn't it?

Atlanta Dan
05-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Tom Friedman of The New York Times has a similar observation today

Whenever I’ve had the honor of giving a college graduation speech, I always try to end it with this story about the legendary University of Alabama football coach, Bear Bryant. Late in his career, after his mother had died, South Central Bell Telephone Company asked Bear Bryant to do a TV commercial. As best I can piece together, the commercial was supposed to be very simple — just a little music and Coach Bryant saying in his tough voice: “Have you called your mama today?”

On the day of the filming, though, he decided to ad-lib something. He reportedly looked into the camera and said: “Have you called your mama today? I sure wish I could call mine.” That was how the commercial ran, and it got a huge response from audiences.

So on this Mother’s Day, if you take one thing away from this column, take this: Call your mother.

I sure wish I could call mine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/opinion/11friedman.html?ref=opinion

GBMelBlount
05-11-2008, 07:49 AM
That sure is a depressing city though isn't it?

Yes, it is so bad even the preachers flee to the farthest corners of the world to get away from there. :wink02:

Preacher
05-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Yes, it is so bad even the preachers flee to the farthest corners of the world to get away from there. :wink02:

:chuckle:

We thought and prayed about moving there... but it was just never right.