PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs...

DAalltheway
05-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Whats up guys Im new in the forum and bring no ill will but I was just wondering what you guys thought your chances are of making the playoffs with the schedule you guys got?

fansince'76
05-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Well, we have 8 games against '07 playoff teams next season - just like the Browns do. I don't see the Bengals or Ravens cracking 6 wins, so I think we have a fair to middling shot - somebody from the AFCN has to go.

DAalltheway
05-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Well, we have 8 games against '07 playoff teams next season - just like the Browns do. I don't see the Bengals or Ravens cracking 6 wins, so I think we have a fair to middling shot - somebody from the AFCN has to go.

The only discrepancy between games I think is that you guys play the Pats and the Chargers and the Browns play the Bills and the Broncos. I feel like the Browns will beat both of those teams and I know that nobody goes into a season thinking that they are going to lose games but the Pats and Chargers are significantly better teams than the Broncos and the Bills. Only one team is going to go from this division and beating the Pats and Chargers while being consistent against the North and the NFC East is going to be extremely difficult...even if it is just because of those two games.

fansince'76
05-10-2008, 09:09 PM
The only discrepancy between games I think is that you guys play the Pats and the Chargers and the Browns play the Bills and the Broncos. I feel like the Browns will beat both of those teams and I know that nobody goes into a season thinking that they are going to lose games but the Pats and Chargers are significantly better teams than the Broncos and the Bills. Only one team is going to go from this division and beating the Pats and Chargers while being consistent against the North and the NFC East is going to be extremely difficult...even if it is just because of those two games.

Two games? When is the last time the Browns beat the Steelers? It's a wash.

SteelCityMan786
05-10-2008, 09:11 PM
If everything goes accordingly, this year the Steelers I think go at worst 12-4.

HometownGal
05-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Only one team is going to go from this division and beating the Pats and Chargers while being consistent against the North and the NFC East is going to be extremely difficult...even if it is just because of those two games.

I'd have to say a 5-1 record against the North last season wasn't anything to shake a paw at.

The Steelers have owned the Browns for how many years now? No doubt in my mind that the Browns have nightmares about the Steelers long before the two teams meet every season.

JanBr7
05-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Personally, I think that playing all those good teams is a positive. It will keep us at the top of our game. There will be very few if any "gimme" games this year, so the guys will have to prepare well and be ready for all of them. I think they have a good chance to go 11-5, which would be good enough to win the division. I also think Anderson falls off a little in 08, and the Browns have some trouble with all their free agents 'fitting in'. They won't be overlooked by anyone, either!

SteelCityMan786
05-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Two games? When is the last time the Browns beat the Steelers? It's a wash.

When pigs last attempted to fly:coffee:

CantStop85
05-10-2008, 09:25 PM
If everything goes accordingly, this year the Steelers I think go at worst 12-4.

http://www.bornrich.org/images/gold-glasses_12.jpg

fansince'76
05-10-2008, 09:28 PM

Well, I'm getting a little tired of the conjecturing already. We're the defending AFCN champs until we get knocked off the hill. The pundits and so-called "experts" can hand the Browns the division title on paper now all they want, but if the Browns want the real prize, they're going to have to actually take it from us. We'll see how the season plays out.

Preacher
05-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Sure is nice to see a brown fan come on here though.. and actually debate.

The problem, is that I don't think the Browns will match up to every team the way we do... so I think the Browns many lose a couple more games.

Furthermore, I doubt we lose to both the Pats and the CHargers... and the Bronco's won't beat us this year, they did last year barely, while we were having a HORRIBLE game.

Preacher
05-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, I'm getting a little tired of the conjecture already. We're the defending AFCN champs until we get knocked off the hill. The pundits and so-called "experts" can hand the Browns the division title on paper now all they want, but if the Browns want the real prize, they're going to have to actually take it from us. We'll see how the season plays out.

Funny how this was always going to be the Bengal's division.. .though the Bengals only did something once... and only then saw us beat them and win the SB.

fansince'76
05-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Funny how this was always going to be the Bengal's division.. .though the Bengals only did something once... and only then saw us beat them and win the SB.

Exactly - the Browns have had a grand total of TWO winning seasons since 1999 and they have quite a bear of a schedule as well. Like I said, they want the AFCN crown, they're going to have to take it.

Preacher
05-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Exactly - the Browns have had a grand total of TWO winning seasons since 1999 and they have quite a bear of a schedule as well. Like I said, they want the AFCN crown, they're going to have to take it.

Yep.

this year, it seems, it seems like our going over to Cleveland and demanding a win is over. We are going to have to work for it. However, we ain't giving it up either.

fansince'76
05-10-2008, 09:40 PM

Have CJ and Levi gotten over their diaper rash yet? :coffee:

CantStop85
05-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Have CJ
Who? :noidea:

Preacher
05-10-2008, 10:03 PM

Is that a man or woman?

steel striker
05-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm not over looking the browns but, let's face it our record against them speaks for it self. Since Ben has been at the helm we have never lost to those browns and, I don't see that changing anytime soon. I know how tough our schedule is this year but, we still have a pretty good football team when healthy. As for the rat birds i think it will be a tough year for them but, with Flacco and a few years they will be on the rise. The bungles still have issues on defense CJ will be a distraction that will take this team right out. So I see us winning the division again.

Preacher
05-10-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm not over looking the browns but, let's face it our record against them speaks for it self. Since Ben has been at the helm we have never lost to those browns and, I don't see that changing anytime soon. I know how tough our schedule is this year but, we still have a pretty good football team when healthy. As for the rat birds i think it will be a tough year for them but, with Flacco and a few years they will be on the rise. The bungles still have issues on defense CJ will be a distraction that will take this team right out. So I see us winning the division again.

Honestly...

I see us splitting the games with the Browns this year... and winning against the rest of the division.

I see us beating a team or two the Browns lose to, and thus, we win the division.

Elvis
05-11-2008, 05:58 AM
If our o line really improves obviously like our front office thinks it will, and Ben continues to improve like he did last year then this Steelers game can win that many games I think. Everything changes from season to season with how good teams do record wise. On paper, the Steelers schedule is brutal, but lets see how things play out.
I think that a more ideal guess on our record would be like 10-6 again this season.
:tt02:

Galax Steeler
05-11-2008, 06:12 AM
It's nice to see the browns fans have hope but it is like the bungholes they don't stand a snowballs chance in hell we own the afc north.:tt02:

rdsovchen
05-11-2008, 10:45 AM
:mad: A Brown's fan wants to know what we think.....!!! See below you moron! What the hell do you think we think?:fingers:

BettisFan
05-11-2008, 10:59 AM
100 percent

millwalldavey
05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
12-4................................................. ...................
.................................................. .............and 6!!!

DAalltheway
05-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Sure is nice to see a brown fan come on here though.. and actually debate.

The problem, is that I don't think the Browns will match up to every team the way we do... so I think the Browns many lose a couple more games.

Furthermore, I doubt we lose to both the Pats and the CHargers... and the Bronco's won't beat us this year, they did last year barely, while we were having a HORRIBLE game.

I think you guys are definitely the favorites for this division but anyone that says two games isnt a big deal is delusional since divisions are normally decided by one game and all it would take is a split series between you guys and the browns...My point is that instead of playing two of the best teams in the league (Pats and Chargers), the Browns are playing the Bills and the Broncos which are less "up in the air" than your games. So even if you guys DO sweep the browns, it could come down to one loss to the Pats/Chargers for them to win the division because they will beat the Bills and Broncos.

Im not a browns fan either. I just wanted to get some opinions from a forum other than my own. Im a Panther fan.

Dino 6 Rings
05-12-2008, 12:48 PM
As is the case with the Steelers since 1971, I predict we have a great chance of making the playoffs regardless of the schedule. Sure we had some down time in the 80s, but basically, the NFL understands, when it comes to the AFC playoffs, the Steelers have a reservation every year unless we implode by say, having our starting QB faceplant a windshield in the off season or have major problems with injuries early on in the season. Basically, the question is, who are the other 5 AFC teams that have a chance of getting in.

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Im not a browns fan either. I just wanted to get some opinions from a forum other than my own. Im a Panther fan.

With a screen name of DAalltheway? OK. Not to mention the fact that you seem to have downplayed the Browns' schedule as a piece of cake while coloring ours as insurmountable, despite the fact both teams play 8 games each against teams that made the playoffs this past season. The fact is, Derek Anderson's performance tapered off big time as the season went on last year and as teams compiled more and more film on him, and that's a big reason the Browns didn't make the playoffs.

Elvis
05-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the forrums DA.. I am from and live in western NC. I sure do pull for the Panthers as well as long as they are not playing the steelers. Jake Delhome has got to come back strong for them to have much of a chance this year though.
Again, welcome to the forrums and enjoy!!

Elvis
05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
:mad: A Brown's fan wants to know what we think.....!!! See below you moron! What the hell do you think we think?:fingers:
That is no way to treat someone that seems fairly nice coming in here where he doesnt know anyone rdsovchen... oh.. by the way.. you havent been here long enough to start that either.
:doh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-12-2008, 12:59 PM
With the schedule and no real improvement on the D-line or secondary I see a problem getting off the field on 3rd downs again........10-6 AFC champs.....or 9-7 fighting for a wildcard.

tony hipchest
05-12-2008, 01:11 PM
With a screen name of DAalltheway?

(DeAngello)

browns play the steelers twice. the steelers will beat the patriots and chargers.

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 01:13 PM
(DeAngello)

Ah - figured it signified Derek Anderson. :chuckle:

moedap
05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
With the schedule and no real improvement on the D-line or secondary I see a problem getting off the field on 3rd downs again........10-6 AFC champs.....or 9-7 fighting for a wildcard.

The Steelers inability in the last few years with 3rd down and longs was a result of the LBrs inability to create pressure on the QB not the D-line.

BettisFan
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
could any steeler fan honestly think we wont make the playoffs?

DACEB
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM

Seems like a long way to go for a Panthers fan. We'll all hate the Panthers just as much as the Browns, when we play them and Cowher's coaching them.

DAalltheway
05-12-2008, 07:19 PM
With a screen name of DAalltheway? OK. Not to mention the fact that you seem to have downplayed the Browns' schedule as a piece of cake while coloring ours as insurmountable, despite the fact both teams play 8 games each against teams that made the playoffs this past season. The fact is, Derek Anderson's performance tapered off big time as the season went on last year and as teams compiled more and more film on him, and that's a big reason the Browns didn't make the playoffs.

I didnt say it was insurmountable, I simply pointed out that there was a two game difference that could loom very large since you guys are playing a team that went 18-1 and a team that almost beat that 18-1 team. AS OPPOSED to the Browns (the other favorite in your division) that is playing a mediocre Broncos team and a Bills team that is still searching for an identity. Its a valid point. I have nothing against the steelers man. I dont root for them but I dont hate them either so you dont have to be combative.

Appreciate the love Elvis and yes I feel like if Jake comes back strong we will make a strong playoff campaign..

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 07:47 PM
I didnt say it was insurmountable, I simply pointed out that there was a two game difference that could loom very large since you guys are playing a team that went 18-1 and a team that almost beat that 18-1 team. AS OPPOSED to the Browns (the other favorite in your division) that is playing a mediocre Broncos team and a Bills team that is still searching for an identity. Its a valid point.

Fair enough, but as I pointed out, if this coming season's head-to-head matchups between the two teams stays true to the same form it has since 2004, we'll win both games rendering the two-game difference you speak of a wash - also a valid point. If that scenario comes to pass, with everything else being equal, we win the division again based entirely on the head-to-head tiebreaker, just like this past season.

TackleMeBen
05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p74/EmotiClogzz/Pigs_fly.gif