PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl for Ben

billybob
05-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Seems to me despite all that happened last year,Big Ben still made the pro-Bowl.
True,we had some trouble keeping key drives alive,and i have stated before,our special teams had a lot to do with where we ended up.We had some key injuries,in key positions,at some bad times.
I see Tomlins second year as a head coach,just as important for him as it is for our second year players.I think he will be ready to make that next big step.I think he learned a lot about challenges last season,when to challenge a call,and when not to.
I know time will tell if i am right,but i have good feelings about this coming season.:tt:

millwalldavey
05-11-2008, 06:03 PM
As do I rabbit, as do I!

rich4eagle
05-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Seems to me despite all that happened last year,Big Ben still made the pro-Bowl.
True,we had some trouble keeping key drives alive,and i have stated before,our special teams had a lot to do with where we ended up.We had some key injuries,in key positions,at some bad times.
I see Tomlins second year as a head coach,just as important for him as it is for our second year players.I think he will be ready to make that next big step.I think he learned a lot about challenges last season,when to challenge a call,and when not to.
I know time will tell if i am right,but i have good feelings about this coming season.:tt:

Ben will emerge soon as the best QB in football.............:tt::hatsoff:

slashsteel
05-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Ben will emerge soon as the best QB in football............ You mean he isn't already? ;)

I couldn't think of a better QB for our team. You can have a Brady. I'll take a big mobile gutsy QB any day of the week. Hell our QB even has a STEEL plate inserted into his face. If that doesn't scream Steelers, I don' know what does....................

:tt02:

SteelersMongol
05-11-2008, 09:52 PM
You mean he isn't already? ;)

I couldn't think of a better QB for our team. You can have a Brady. I'll take a big mobile gutsy QB any day of the week. Hell our QB even has a STEEL plate inserted into his face. If that doesn't scream Steelers, I don' know what does....................

Brady is not the best QB, cuz he cheated his arse off 2 "win" 3 SBs. Instead of practicing he was studying the other teams' defensive signals.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Ben just needs some time to throw the ball, and his receivers need to get open sooner.
I think with the addition of mendenhall and sweed, the defense is going to have to respect both the run and the pass at all times.

Tomlin should let someone else hold the challenge flag!

tony hipchest
05-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Hell our QB even has a STEEL plate inserted into his face. If that doesn't scream Steelers, I don' know what does....................

:tt02::chuckle:

i never thought of it that way...

:drink:

with breaking nfl records his rookie season, winning the sb in his 2nd, rebounding from his accident in his third, and finally breaking franchise records in his fourth, i think ben has shown enough to be considered as an all-pro/pro bowler, every season.

favre has retired, and one day manning and brady will. lets hope ben stays healthy enough to carry the torch (or even better yet, snatch it away from them.)

Rhee Rhee
05-12-2008, 04:33 AM
i can't think of a QB who has broken more tackles last season... i'm sure he could've given a few RBs a run for their money on # of broken tackles...

ben still makes a few errors here and there but then again so has manning and brady and even farve who btw is the nfl career leader in INTs...

changAlang24
05-12-2008, 04:59 AM
i can't think of a QB who has broken more tackles last season... i'm sure he could've given a few RBs a run for their money on # of broken tackles...

ben still makes a few errors here and there but then again so has manning and brady and even farve who btw is the nfl career leader in INTs...

Ben was definitely on his heels all last year. Vs the broncos I remember, dumervil was wreaking havoc on our O line yet Ben managed to escape pressure a lot of time.

Yes, we all know about Favres INT record, and I dont think Ben is in that category, niether is he in the Brady, Manning category, who win year in and year out, although I do agree with you, Ben does make some mistakes.

HIs decision making is going to be key this year with our schedule. He cant make as many bonehead plays with the emergence of teams in our division, as well as the caliber of defenses we are going up against this year.

if things pan our for him, I can see us getting some impressive wins, and 11-5 or so.

Galax Steeler
05-12-2008, 06:01 AM
I have no complaints about ben he is a great quarterback and will continue to be great for years to come.

Elvis
05-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I think it all comes down to our O line giving Ben time to get the ball off and he just needs to be a little more on target at times. Of course I think that if he is not scared to death everytime he drops back that will help him more than anything... He is pro-bowl bound for years I think.

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 10:16 AM
....he just needs to be a little more on target at times.

So a 65.4 completion percentage, a 104.1 QB rating, an almost 3:1 TD:INT ratio, and a Steelers season record for TD passes still isn't good enough? I have a feeling some fans are never going to be satisfied with this kid. And people wonder why Bradshaw had such a beef with Steelers fans for so many years.

TackleMeBen
05-12-2008, 10:21 AM
So a 65.4 completion percentage, a 104.1 QB rating, an almost 3:1 TD:INT ratio, and a Steelers season record for TD passes still isn't good enough? I have a feeling some fans are never going to be satisfied with this kid. And people wonder why Bradshaw had such a beef with Steelers fans for so many years.
where is our favorite ben hater poster. i am sure he would have a good take on this.

if he made it to the pro bowl last year with that crappy oline we had, i am sure he can make it again this year, if he doesnt get injuried.

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 10:34 AM
if he made it to the pro bowl last year with that crappy oline we had, i am sure he can make it again this year, if he doesnt get injuried.

Exactly, if he had an OL that could actually pass block, his numbers would have been better. Oh, that's right - the almost 50 sacks he took were all his fault because he holds the ball too long, my bad.

TackleMeBen
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Exactly, if he had an OL that could actually pass block, his numbers would have been better. Oh, that's right - the almost 50 sacks he took were all his fault because he holds the ball too long, my bad.
yeah '76, you for got its all bens fault he got sacked 50 times last season.. faneca was excellent last season at blocking his man. :chuckle:.. you and ben need to be put in the dog house. you for forgetting its his fault and him for getting sacked 50 times... he isnt playing for the lions. 50 sacks is unacceptable.

siss
05-13-2008, 10:21 AM
As I have said from the day Ben put on the Black and Gold: "Ben is gods gift to Steeler fans!"

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-13-2008, 10:33 AM

According to Emmit Smith...A QB who holds the ball long enough gives his O-line time to find their man.:doh:

TackleMeBen
05-13-2008, 10:34 AM
According to Emmit Smith...A QB who holds the ball long enough gives his O-line time to find their man.:doh:
yes that is right b/c emmit smith was a great Olineman..... :chuckle:

HometownGal
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
As I have said from the day Ben put on the Black and Gold: "Ben is gods gift to Steeler fans!"

Preach on sista! :drink::tt03:

BettisFan
05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
with out big ben we would be nothing, honestly he is an amazing player and leader

lilyoder6
05-13-2008, 11:09 AM
of course ben's numbers should be better this upcoming season w/ arians having a yr under his belt and knowing the game better from a OC standpoint.. and adding sweed and rashard will help a lot

steelreserve
05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I sure hope they consider him every year. That'll only barely start to make up for the first two years, when the league seemed like they were absolutely breaking their necks to pick anyone else but Ben to go to the Pro Bowl. Including mediocre QBs on losing teams.

TackleMeBen
05-13-2008, 08:23 PM
I sure hope they consider him every year. That'll only barely start to make up for the first two years, when the league seemed like they were absolutely breaking their necks to pick anyone else but Ben to go to the Pro Bowl. Including mediocre QBs on losing teams.
you wouldnt be referring to Palmer?:flap: