PDA

View Full Version : Flacco makes strong first impression with Ravens

TackleMeBen
05-12-2008, 08:05 AM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) - Joe Flacco (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/535193) dropped back in the pocket, scanned the field, profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltered his arm and tossed a spiral far downfield. Mark Clayton (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/299893) sprinted under the ball and made the catch in stride, one step ahead of the defender

Ah, if only playing quarterback in the NFL was that easy. Instead of pumping his fist or showing any outward sign of pleasure, the first-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67065) simply walked away from the line of scrimmage and awaited another opportunity.
"I'm just moving onto the next play. The last thing I'm thinking about is the play I just completed," Flacco said. "This is a new offense for me, and I'm worried about the next play and making sure I know what to do."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8122314/Flacco-makes-strong-first-impression-with-Ravens

guess baltimore may have found their new qb.. bye bye boller.

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 08:38 AM
"Yeah, it's definitely different to see Ray Lewis come into the locker room and be on your team. I'll get used to that, but I don't know if I am right now," Flacco said. "... He was just joking around with me, telling me he was going to get a pick off of me, all those kind of things. We'll see."

Just don't turn your back on him, Joe.

tony hipchest
05-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Just don't turn your back on him, Joe.yeah, flacco better tune his ear a little better to ray-ray's garbled mumblings.

he didnt say he was going to get a nice pick.

he said he was going to grab an ice pick. :jawdrop:

TackleMeBen
05-12-2008, 09:01 AM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii139/blueinaction/untitled.jpg

tony hipchest
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii139/blueinaction/untitled.jpg
thats one hell of a shiv...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8083e5a2&template=with-video&confirm=true

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ray Lewis had some advice for the rookie teammate who would command the greatest amount of attention during the first practice of the Baltimore Ravens' mandatory minicamp.

"Don't be scared to be the second Ben Roethlisberger," Lewis told Joe Flacco before the Ravens took the field on a rainy Friday.

The message was clear: As a rookie quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2004, Roethlisberger enjoyed considerable success, largely because he made himself a complement to a strong defense rather than taking it upon himself to carry the team on his young shoulders.

Like Roethlisberger, Flacco is a first-round draft pick. Like Roethlisberger, who came from Miami of Ohio, Flacco, a former Delaware Blue Hen, does not have major-college pedigree. And like Roethlisberger, Flacco has a top-notch defense he can lean on.

"When you're able to surround that much (defensive strength) around a person who has any type of talent, it makes them blossom," Lewis said. "That's why Ben Roethlisberger grew up so quickly."

:tap: i think theyre trying to compare flacco to somebody...

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 10:23 AM
"When you're able to surround that much (defensive strength) around a person who has any type of talent, it makes them blossom," Lewis said. "That's why Ben Roethlisberger grew up so quickly."

Why did they go 5-11 last year then? McGahee had over 1,200 yards on the season rushing. Do Boller and Smith really suck that badly? I think maybe the fact that their D was 22nd in points allowed may have had something to do with it. Too bad for them it isn't 2000 anymore.

Dino 6 Rings
05-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Look forward to seeing the rookie get his head handed to him by our defense.

Edman
05-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Well then, Ray. You and the "dominant D" better step up your game then. The Ravens D wasn't very dominant last year.

steel striker
05-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Well time tell about how Joe will do but, I still think Ben is a special player. Now I live in Delaware so I have seen him play and, sure he has a big arm. It takes more than just a big arm to make in the NFL. There is no I in T E A M. Like it mentioned above the rats don't have that shut down defense anymore so, I guess we will see what happens this year. Maybe I am a little bias here but, just because you come from a small school and your 6'5 240 lbs and have a gun don't call yourself comparable to Ben. You got to prove it on the field and, off.

lilyoder6
05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
that d is aging very quickly... and there window is closing yr after yr.. they just haven't found anyone else to plug into that d to give young life again other than suggs.. and there off wasn't that good w/ the qb's fumbling or throwing int's

TackleMeBen
05-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Look forward to seeing the rookie get his head handed to him by our defense.
i smell woodley planting flacco a few times..:tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Flacco could end up being a very good QB...but then again Ryan Leaf was a can't-miss NFL QB.

I love the fact that everyone notes how he has such a strong arm. You know who else on the QB roster has a very strong arm? Kyle Boller...the failure that he is.

Great job throwing with pinpoint accuracy in minicamp Flacco...now lets see you do it with a guy like James Harrison coming in to knock your head off.

Elvis
05-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I think that the Ravens have a good enough defense to win with a good offense.. not a great offense.. a good offense! A QB that makes some plays and doesnt turn the ball over will go a long way with this team right now.
:helmet:

fansince'76
05-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Flacco could end up being a very good QB...but then again Ryan Leaf was a can't-miss NFL QB.

I love the fact that everyone notes how he has such a strong arm. You know who else on the QB roster has a very strong arm? Kyle Boller...the failure that he is.

Kordell had a cannon for an arm too. Arm strength really doesn't mean much in and of itself. And your example of Boller further underscores that fact.

Rhee Rhee
05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
flacco being compared to roethlisberger???

what's next... zbikowski and polamalu?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I have heard these comparisons of Flacco to Ben before.....I don't think Flacco has the mobility that Ben has.......So I don't see Flacco escaping sacks like Ben does on a regular basis.....

One thing to mention....Flacco did start out at a division one school....He use to play for Pitt and he couldn't hack it there....Which leads to believe that Flacco won't be able to hack it in the NFL....He has a strong arm and can make all the throws...But so did Jeff George and Ryan Leaf....You need more then a strong arm to succeed in the NFL....

Galax Steeler
05-19-2008, 03:50 AM
Could flacco be the next Ryan leaf I guess we will see he might be looking good now but wait till he hits the field in a game with our deffenders trying to tear his head off.

stlrtruck
05-19-2008, 08:31 AM
What's sad is no one is realizing that any of us could go into ratbird camp and make a strong first impression at QB considering who they've had there.

I mean all we would have to do is take the snap from center and take 3 steps back - then it's on to the showers (LOL)

Lord Stiller
05-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Flacco = a big Boller = a big bust

:sign02:

fansince'76
05-19-2008, 09:30 AM
What's sad is no one is realizing that any of us could go into ratbird camp and make a strong first impression at QB considering who they've had there.

I mean all we would have to do is take the snap from center and take 3 steps back - then it's on to the showers (LOL)

That's true - it really is all relative:

cur_3DSpOH4

Nice pass, Kyle! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

lilyoder6
05-19-2008, 10:28 AM
well flacco is going to a team that does have a d and a good rb in place.. at least he didn't get drafted into a shitty sitaution like most can't miss qb's (thats y they are horrible b/c the team sucks)... like ben, flacco just has to manage the game in his rookie yr

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I look forward to seeing how Flacco performs on the road, in a Monday night game against a Division Rival.

I smell a Pick 6 for Ike Taylor. (if he can hold on to the freaking ball that is going to hit him right in the hands.)

The Duke
05-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I look forward to seeing how Flacco performs on the road, in a Monday night game against a Division Rival.

I smell a Pick 6 for Ike Taylor. (if he can hold on to the freaking ball that is going to hit him right in the hands.)

that would be sweet :thumbsup: by then boller would have played like 4 games, and maybe they decide it's time for flacco to step in. what a way for your first game, against the big nasty D:tt02:

prepare for 4 sacks by harrison this time!