PDA

View Full Version : BROWNS -VS- STEELERS TONITE!!!

Elvis
05-12-2008, 01:44 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02: NFL NETWORK TONITE:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Cleveland
BROWNS
-VS-
Pittsburgh
STEELERS
From
January 5, 2003 Play-offs

Dino 6 Rings
05-12-2008, 01:51 PM
wow, the Browns were in the playoffs in 2003...seems so long ago since they had a good enough year to actually do that. I'll have to tune in. Try to remember what a viable Browns team actually looks like.

Elvis
05-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah well, the Browns should really have beaten us. We made a nice come back.. that the reason they used to call Tommy Maddox the comeback kids..
:tt02:

j-dawg
05-12-2008, 01:56 PM
wow, the Browns were in the playoffs in 2003...seems so long ago since they had a good enough year to actually do that. I'll have to tune in. Try to remember what a viable Browns team actually looks like.

that team was anything but viable... bad coaching calls (a critical time out wasted early in the second half) ... horible reciever play (northcutt is a joke) ... and most of all... No D. we got in on a wildcard, but that team was smoke and mirrors.

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 02:04 PM
that team was anything but viable... bad coaching calls (a critical time out wasted early in the second half) ... horible reciever play (northcutt is a joke) ... and most of all... No D. we got in on a wildcard, but that team was smoke and mirrors.

So were the Steelers that year - Maddox at QB and a secondary that made Kelly Holcomb look like Dan Marino. I just laugh at people who complain about the Steelers' secondary as it is now - they have REALLY short memories.

BettisFan
05-12-2008, 02:42 PM
sucks i dont have nfln yet

Elvis
05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
So were the Steelers that year - Maddox at QB and a secondary that made Kelly Holcomb look like Dan Marino. I just laugh at people who complain about the Steelers' secondary as it is now - they have REALLY short memories.
very true statements '76. Maddox looked pretty good at times and then the next he just stunk!! Kelly Holcomb looked like a 6 time pro-bowler in this game.
:tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I remember this game. It was one of those heavy cursing games. lots of cursing.

Maybe it'll be better knowing the outcome. Anything Steelers is fun to watch so I'll tune in.

19ward86
05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
my NFL network was canceled :doh:

Edman
05-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I remember this game. People like to complain about the Defense, but the 2002-2003 Secondary with Washington, Flowers, Alexander, and Charred Scott headed by Tim Lewis' "Cover Zero" was among the worst secondaries in history.

Oh, BTW. Our very own Bruce Arians was the Browns OC. He and "Botch Davis" took the Browns to the playoffs with "superstars" like Kelly Holcomb, William Green, and Dennis Northcutt and almost beat us. Bruce gets a ton of undeserved crap on Steeler message boards and in Cleveland.

That 2002 Browns team were the only Cleveland team I truly was worried about since the "Return". They played the Steelers tough in all three games and were actually "good" unlike this 2007 fluke bunch.

It's really sad watching Kendrell Bell. He just couldn't stay healthy. And Amos Zereoue is a lousy RB that makes Najeh Davenport look like Eric Dickerson.

Preacher
05-12-2008, 10:28 PM
WOW...

Wo is that punter fot he Browns?

We couldn't block him at all!!!!

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
WOW...

Wo is that punter fot he Browns?

We couldn't block him at all!!!!

first off.... :rofl:

secondly.... :buttkick:

Preacher
05-12-2008, 10:40 PM
first off.... :rofl:

secondly.... :buttkick:

:wave:

I thought you would enjoy that!

Preacher
05-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Thank goodness they won..

I wasn't sure this time.. it was close!

Steel Pit
05-13-2008, 12:41 AM

Yeah you're right about that. I watched the game last night and I had totally forgotten how rotten that Steelers squad was.

Not only did Holcomb look all pro but Maddox, at times, looked pretty damn good as well. Those teams didn't have any more business in the playoffs than I.

Our secondary totally sucked, we had very little pass rush, man we really sucked. A lot of Steelers fans give Arians a lot of praise and they always reflect back to that playoff game. All of the Arians props are formulated from that particular game. Whatever people, not only did the Steelers defense BLOW, they also played on a sloppy field. The secondary ran around as if they were running on ball bearings.

Man I'm glad that those days are OVER! Bill Cowher even looked like a JACK A$$ on the sideline. Tommy Maddox, Amos Zereoue, lmao, what a bunch of BUMS!

By the way, has the great Bruce Arians ever coordinated a team that has won a playoff game during his tenure?

tony hipchest
05-13-2008, 01:09 AM
By the way, has the great Bruce Arians ever coordinated a team that has won a playoff game during his tenure?

we shouldve hired the patriots josh mcdaniels to be our head coach. :doh:

...or atleast our OC. :rolleyes:

Preacher
05-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Yeah you're right about that. I watched the game last night and I had totally forgotten how rotten that Steelers squad was.

Not only did Holcomb look all pro but Maddox, at times, looked pretty damn good as well. Those teams didn't have any more business in the playoffs than I.

Our secondary totally sucked, we had very little pass rush, man we really sucked. A lot of Steelers fans give Arians a lot of praise and they always reflect back to that playoff game. All of the Arians props are formulated from that particular game. Whatever people, not only did the Steelers defense BLOW, they also played on a sloppy field. The secondary ran around as if they were running on ball bearings.

Man I'm glad that those days are OVER! Bill Cowher even looked like a JACK A$$ on the sideline. Tommy Maddox, Amos Zereoue, lmao, what a bunch of BUMS!

Seems to me that both of Bruce Arians offenses in the playoffs put up enough points to win.

it was the defenses that let him down.

NJarhead
05-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Seems to me that both of Bruce Arians offenses in the playoffs put up enough points to win.

it was the defenses that let him down.

:iagree:

Edman
05-13-2008, 01:36 AM
The 2002-2003 Steelers have to be the low point of the 00's. If anything, Tommy Turnover deserves a round of applause for actually convincing Cowher and Steeler fans that he was a good QB. We were treated to a 6-10 abomination a year later.

Combined record of both years, 16-15-1. It may not have felt that bad, but it was the 80's reincarnated. God those teams were pretty mediocre. Like the Steelers entered the Twilight Zone.

Blown out by the Texans at home, Tying with Atlanta at home, getting mopped by Tennesee, Sucking against the Raiders, Blown out by a Tim Rattay-led Niners team on MNF... Ugly, ugly, ugly games those years.

NJarhead
05-13-2008, 01:49 AM
The 2002-2003 Steelers have to be the low point of the 00's. If anything, Tommy Turnover deserves a round of applause for actually convincing Cowher and Steeler fans that he was a good QB. We were treated to a 6-10 abomination a year later.

Combined record of both years, 16-15-1. It may not have felt that bad, but it was the 80's reincarnated. God those teams were pretty mediocre. Like the Steelers entered the Twilight Zone.

Blown out by the Texans at home, Tying with Atlanta at home, getting mopped by Tennesee, Sucking against the Raiders, Blown out by a Tim Rattay-led Niners team on MNF... Ugly, ugly, ugly games those years.

It's true that Tommy may not led us to the big show, but A). he almost did and B). at that time who would have? Kordell? Kent Graham? Anthony Wright?

Preacher
05-13-2008, 01:58 AM
It's true that Tommy may not led us to the big show, but A). he almost did and B). at that time who would have? Kordell? Kent Graham? Anthony Wright?

What actually impressed me, was the fact that Kordell stewart was trying to get the crowd going, he was the first one to greet Maddox of the field, etc.

He could have been sitting on the bench moping. He didn't

Galax Steeler
05-13-2008, 04:27 AM
History keeps reapeating it self we beat the browns again.

Elvis
05-13-2008, 08:58 AM

I thought that I had forgetten those bad memories:doh:

KeiselPower99
05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Ever notice when Mike Vick played us he always looked like a good passing QB.