PDA

View Full Version : Suspects in Taylor case won't face execution

TackleMeBen
05-12-2008, 09:15 PM
MIAMI (AP) - Prosecutors said Monday they will not seek the death penalty against four people charged with murdering Washington Redskins (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67062) star Sean Taylor (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/200303) because the accused shooter was a minor when the crime was committed.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that people cannot be executed for crimes committed when they're under 18, and it's a well established legal principle that others involved in the same case as a minor cannot face the ultimate penalty if they are less directly responsible.
Assistant State Attorney Reid Rubin filed notice Friday that the death penalty will be waived. That means the four suspects could get a maximum of life in prison if convicted of first-degree murder after a trial scheduled to begin Aug. 25.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8130038/Suspects-in-Taylor-case-won't-face-execution

tony hipchest
05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
plus it would be impossible to prove pre-meditation. if it werent such a high profile case it would be pled and save the taxpayers alot of money.

Preacher
05-12-2008, 10:59 PM
I was a bit surprised... but it probably makes sense.

tony hipchest
05-12-2008, 11:04 PM
I was a bit surprised... but it probably makes sense.i wasnt. how could any prosecutor make a 1st degree murder charge stick, regardless of the defendants age?

they expected an empty house and freaked out when a man with a machette came at them.

Preacher
05-12-2008, 11:08 PM
i wasnt. how could any prosecutor make a 1st degree murder charge stick, regardless of the defendants age?

they expected an empty house and freaked out when a man with a machette came at them.

I didn't even know that much...

However, (knowing that the law doesn't read this way), I still wish that the fact they broke in can be considered forethought to murder.

Thus, because they actually planned on breaking in, they had already took the risk of being confronted and weighed it to not be an issue... even if they thought it was not occupied.

I know that is a dream. But I can still dream.

BettisFan
05-12-2008, 11:24 PM
well jail for life is what they should get

fansince'76
05-12-2008, 11:24 PM
i wasnt. how could any prosecutor make a 1st degree murder charge stick, regardless of the defendants age?

I'm still not so sure of that. I'm generally not one for conspiracy theories, but something about all this still doesn't sit right with me. I simply don't think this was a random burglary; I think there was more to it.

Friend, Former Teammate Says Taylor Targeted

Cardinals cornerback Antrel Rolle, a former teammate of Taylor's who grew up with him, said he believes Taylor was targeted.

Rolle said Taylor had enemies and former friends who wanted to see something bad happen to Taylor.

Rolle said, "They've been targeting him for three years now and I know he lived his life pretty much scared every day of his life when he was down in Miami because those people were targeting him, at least he's got peace now."

....Police are still investigating a possible link to a Nov. 17 break-in at Taylor's home, in which police said someone pried open a front window, rifled through drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed.

Taylor's Friend Claims He Was Targeted (http://www.nbc4.com/sports/14712453/detail.html)

Godfather
05-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I didn't even know that much...

However, (knowing that the law doesn't read this way), I still wish that the fact they broke in can be considered forethought to murder.

Thus, because they actually planned on breaking in, they had already took the risk of being confronted and weighed it to not be an issue... even if they thought it was not occupied.

I know that is a dream. But I can still dream.

I agree with you. The fact that they took a gun with them on a burglary should be considered premeditation. Why take the gun unless your intention is to kill anyone you encounter?

tony hipchest
05-13-2008, 12:24 AM
I agree with you. The fact that they took a gun with them on a burglary should be considered premeditation. Why take the gun unless your intention is to kill anyone you encounter?why carry your wallet and ID unlesws your intention is getting pulled over for a traffic violation?

point is, some of these people carry their gat like me and you carry our wallet.

"never leave home w/o it"

Galax Steeler
05-13-2008, 04:53 AM
I agree with you. The fact that they took a gun with them on a burglary should be considered premeditation. Why take the gun unless your intention is to kill anyone you encounter?

I agree but I hope they get what they deserve we lost one hell of a football player.

TroysBadDawg
05-13-2008, 08:05 AM
They could get life without parole, but I doubt it, they all had bad childhoods.

But they might all become someones main squeeze there.

Remember don't drop your soap and bend over to pick it up in the shower. Kick all the way back to your cell.

I wish them the best there, maybe a new walk even..

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-13-2008, 09:23 AM
why carry your wallet and ID unlesws your intention is getting pulled over for a traffic violation?

point is, some of these people carry their gat like me and you carry our wallet.

"never leave home w/o it"

word....(or so says the poopy pie master:whip:)

TroysBadDawg
05-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Locked, loaded and ready. Maybe you should read, "Dial 911 and Die"

I take my little brother everywhere I legally can.

HometownGal
05-13-2008, 10:04 AM
I hope those weasels rot in prison. Shame it will be at the expense of us taxpayers, including, sadly, Taylor's family.