PDA

View Full Version : Had a little setback over the weekend........

stillers4me
05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
My hubby took me to the emergency room Friday night and I was admitted. Terrible side pains and violent nausea with a diagnosis of ............a kidney stone with an infection. :mad: Seems the little bastard was lodged and they surgically removed it on Saturday. :wave:

So.........I got home yesterday, layed down for a bit with my pup, and then got up to take a shower. The door bell rang, I a knew it was probably the delivery person with a planter for me from work (they told me to look for it). We live in a third floor condo with a secure front door. I buzzed to let her in but she didn't get the concept. I walked out my UNLOCKED door of my unit and went down a flight of stairs to accept the delivery. When I got back upstairs............the door was locked!!!!!! :noidea:

There I was, no cell phone, no keys, a stent in my hmmhmm, holding a pot of plants. I knocked on all the neighbors doors and finally found someone home. I called the hubby and he couldn't ask to leave work again because he had appointments. (he works in college admissions).

So........he called the fire department and they came out with a truck and ladder and climbed up three flights into my living room window, which was fortunately cracked open and cut through the screen to let me in. :doh: They said the I was lucky, they had just had ladder training that morning. :chuckle:

It's so good to be home. :drink:

HometownGal
05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
WOW stillers - you were through quite the ordeal!!! Glad to hear you are home and on the mend from your surgery. :drink: Maybe you should have someone stay with you for a few days until you are feeling better and more mobile!

Thank God for firemen - they're amazing people! :thumbsup:

stillers4me
05-13-2008, 10:40 AM
WOW stillers - you were through quite the ordeal!!! Glad to hear you are home and on the mend from your surgery. :drink: Maybe you should have someone stay with you for a few days until you are feeling better and more mobile!

Thank God for firemen - they're amazing people! :thumbsup:

Actually, I'm feeling pretty good today. He said I could go back to work as soon as I feel ready. I may go for a half day tomorrow, but then again with the price of gas, I may just wait til Thursday! The stent comes out on Friday and I'm back to normal again..........until one of the other stones I'm told I have decides to move.............and hopefully passes on it's own this time! :banging:

HometownGal
05-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Actually, I'm feeling pretty good today. He said I could go back to work as soon as I feel ready. I may go for a half day tomorrow, but then again with the price of gas, I may just wait til Thursday! The stent comes out on Friday and I'm back to normal again..........until one of the other stones I'm told I have decides to move.............and hopefully passes on it's own this time! :banging:

I've never had kidney stones, thank God, but I've had patients in the past who have and they were in excruciating pain, so I can only imagine how painful they are. I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope the other stones pass without any pain or fanfare! :drink: Don't rush going back to work if you don't have to - you deserve a little R & R and some pampering from the hubby for a few days longer!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-13-2008, 11:30 AM
WOW!!!!

I had a friend who went on a first date with a girl and decided to run home quick with her to meet the parents....He parked the car in the garage, found the house/garage door locked...so he and the girl ran to the front door in the rain (closing the garage door behind them)...and found that his parents had left for dinner with friends.

They came home about 30 minutes later to two wet teenagers and possibly the worst first date ever.

That being said....YOUR situation makes his look like a birthday party!!!

That had better had been one heck of a nice Plant!!!

HometownGal
05-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey stillers - just checking in on ya. How are you feeling?

Galax Steeler
05-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Sounds like a weekend from hell hope the next few days get better.

stillers4me
05-23-2008, 05:35 AM
I'm doing' great, HTG, thanks!

I have an appointment next week with the surgeon to discuss the rest of my stones.......I'm hoping he'll suggest just blasting all those bad boys away so I can start a whole new collection......:chuckle:

TackleMeBen
05-23-2008, 06:35 AM
oh you poor thing. i have never had them, but my dad had one that actually took him down. my mom found him laying in the bathroom floor in so much pain. my dad is 6'4 and 250lbs, my poor mom had to call my brother to come and get him up.

they say if you have kidney stones the best way to pass them is to do alot of walking. that is what my dads dr told him.

i hope you are getting better and dont have any more problems with the others.

steelwall
05-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Whoa, kidney stone......whewwww... painfull. However just a suggestion, next time you can call a locksmith, if you have one in your area... Either way that sucks... big time (what kind of delivery person doesnt get the concept of being 'buzzed in'.... geez) I'm glad it turned out ok for you though.

stillers4me
05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
oh you poor thing. i have never had them, but my dad had one that actually took him down. my mom found him laying in the bathroom floor in so much pain. my dad is 6'4 and 250lbs, my poor mom had to call my brother to come and get him up.

they say if you have kidney stones the best way to pass them is to do alot of walking. that is what my dads dr told him.

i hope you are getting better and dont have any more problems with the others.

My brother's doctor told him to drink alot of beer when he's trying to pass one.

I think I can handle that. :tt03: