PDA

View Full Version : Walsh reveals more Patriot naughtiness

tony hipchest
05-13-2008, 12:43 PM
tsk tsk.

scalping of superbowl tickets and a player on injured reserve being alowed to illegaly practice (against the rules = cheating).

a kindhearted goodell says no punishment will be handed out for these infractions.

wasnt mike tice fined and eventually lose his job for scalping his personal sb tickets?

sounds like the patriots might have had a whole operation going on.

maybe specter will nail somebody for tax evasion.

fansince'76
05-13-2008, 12:48 PM
The operative word of the day is: "snowjob." :coffee:

atlsteelers
05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Goodel is part of the cover up. He can suspend players before they are found guilty in the court of law but he allows a known cheater to walk off without being suspened for a single game. Hopefully spector will get to view the tapes before they are destroyed agian.

tony hipchest
05-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Goodel is part of the cover up. He can suspend players before they are found guilty in the court of law but he allows a known cheater to walk off without being suspened for a single game. Hopefully spector will get to view the tapes before they are destroyed agian.to atone for the sin of destroying the original ones that were seized, all media were allowed to view the tapes (all 8) today before goodells presser.

at one point during the charger game walsh was trying to catch cheerleader muffshots on camera (im sure after being strictly instructed to do so by belicheat- them girls are hot!)

Galax Steeler
05-14-2008, 04:16 AM
[QUOTE=

at one point during the charger game walsh was trying to catch cheerleader muffshots on camera (im sure after being strictly instructed to do so by belicheat- them girls are hot!)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have minded seeing that part of the tape.

Michael Keller
05-14-2008, 06:31 AM
My intelligence has been insulted. I am dissapointed in Goodell , Rooney Cowher . Something is wrong here. The operastive word here is HUSH. Quite frankly I think less of the game. I have absolutely no respect for Goodel. He is a big hypocrite.

TackleMeBen
05-14-2008, 06:37 AM
i just heard on mike and mike in the morning that during the AFC championship game that steeler players said that the pats players were yelling out their plays on the field. greeny said he doubts it was b/c of the pats scouting the steelers so well... (can you say cheaters.)

they also mentioned an article in the st louis paper that says that goddel got out the broom and swept this under the rug.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-14-2008, 08:00 AM
i just heard on mike and mike in the morning that during the AFC championship game that steeler players said that the pats players were yelling out their plays on the field. greeny said he doubts it was b/c of the pats scouting the steelers so well... (can you say cheaters.)

they also mentioned an article in the st louis paper that says that goddel got out the broom and swept this under the rug.

here is the quote from Hines:

"Oh, they knew ... They were calling our stuff out. They knew, especially that first championship game here at Heinz Field. They knew a lot of our calls. There's no question some of their players were calling out some of our stuff."-Hines Ward

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-14-2008, 08:13 AM
My intelligence has been insulted. I am dissapointed in Goodell , Rooney Cowher . Something is wrong here. The operastive word here is HUSH. Quite frankly I think less of the game. I have absolutely no respect for Goodel. He is a big hypocrite.

I'm not really surprised that all the owners and coaches will tow the company line....They are all reciepients of the the same cash cow...and NOONE wants the consumer to think that the beef is tainted.

Under their breaths and in their hearts..they are pissed. But they will keep it to themselves

lilyoder6
05-14-2008, 08:13 AM
it's just sad that we have all of these facts and godell still won't punish them.. b4 hand it was a slap on the wrist.. i do hope that spector actually does something b/c roger is in it w/ the pats it looks like

TackleMeBen
05-14-2008, 08:14 AM
and how do you think they got that information if they were not cheating. what are the chances of both teams have the same play names.

CanadianSteel
05-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Its kind of expected to see the owners tow the NFL company line, but I am a little dissapointed in the Rooneys.
Coaches and players is another story, For Cowher and others to say it ahd no affect is mind baffling to me an insults my intelligence.
Someone please interview Joey Porter on this, hopefully JPeezy would give his honest opinion.
Looks like some former players on ESPN are finnaly jumping off all the PAT* arce licking and raising good points how the tapes could have been a HUGE advantage.
NFL = Cover Up big time !

fansince'76
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Its kind of expected to see the owners tow the NFL company line, but I am a little dissapointed in the Rooneys.
Coaches and players is another story, For Cowher and others to say it ahd no affect is mind baffling to me an insults my intelligence.
Someone please interview Joey Porter on this, hopefully JPeezy would give his honest opinion.
Looks like some former players on ESPN are finnaly jumping off all the PAT* arce licking and raising good points how the tapes could have been a HUGE advantage.
NFL = Cover Up big time !

If it weren't for my love of the Steelers, the NFL would have lost me as a fan for good last September.

CanadianSteel
05-14-2008, 11:33 AM
If it weren't for my love of the Steelers, the NFL would have lost me as a fan for good last September.

Count me in on that bandwagon as well.

Will always love the Steelers and what they represent, but the NFL, and thisnew Commish are very very unlikeable !!

rbryan
05-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I haven't heard anything from Arlen Spector since he met with Walsh. I'm hoping he isn't ready to let this go away.

tony hipchest
05-14-2008, 11:40 AM
I haven't heard anything from Arlen Spector since he met with Walsh. I'm hoping he isn't ready to let this go away.hes not. he just gave his presser and is calling for an independent investigation.

he finds it quite odd that roger goodell would have a patriots* attorney sitting in on his and walsh's interview/meeting/browbeating interrogation.

looks like a congressional hearing will be pushed for much like in baseball.

rbryan
05-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Spector could run for pres and get my vote right about now...lol

tony hipchest
05-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Spector could run for pres and get my vote right about now...lolthis is great. you gotta read the transcripts. he said many of his 12,000,000 penn voters are steelerfans, and many of the americans he represents on a whole are steelerfans and frankly hes still pissed on how the steelers were jobbed. he has alot of respect for the rooneys and cowher and feels they were royally screwed and cheated. :applaudit:

Dino 6 Rings
05-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Rod Woodson kept saying on the NFL network last night that it didn't help the Pats to win games. He defended it, but at every turn, he couldn't explain the quesiton "then why do it in the first place"

Ouch!

If it doesn't help, to win games, why tape signals and why hide the fact you are taping?

stillers4me
05-14-2008, 12:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/1557.jpg

So I guess not everybody was fooled by Goodell's snowjob.

And like Dino says, why do it for so long if it didn't give them an advantage? Well, yea.....there is the cheerleader footage.

DACEB
05-14-2008, 12:11 PM
You all should hear the local media here in N.E.. They act like because there was no 'walk thru' tape they should be let off the hook, or given an apology.

Attention all Patsy fans: your team brought this upon themselves! they cheated, now deal with ALL the critisism.

BTW, I've also had a suspicion for quite some time that the Patsies were manipulating the IR rule. On more than one occassion I've looked for the rookie they drafted, only to find him on IR. I didn't hear, as Tony stated, that the commish was letting them off the hook for that. My understanding was there was video of the player practicing. I would hope Goodell acts on those allegations.

stillers4me
05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
You all should hear the local media here in N.E.. They act like because there was no 'walk thru' tape they should be let off the hook, or given an apology.

Attention all Patsy fans: your team brought this upon themselves! they cheated, now deal with ALL the critisism.

You live in NE??? You have my sympathy. And I thought WhoDeyville was bad enough. :doh:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Rod Woodson kept saying on the NFL network last night that it didn't help the Pats to win games. He defended it, but at every turn, he couldn't explain the quesiton "then why do it in the first place"

Ouch!

If it doesn't help, to win games, why tape signals and why hide the fact you are taping?

What Rod is failing to understand is that...If I rob a bank...it doesnt matter if I get zero dollars or a million dollars...I am guilty of the crime regardless of the benefit.

fansince'76
05-14-2008, 12:34 PM
So I guess not everybody was fooled by Goodell's snowjob.

I think it's safe to say that anybody outside a certain six-state area in the northeast U.S. saw that charade for exactly what it was.

MACH1
05-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Goodell has become part of the problem by trying to sweep it away in the interest of the nfl. By trying to keep the integrity of the games and the league intact.

jjpro11
05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
theres obviously more people involved since walsh was only there until 2002 and belichick's shenanigans continued on since then. i dont understand why they arent having more of these interviews and calling out more employees. the coaches are and players are going to lie under any circumstances, but employees that get paid a fraction of what the coaches and players do arent as likely to out of fear.

DACEB
05-15-2008, 06:20 AM
I'd love to see someone interview Ernie Adams. This is the guy, that's really at the center of Spygate. He's the guy that had the oppurtunity to review any tapes before halftime and relay the info to Belicheat to be used in the 2nd half of games.

I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere, but y'all need to read this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=adams

TackleMeBen
05-15-2008, 06:25 AM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/sjaretwest/CHeaties2.jpg