PDA

View Full Version : James Hardy Pulls Gun on Dad?

tony hipchest
05-13-2008, 01:26 PM
i heard a sirius report saying they got in an argument and the bills 2nd round wr pointed a gun at his father.

im so glad it was Sweed who fell to us in round 2. many had guys like hardy and kelly rated higher, but i think we got the best value with the greatest chance of being a long term contributor.

Mosca
05-13-2008, 01:35 PM
What I noticed is that Sweed graduated, in December. To me, that is the strongest indicator of his chaaracter that he could possibly present.

GutterflowerSteel
05-13-2008, 01:54 PM
What I noticed is that Sweed graduated, in December. To me, that is the strongest indicator of his chaaracter that he could possibly present.
Amen:tt02:

tony hipchest
05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
What I noticed is that Sweed graduated, in December. To me, that is the strongest indicator of his chaaracter that he could possibly present.for sure mosca. plus he pretty much guaranteed he came with no baggage or character problems. couple that with all the years he started plus his big game experience, i can see why some had him rated as the best wr in the draft. i guess we just lucked out more people were scared off by a little injury than they were character flaws.

ironically hardy pulled the gun on his dad last sunday (mothers day). :doh:

there may be more to the story, im just glad its not the steelers who have to deal with this distraction.

oh, speaking of smarts and character, i also like the steelers drafting 2 guys persuing post graduate degrees.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-13-2008, 02:10 PM
for sure mosca. plus he pretty much guaranteed he came with no baggage or character problems. couple that with all the years he started plus his big game experience, i can see why some had him rated as the best wr in the draft. i guess we just lucked out more people were scared off by a little injury than they were character flaws.

ironically hardy pulled the gun on his dad last sunday (mothers day). :doh:

I think I might make other plans for Fathers Day if I were his Mom. :dualies::couch:

tony hipchest
05-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I think I might make other plans for Fathers Day if I were his Mom. :dualies::couch::toofunny:

in his defense, if his dad was smacking around his mom, i would excuse it. but still, he has domestic violence issues of his own. im sure goodell will see to it that the bills keep a short leash on him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-13-2008, 02:35 PM
:toofunny:

in his defense, if his dad was smacking around his mom, i would excuse it. but still, he has domestic violence issues of his own. im sure goodell will see to it that the bills keep a short leash on him.

I have been looking for the story...???

tony hipchest
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
I have been looking for the story...???

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080513/SPORTS0601/805130421/1004/SPORTS

Just came out-

Fort Wayne police investigated former Indiana University standout and Buffalo Bills draft choice James Hardy for fighting with his father and pulling a gun, the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel reported today.

Hardy, 22, was gone when police arrived Sunday and will not be charged, the newspaper said.

James W. Hardy II told police that his son "did not do anything to him," according to the incident report, and that his son was angry with him for spending much of his son's childhood in prison , the News-Sentinel said. The father told reporters there was no altercation or gun.

Police investigated after receiving an incomplete 911 call from a residence in southeast Fort Wayne. A woman who lives in the house told police she saw a disturbance between the father and son.

The News-Sentinel could not reach Hardy for comment, and a Bills spokesman said the team was unaware of the incident and would investigate. Hardy's agent, Eugene Parker, could not be reached for comment.

During a three-year career at IU that ended when he decided to forgo his senior season, Hardy set school career marks with 191 receptions, 2,740 yards and 36 touchdowns. He had at least 10 touchdowns each season.

Buffalo selected the wide receiver with the 41st pick in the NFL draft in April.
:chuckle: the irony gets thicker

Texasteel
05-13-2008, 03:22 PM
How did this guy get away from Cinny?

Dino 6 Rings
05-13-2008, 04:06 PM
"A woman who lives in the house"

A room mate? Girlfriend of the Dad's? Bag Lady that was sleeping in the attic?

Galax Steeler
05-14-2008, 04:14 AM
This is a wierd story they must of hid the gun before police arrived.