PDA

View Full Version : K-2 is missing

Elvis
05-15-2008, 06:00 AM
BEREA, Ohio -- Kellen Winslow wouldn't be practicing anyway, but the star tight end's absence from the Cleveland Browns' organized team activities this week is notable.
Unlike mini-camps, the three weeks of OTAs are not mandatory. However, players usually report so they can take part in conditioning drills and team meetings or rehab injuries.
Winslow, who underwent offseason knee surgery and his recovering in San Diego, has made it clear he wants the Browns to redo his contract.
Winslow missed most of his first two seasons in the league with injuries. He three more years left on a contract the Browns restructured after he missed an entire year following a motorcycle accident.
story continues below

It's unclear if Winslow's absence is health related or foreshadowing a contract dispute. Coach Romeo Crennel didn't provide any insight into the reason for Winslow not being around.

"When he gets here, we'll find out for sure exactly what that is," said Crennel. "He's not here and I haven't spoken with him, so when he gets here I'll be able to answer that question."
Browns general manager Phil Savage already has said the team has no intention of reworking Winslow's contract after it acted in good faith when he was coming back from his injuries and restructured the deal.
A year ago, wide receiver Braylon Edwards missed the first day of OTAs, raising concerns he and the Browns were at odds over something. The always talkative wideout had little to say about his teammate's truancy on Wednesday.
"Everybody goes through personal trials and tribulations, and obviously he has something going on that the team is aware about," Edwards said. "That's his business. I don't know what's going on. So that's up to him and coach."
Linebacker Willie McGinest, who recently decided he will retire after the upcoming season -- his 15th -- was asked if as a team leader he would speak with Winslow. "I don't know what the situation is with Kellen, but if they needed me to speak to him, I'm like a big brother to him," he said. "We're all supposed to be brothers and family around here, so everybody should be able to talk to each other."

Blitzburgh_Fever
05-15-2008, 03:32 PM
You know who isn't having issues like these in the AFC North? That's right...

Preacher
05-15-2008, 04:15 PM
You know who isn't having issues like these in the AFC North? That's right...

And why is that?

Because we cut players that play that game... or just let 'em sit.

Dino 6 Rings
05-15-2008, 04:30 PM
But wait, isn't this the same Cleveland Organization that is going to take away our AFC Crown?

This must all be false reporting.

:huh:

revefsreleets
05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Souljah can sit...it's not like a rookie camp holdout. As much as I hate to say it, if he stays healthy, he'll put up Gates/Gonzales #'s this year.

Don't like him, but I respect his talent.

TroysBadDawg
05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey Dino, I didn't want him when they drafted him, still don't care for him that much. HE is more talk about him than team.

Some players forget it is a team sport and there is no I in team. IF he wanted to play a I sport he should have taken up golf or tennis.

revefsreleets
05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
We need to be careful...Hines Ward held out a few years ago (not saying that K2 and Ward are ANYTHING alike) so we are not immune as an organization from internal strife.

stlrtruck
05-16-2008, 11:57 AM
We need to be careful...Hines Ward held out a few years ago (not saying that K2 and Ward are ANYTHING alike) so we are not immune as an organization from internal strife.

There's a big difference in those two players. Hines Ward was a proven commodity to have on the team. Please tell me what K-2 has done to prove his value? He's been absent from a lot of games due to injury - if he wants a big contract he needs to perform for it!!!

BettisFan
05-16-2008, 01:33 PM
so any new news on kellen?

rbryan
05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't miss him.

He's got no shame to ask for more $ with 3 years left, considering he never earned the majority of the money $ he's already been paid.

k2, shockey, and ocho dinko should all retire and go into the movies.

FordsnSteelers
05-16-2008, 04:26 PM
He hasnt even put in two full seasons yet, has a ton of unearned $, and now thinks one ok season is susposed to garner him a bigger contract? :rofl:

I cant stand to see players like this, they completely destroy their respected organizations foundations. HA HA at least it the Brownies! :applaudit:

Steeler in Carolina
05-16-2008, 05:16 PM
He's a bum.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Hence why we drafted the poor-mans version of him in Martin Rucker.

It really doesn't seem like phil and the team are all that concerned from what I've read.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-17-2008, 08:26 AM
I dont think the Browns would miss him that much with the addition of Stallworth to the team. Stallworth is gonna take catches away from Winslow, and I garantee Winslow will bitch about it at some point in the season.

KW2 doesn't even seem to acknoledge that his contract situation is his fault for trying to do Evil Kinevil stunts on a motorcycle in a parking lot. And he's damn lucky the Browns didnt cut him for being such a jackass. Instead they restrucred his deal with performance incentives in good faith that he would play well.

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 09:10 AM
It doesn't help KWjr that he hired Drew Rosenhaus as his new agent.

That guy is a lowlife..............EVEN AMONG AGENTS !!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 12:29 PM
It doesn't help KWjr that he hired Drew Rosenhaus as his new agent.

That guy is a lowlife..............EVEN AMONG AGENTS !!

Heres hoping KWII's ego doesn't inflate like TO's.

Someone needs to show him his dads highlight tape of his dad back in '82 against miami, Football isn't all about Money, and thats what a lot of athletes have forgotten.

FordsnSteelers
05-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Someone needs to show him his dads highlight tape of his dad back in '82 against miami, Football isn't all about Money, and thats what a lot of athletes have forgotten.

so true. just like all those 1st round players that get overpaid; like Jake Long is the highest paid tackle and hasnt even played one down of pro football. Or J. Russel making $10 mil to ride the bench all last season.

Blitzburgh_Fever
05-17-2008, 01:29 PM
KW2 doesn't even seem to acknoledge that his contract situation is his fault for trying to do Evil Kinevil stunts on a motorcycle in a parking lot. And he's damn lucky the Browns didnt cut him for being such a jackass. Instead they restrucred his deal with performance incentives in good faith that he would play well.

Hey baby, let's leave the motorcycle shenanigans where they lie... :sofunny:

I kid I kid. Woodly played well last season, surprised he isn't trying to renegogiate his contract. Ugh, glad the Steelers closest call was Faneca. Impressed we didn't franchise him or anything, stand up act by the FO (if not a great business move).

TackleMeBen
05-17-2008, 02:27 PM

maybe he wants a new contract so he can buy him a new motorcycle so this time instead of jumping curbs in a parking lot he can jump school buses:chuckle:

HometownGal
05-17-2008, 02:30 PM

Amen! :thumbsup: I respected Winslow, Sr. immensely. Jr., unfortunately, doesn't possess the class and grind that his Dad did.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Amen! :thumbsup: I respected Winslow, Sr. immensely. Jr., unfortunately, doesn't possess the class and grind that his Dad did.

Perhaps he does...Perhaps he doesn't.

Its still really early. He wants to prove he belongs among the great, He'll come back and dominate you guys. ;)

HometownGal
05-17-2008, 03:56 PM

Its still really early. He wants to prove he belongs among the great, He'll come back and dominate you guys. ;)

Well - then - he needs to show that on the field, keep his yap shut and play ball.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Well - then - he needs to show that on the field, keep his yap shut and play ball.

:applaudit:

jjpro11
05-18-2008, 12:25 AM
winslow should still be thanking the browns for not cleaning out his entire salary after the stupid shit he has done, he still doesnt get it.

revefsreleets
05-19-2008, 09:24 PM

Because all the Browns have done such a good job of "dominating" the Steelers lately? And by lately, I mean anytime since Bernie Kosar was still playing for them....