PDA

View Full Version : I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

Elvis
05-15-2008, 06:23 PM
I just got through watching the AFC Tittle Game of '06 against the Broncos and I tell ya one thing... I miss those 2 players and I know that our defense does as well. Chris Hope meant a whole lot more to our defense than what I would have ever thought. Troy Polomalu was all over the field in that game and the Colts game as well... and now Troy is having to stay back and help out alot more with our FS situation being the way it was last year. Joey Porter was just the man that got our team ready to play and he was a great leader and took alot of pressure off our other players...
Does anyone else miss them like I do?
:tt02:

NJarhead
05-15-2008, 06:40 PM
I just got through watching the AFC Tittle Game of '06 against the Broncos and I tell ya one thing... I miss those 2 players and I know that our defense does as well. Chris Hope meant a whole lot more to our defense than what I would have ever thought. Troy Polomalu was all over the field in that game and the Colts game as well... and now Troy is having to stay back and help out alot more with our FS situation being the way it was last year. Joey Porter was just the man that got our team ready to play and he was a great leader and took alot of pressure off our other players...
Does anyone else miss them like I do?

I miss JP very much. I added his jersey to my wall.....sometimes I cry into it. :crying02:

BlastFurnace
05-15-2008, 06:51 PM
I treasure the memories of Joey, but it was time to move on.

Chris Hope probably meant more to our defense than we realize...well...maybe we do now.

Galax Steeler
05-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Got to love the past them two guys made some outstanding plays.

HometownGal
05-15-2008, 07:14 PM
I don't miss them, per se, but I value their accomplishments with the Steelers and appreciate their contributions to the team and the organization. :tt02:

Preacher
05-15-2008, 07:15 PM
I miss a Joey Porter... In His Prime....

but not the Joey Porter of last year.

NJarhead
05-15-2008, 07:18 PM
I don't miss them, per se, but I value their accomplishments with the Steelers and appreciate their contributions to the team and the organization. :tt02:

I always felt confident with JP out there. He was fearless. Unfortunately, I'll never forget when he blew the tackle (got tossed aside) on Kellen Winslow Jr. I was crushed. Greg Lloyd and Joey Porter are two of my all time favorites. I love the intensity (in all forms) they brought to each game. Wish they both could have retired Steelers, having never played for anyone else (add Rod Woodson and Carnell Lake to that list).

Elvis
05-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Chris Hope was the one that took care of everything while Troy was making all the plays around the line of scrimmage. I havent heard alot about him.. is he still with Tennessee?.
Who in a Steelers uniform today has the enthusiasm and relentless hustle like Joey Porter had? Nobody except Tyrone Carter that cant back anything up or Anthony Smith to speak.
:helmet:

NV STEELERS 723
05-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Yea Peezy always backed up his talk... At work 2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to run into Peezy and talk to him for a few minutes...he is really a nice guy, and he saw my STEELERS lanyard w/ my airport badge on it and said "your allright w/ me" ! He is freaking huge!!!

We grew up 90 miles from each other in CA.... so we were chatting about the San Joaquin Valley, and about our respective high schools.. He went to Foothill HS in Bakersfield...

Peezy was the man...he will always be missed, and I will still wear his jersey!

NJarhead
05-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Yea Peezy always backed up his talk... At work 2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to run into Peezy and talk to him for a few minutes...he is really a nice guy, and he saw my STEELERS lanyard w/ my airport badge on it and said "your allright w/ me" ! He is freaking huge!!!

We grew up 90 miles from each other in CA.... so we were chatting about the San Joaquin Valley, and about our respective high schools.. He went to Foothill HS in Bakersfield...

Peezy was the man...he will always be missed, and I will still wear his jersey!

That is awesome and I am jealous. :mad: .........:laughing:

BettisFan
05-15-2008, 08:06 PM
if we had both even if not necessarily starting our team would be alot better. Hope could play some reps at FS or S and Joey is always beastly. I miss them too.

19ward86
05-15-2008, 08:39 PM
i miss chad scott.

The Duke
05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
i miss chad scott.

lol, yeah, and I miss slash :chuckle:

fansince'76
05-15-2008, 08:50 PM

I miss Huey Richardson! :toofunny:

Pidots55
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
i also miss JP a lot. I like it a lot when he guaranteed a victory or talked trash before the game. He could really get the team fired up for the game. Hope was a very important for our scheme. With him on the team Polamalu could be free to make his plays and he (Hope) hardly ever got beat deep.

NJarhead
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
i miss chad scott.

You guys are stupid. Kent Graham leaving is clearly the biggest loss this organization has ever suffered.............:rofl:

Steeldude
05-15-2008, 10:23 PM
i was jumping for joy when they let porter go. i hate it when a better player(harrison) is wasting away on the bench because the starter is popular.

BlastFurnace
05-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I miss Huey Richardson! :toofunny:

I still wear my Rich Erenberg jersery.

HometownGal
05-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I miss John Kuhn. :tomato::tomato:

SteelersMongol
05-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I miss him a lot. Wish he'd come back & play with us 4 a season or 2 before he reitres. :tt02:

I miss a Joey Porter... In His Prime....

but not the Joey Porter of last year.

Well, what do V expect. He had a sucky 2 team that don't go nowhere.

steelymcmatt
05-15-2008, 10:39 PM
I miss our steel curtain defense!

Mistah_Q
05-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Well the good news, if you still have a Porter jersey you can just have a HUMPAL nameplate put on it

klick81
05-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Judging from Joey's official website, I don't think he's moved on either! LOL...:

http://www.joeyporter.com/

If you look hard, you'll find a Dolphin in there SOMEWHERE! In all seriousness though, I do believe Peezy was an emotional leader that the team DOES miss and badly needs replacing.

As far as on the field, I believe Harrison has done an EXCELLENT job.

Rhee Rhee
05-16-2008, 12:33 AM
i miss chris hope soooo much... he was one of the unsung hero of our defense... on that championship team i'd say that the top defensive players go as follows..

1. casey hampton
2. Troy
3. Joey
4. Aaron smith
5. Chris Hope
6. James Farrior
7. Ike
8. Clark haggans
9. Kimo
10. Deshea
11. Larry

as good as our defense is now i can't imagine how good we'd be if we kept chris hope..

FordsnSteelers
05-16-2008, 12:44 AM
yea joey porter was one of the best LBs we have had but the organization knew that he was past his prime. The Best vocal leader but too many knee injuries (look at him in Miami) as much as i wouldve loved for the steelers to keep him, it wouldve been too much money on a no win situation. Chris Hope was solid but give Anthony Smith some time and our secondary (excluding Townsend-toooooo slow) will be on point. But only if Troy gets back to his usual 'reckless abandon' self, which he will.

Galax Steeler
05-16-2008, 04:43 AM

:coffee:

Steeldude
05-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I still wear my Rich Erenberg jersery.

the man from colgate. i remember in one game he broke his nose. i can't remember who the steelers were playing. i believe he wore the #24. am i correct?

jjpro11
05-18-2008, 01:24 AM
i think a lot of our FS troubles happened because of ryan clark being out. he had been filling in just fine after getting a season in the system under his belt. chris hope has been very good for the titans though. i know he got hurt, im not sure of his status though. a lot of us did underrate his coverage skills when he was here. he was more than just a heavy hitter.

of course i miss porter.. he was the most hated player by far in cleveland. that alone made him my favorite player. he helped lead us to a super bowl, so he will always be ok in my book.

slashsteel
05-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Peezy was a big contributer on the XL run. I loved the way he played and he will always be a Steeler to me. :)

SteelersMongol
05-18-2008, 11:38 PM
You guys are making me wish that I could buy Peezy's jersey. Seriously.

Edman
05-19-2008, 12:37 AM
I miss Joey Porter of 2001-2004.

2005-2006 Joey Porter? Nope.

Welcome To Smashmouth
05-20-2008, 01:21 AM
[SIZE=2]Does anyone else miss them like I do?

No one, and I do mean no one replaces Joey Porter in my mind. Yes, Harrison stepped in and did an amazing job on the field (and i credit him for that), But off the field there is not another Joey Porter in this league. Maybe Ray Lewis's intensity RIVALS Joeys, but it doesn't match it.

Yes he made big plays, yes he earned Pro Bowl spots, but Joey Porter did his best work motivating those around him, and empassioning all who truly appreciate the game of football

...oh yea, and Chris Hope was the man too : D

klick81
05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
No one, and I do mean no one replaces Joey Porter in my mind. Yes, Harrison stepped in and did an amazing job on the field (and i credit him for that), But off the field there is not another Joey Porter in this league. Maybe Ray Lewis's intensity RIVALS Joeys, but it doesn't match it.

Yes he made big plays, yes he earned Pro Bowl spots, but Joey Porter did his best work motivating those around him, and empassioning all who truly appreciate the game of football

:tt: Well said. :tt:

stlrtruck
05-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I miss Chris Hope. He and Troy had a great chemistry that allowed for some different options. They even admitted to having a special bond that they knew what the other was thinking and doing on the field.

lilyoder6
05-20-2008, 11:37 AM
i miss hope the most at the safety pos.. he was a under-rated player on our d who had a sig role 4 us winning.. but oh well u can't keep them all

Jt- Steelers Fan
05-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I miss Porter.