PDA

View Full Version : You guys may not like me very much. :)

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-16-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm a Browns fan from Ohio, still live there, but theres been this collection of bandwagoneers from you guys around here who don't know the first thing about football (Once had a guy claim Hines Ward played DEFENSE), which is a poor representation of what I think you guys are all about. We share a great rivalry with you guys, much in the vein of OSU-Michigan around here, and I've been waiting for it to comeback. I love to chat football with real die-hard true football fans and am hoping that you guys like the same?

The reason why I have Rod Woodson as my screen name is because he was really amazing at Purdue which is my favorite college team and I was afraid you guys wouldn't want my screen name at B247 or something browns related in it :)

So, thanks for having me and uh, Quaker Steak Rules!

fansince'76
05-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the board, RodWoodsonwasprettycool! :cheers:

If you have any questions or concerns about the site, please feel free to PM (Private Message) myself or HometownGal. Post often and have fun!

And as far as being a Browns fan here is concerned, no sweat - I saw that TroysBadDawg was your referrer for this site, so you should have no problems here. A friend of TBD's is a friend of this board! :cheers:

BettisFan
05-16-2008, 10:42 PM
welcome, just dont troll and ur aight with me

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Believe me I hate trolls just as much as you guys.

The ESPN boards are full of them and can't count how many times I've been fed up with that.

Thanks for the kind welcome guys, though on September 14th and December 28th it'll be different, and I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

PisnNapalm
05-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Fark! Another one?

Ugh... Ok... here goes....

Welcome to the forums. Now go get me a drink of water. :flap:

ShutDown24
05-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the boards! We have a few good Browns fans here, intelligent posts are welcome from anyone as far as I'm concerned. Have fun.

GoFins11
05-17-2008, 01:11 AM
I have no issues with you:drink:

Galax Steeler
05-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Welcome to the board.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-17-2008, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the board...good posters from other teams are always welcome.
:hatsoff:

HometownGal
05-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Hiya RodWoodsonwasprettycool and welcome to SF! :wave::drink:

We have some very cool Browns fans here, so please feel free to jump into the discussions!

stillers4me
05-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Welcome to SF! Here's your own Terrible Towel.........I promise I won't tell anyone that you have one! :tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
05-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Welcome.

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 08:55 AM
And as far as being a Browns fan here is concerned, no sweat - I saw that TroysBadDawg was your referrer for this site, so you should have no problems here. A friend of TBD's is a friend of this board! :cheers:

Hang on........ so are you saying that fans of other teams need some sort of referral from an existing SF member to be able to post here ??

IF so, when did THAT start ??

hmm..... I think I'll go take a look at those rules again......:confused:

....upon further review, basically of the "referrals" section of the FAQ, it looks like you guys track referrals in order to credit a member for promoting the site, not to exclude other teams fans.

Sf has had something of a reputation in the past for excluding other teams fans (especially Browns fans, sometimes for nothing more than a username). I am glad to see the referral system doesn't seem to be used for that.

Now if I could just get member number one to rearrange those letters in my username like I asked him to a long time ago.......... :cool:

fansince'76
05-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Hang on........ so are you saying that fans of other teams need some sort of referral from an existing SF member to be able to post here ??

IF so, when did THAT start ??

hmm..... I think I'll go take a look at those rules again......:confused:

Not at all - the "referrer" field is an optional one - however, on TroysBadDawg's profile, "RodWoodsonwasprettycool" now shows up as a referral to this site, so TBD gets the "credit" for one referral - doesn't really mean anything though.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Welcome!

millwalldavey
05-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Nice to have you! I'd rather a browns fan than the crows (philly or baltimore), bungles, or scum (patriots)

SteelerFanInATL
05-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the best fansite on the internet. Watchouttherenow!!!!!!!!! You might start bleeding B & G if you hang around here long enough. Have fun. Enjoy!!! :thmbup:

steelwall
05-17-2008, 11:55 PM
I have no problems with Browns fans being here, as long as it's not this one guy named Brian that I worked with, but you're in Ohio so can't be that loud mouth..lol

Seriously, welcome....

katk9
05-18-2008, 05:32 AM
Welcome aboard

SteelersMongol
05-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Welcome 2 the site, I guess. Enjoy.

... theres been this collection of bandwagoneers from you guys around here who don't know the first thing about football (Once had a guy claim Hines Ward played DEFENSE), which is a poor representation of what I think you guys are all about...

Yeah, some people just pretend they're one of us. Believe you me, if there's someone who's got no clue about where Hines played, then it just shows it.

Aussie_steeler
05-20-2008, 08:14 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard

Ron Woodson was more than pretty cool......he was all world talent

You have a good eye for talent. Look forward to your posts.

CB1977
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi and welcome to a fellow Browns fan!

Most are pretty cool here....just respect them and you'll be fine!

Go Browns!!!

TroysBadDawg
05-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Sheesh I didn't realize I referred anybody. Darn I am good. UK is just jellous he didn't yet.

Welcome to the Steers board Fellow Browns fan. Really they are pretty cool here, conservative like me in views of the world. fanatical in views of their team like Browns fans are, so if you treat with respect you receive I found out.

Keep smack in the boiler room, and they love it there. And yes the Bengals still SUCK even over here they do.

HometownGal
05-20-2008, 03:09 PM
And yes the Bengals still SUCK even over here they do.

Well whaddya know TBD? Your Browns have something in common with the Bungles. :wink02::chuckle:

SteelersMongol
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Well whaddya know TBD? Your Browns have something in common with the Bungles. :wink02::chuckle:

:thumbsup: :rofl: :tt02:

Elvis
05-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm a Browns fan from Ohio, still live there, but theres been this collection of bandwagoneers from you guys around here who don't know the first thing about football (Once had a guy claim Hines Ward played DEFENSE), which is a poor representation of what I think you guys are all about. We share a great rivalry with you guys, much in the vein of OSU-Michigan around here, and I've been waiting for it to comeback. I love to chat football with real die-hard true football fans and am hoping that you guys like the same?

The reason why I have Rod Woodson as my screen name is because he was really amazing at Purdue which is my favorite college team and I was afraid you guys wouldn't want my screen name at B247 or something browns related in it :)

So, thanks for having me and uh, Quaker Steak Rules!
You guys may not like me very much. :)
Atleast that much you have right :chuckle:
Welcome to the Home of The 5 Time Super Bowl Champion Steelers!!

UK CANDY BEE
05-25-2008, 02:10 PM
I never worry much about what they might not like here.

....especially when you look at what they DO like !!

...for example, those hideous colors of theirs !!

I encourage Browns fans EVERYWHERE to perform a legitimate public service and improve the overall appearance of these forums by painting as much Orange & Brown around as possible !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/BigRevolvingBrownsHelmet.gif

Elvis
05-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Now, I know that we have some Brownie fans here in our forrum now and this is not gonna sit well with you folks, but there isnt much of a rivalry the last 3 or 4 years or longer. Really, I enjoy beating the Browns every year the last 3 years or so, but to say that it is still your rivalry... I just dont think so
:popcorn:

UK CANDY BEE
05-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Now, I know that we have some Brownie fans here in our forrum now and this is not gonna sit well with you folks, but there isnt much of a rivalry the last 3 or 4 years or longer. Really, I enjoy beating the Browns every year the last 3 years or so, but to say that it is still your rivalry... I just dont think so
:popcorn:

If I were in your shoes, I might view it in a similar way.

But there are a couple of things that lead me to believe you are mistaken.

First, the overall total of victories by both teams is very close.

....and Second, every time I see the Browns and Steelers square off, I see two teams that are VERY pumped for the game !!

Had most of the contests over the past four or five years been blowouts, I would say that tips the scale in favor of your opinion all by itself, but that has not been the case.

As a matter of fact, I see this rivalry heating up beginning this season by just about ANY definition !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/BigRevolvingBrownsHelmet.gif

HometownGal
05-25-2008, 09:44 PM
....and Second, every time I see the Browns and Steelers square off, I see two teams that are VERY pumped for the game !!

And I see a team that hasn't beaten the Steelers in over 4 years. :chuckle::flap:

Had most of the contests over the past four or five years been blowouts, I would say that tips the scale in favor of your opinion all by itself, but that has not been the case.

What significance does that have? A loss is a loss is a loss is a LOSS. :scholar:

As a matter of fact, I see this rivalry heating up beginning this season by just about ANY definition !!

And every season, we hear the SOS from you Browns fans. Time to face the facts - we OWN you. :point::tt02:

UK CANDY BEE
05-25-2008, 10:10 PM
And every season, we hear the SOS from you Browns fans. Time to face the facts - we OWN you. :point::tt02:

It's a brand new season............

......we'll see who gets OWNED !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/MTBBlogo.gif

katk9
06-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the board.